Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAAT committee process (compared to football).....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 537

NCAAT committee process (compared to football).....

Mar 18, 2019, 2:24 PM

Been thinking about how the NCAAT committee came off as looking like a bunch of people that watched ESPN in their pajamas and then ignored various metrics while picking bubble teams, ignoring conference tournaments in picking higher seeds, etc.

Does anyone know if the NCAAT committee gets together during the season? Or do they just get together the last weekend of the season to pool their ignorance?

One thing about football....that committee starts its work early, gets together often, puts out official rankings, etc. You know where you stand the second half of the season and what you need to do week to week. Not everyone agrees at the end (looking at you UGA whiners!), but it can't be denied that they put a lot of work in and are clear on what is required to get into the playoff.

I think college basketball could learn from this. Get that committee together at the end of January. Publish an official Top 50 ranking each week of February leading into March. Use the NET and other rankings to help, but go ahead and rank teams. Do the top secret meeting stuff like the college football playoff committee does, and then have the weekly interview with ESPN or CBS or whoever to explain the rankings.

I think this would actually help get more eyes on college basketball games before March.
And maybe actually bring a little more thoughtfulness to the brackets.
And I think it would help teams know where they stand. The NET ranking certainly didn't do that this year.
This would certainly require more work on the committee's parts (a lot more basketball games out there each week to watch than football).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 537
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic