Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCState has scheduled a game with ECU on Dec. 1. It's kind
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

NCState has scheduled a game with ECU on Dec. 1. It's kind

Oct 25, 2018, 1:55 PM

of a make-up game for both teams since they each had a game hurricaned out.

It seems odd to me that they would have scheduled that when they still have a chance to play in the ACC Championship game that same day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol

Oct 25, 2018, 1:56 PM

ECU is not even in the ACC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I'll take ECU and the points***

Oct 25, 2018, 1:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: NCState has scheduled a game with ECU on Dec. 1. It's kind

Oct 25, 2018, 2:42 PM

yeah like the ever "had a chance" to play in the ACCCG. funny stuff

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All we have to do is slip up and lose to BC. (Not likely,

Oct 25, 2018, 2:47 PM

but it could happen.) It just seems like they should have waited...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All we have to do is slip up and lose to BC. (Not likely,

Oct 25, 2018, 2:56 PM

Wouldn't this result in a three way tie given every team wins besides that?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2018, 3:07 PM

Yeah, I missed that in my earlier reply, but

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will not play EZU if they make it to the championship***

Oct 25, 2018, 2:57 PM [ in reply to All we have to do is slip up and lose to BC. (Not likely, ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2018, 2:58 PM [ in reply to All we have to do is slip up and lose to BC. (Not likely, ]

Not quite right. We would have to lose 2 ACC games since we own the tie breaker over ncsu if we both ended the season with 1 lose.

Oct 25, 2018, 4:10 PM [ in reply to All we have to do is slip up and lose to BC. (Not likely, ]

Clemson would have to lose 2. We own the head-to-head tie breaker vs NC State. And are higher ranked than BC (higher ranked gets the nod if in a 3 way tie with all having 1 loss).

ACC tie breaker rules...

Oct 25, 2018, 4:20 PM [ in reply to All we have to do is slip up and lose to BC. (Not likely, ]

If two or more teams are tied, they shall be declared division co-champions. Division standings will be calculated on a percentage basis, using only those Conference games which are a part of the regular rotating schedule. In the event of division co-champions, the following tie-breaker procedure will be used to determine that division’s representative to the championship game.

A. Two-Team Tie
1. Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
2. Win-percentage of the tied teams within the division.
3. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall win-percentage (divisional and non-divisional), and proceeding though the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last using the league’s tie-breaker policies.
4. Overall win-percentage versus all common non-divisional opponents.
5. Combined win-percentage versus all non-divisional opponents.
6. Win-percentage versus common non-divisional opponents based upon their order of finish (overall conference win-percentage) and proceeding through other common non-divisional opponents based upon their divisional order of finish.
7. The tied team with the higher ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.
8. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or Commissioner’s designee.

B. Three (or More) Team Tie
(Three team (or more) tiebreaker procedure will be used to break all ties to identify the Championship game representative. Once a team is eliminated from the tie, the tie-breaker procedures restart for the remaining teams. If the three (or more) team tie can only be reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker format will then be applied).
1. Combined head-to-head win-percentage among the tied teams.
2. Win-percentage of the tied teams within the division.
3. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference win-percentage, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken first to last, using the league’s tie-breaker policies.
4. Combined win-percentage versus all common non-divisional opponents.
5. Overall win-percentage versus non-divisional opponents.
6. Win-percentage versus common non-divisional opponents based upon their order of finish (overall conference win-percentage) and proceeding through other common non-divisional opponents based upon their divisional order of finish.
7. The tied team with the highest ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.
8. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or Commissioner’s designee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: ACC tie breaker rules...

Oct 25, 2018, 5:52 PM

The 7th tie-breaker would decide it and there are a lot of variables

Texas A&M- could win out or lose out and determine if clemson is above or below NCSU
Duke-same as above
UVA- UVA could win out and give nc state the best win

Re: ACC tie breaker rules...

Oct 25, 2018, 5:54 PM [ in reply to ACC tie breaker rules... ]

Also, the South Carolina game could knock clemson down in the ranking or put them on top.

yet another team with an idiot mascot.

Oct 25, 2018, 2:45 PM

at least they do not try to pass themselves off as "Carolina"

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2018, 3:56 PM

NCSU knew they were not playing in Charlotte... they knew in their heart of hearts.

As for ECU, they know they can beat state. Thus leaving NC A&T as North Carolina's football power!

Oct 25, 2018, 4:05 PM

In a previous post, I had something wrong about CLEMSON, BC, and NCSU. CLEMSON does own the TB over NCSU, but if BC and NCSU win out, BC would own the TB over CLEMSON, and NCSU would own the TB over BC, so I think that would result in a 3-way tie. Now at that point, I do not know the rule for that situation.

As for the Dec 1 game, I understand that they would be allowed to cancel that game should they be eligible to play in the ACCCG. I'm not positive about that either.

I'm sure they can cancel it. It just seems like an odd

Oct 25, 2018, 4:13 PM

agreement - schedule a game for Dec. 1 when you may not know whether it can be played until Nov. 24.

Re: I'm sure they can cancel it. It just seems like an odd

Oct 25, 2018, 5:59 PM

Luckily, Ray Tanner doesn't have this dilemma...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2018, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: NCState has scheduled a game with ECU on Dec. 1. It's kind ]

Yes, there was a clause in the agreement to play the game, that it would be cancelled if either team made their championship game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhhh...no they don't and they know it....

Oct 25, 2018, 4:05 PM

which is why they scheduled the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic