Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My understand if the test b
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

My understand if the test b

Dec 25, 2018, 10:04 PM

Comes back with the same results all three athletes are suspended for a year. That hurts us this year with Big Dex, but he can go to the NFL. Up until the point he had the opportunity to return to Clemson for his senior season. The other two are completely screwed because unless they win through appeal they both are suspended for a year much like Grier. I could be wrong and feel free to correct

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: My understand if the test b

Dec 25, 2018, 10:16 PM

I wonder how many players were tested?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're correct. I think they will win on appeal at worst.

Dec 25, 2018, 10:38 PM

Doesn't help for this year, of course.

I heard about 1/6 of the team is tested. So about 15 guys?

Giella is RS junior and graduated

Dec 25, 2018, 10:50 PM

Not for sure he was coming back, at least as a player. They are supposed to test around 25%. If B comes back positive, then we continue to try and identify the source.

Dec 25, 2018, 11:32 PM

It’s really pathetic the way people are now assumed to be guilty and have to prove their innocence at great financial cost to many. I am beginning to wonder if the NCAA has outlived its usefulness?? When it comes to certain schools they tend to look the other way. Bama, UGA, Texas A&M Auburn just to name a few, are innocent until proven guilty. I wonder if these schools have been guilty of NCAA violations, how many times has the NCAA’s vision been impaired during their kinda sort of investigation into one of their select programs.

It sad that this has happened to Clemson and these kids at this time. No one will remember if Clemson’s 3 players are redeemed after they miss the Cotton Bowl. Mainly because they are from Clemson, most will only remember these 3 kids unjustly as cheaters. They want remember these players were exonerated.

If I were one of the attorneys representing these 3 Clemson Athletes and they are cleared after missing the games, I would be really busy filing lawsuits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 1:19 AM

NCAA has long ago out lived/out stayed their welcome!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your are absolutely correct,

Dec 26, 2018, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Re: My understand if the test b ]

but the "rules are rules" crowd around here isn't going to like this.

Dec 26, 2018, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: My understand if the test b ]

Do Alabama, Oklahoma and Notre Dame receive the same tests? How do they choose the 25% of players? Which Alabama players have been tested? Which Notre Dame players have been tested?

Also, what is the purpose of the test B?

I'm praying also. I'm praying for Dex that if it is truly unintentional that God will have mercy on him, and I'm praying that our team will do just as well if not better if these players don't get vindicated.

Dec 26, 2018, 12:34 PM

Yes all teams get tested the same way. I doubt they release the names of the players who are tested, but it should be random.

Test B is to validate that there was not an anomaly or false-positive in the A sample. It's the same blood or urine that was tested before, but they set aside a portion as "B" in case they need it. It will be run through a more rigorous lab test. If it's also positive, test A is validated and the players are suspended pending appeal (and the appeals process would not be completed before the game). If it's negative, the results of test A are overturned and the players are reinstated.

Dec 26, 2018, 1:17 AM

Red shirt for the TE, and the other is a senior, no problems there!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Giella is a junior

Dec 26, 2018, 1:28 AM

he has his senior year on the line

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Giella is a junior

Dec 26, 2018, 5:13 AM

Isn't a red shirt junior the same as a senior, I mean if not for the red shirt year, he would be a senior, right?

okay he is a senior with one year left of eligibility

Dec 26, 2018, 8:27 AM

he will not be able to play his graduate year (as a senior) if he is slapped with a 1 year suspension

Dec 26, 2018, 8:56 AM

It’s not as highly likely that a ‘sliver’ of Ostarine in your system will show up again on a Test B. Ostarine, MK2866, is a SARM with a half life of just under 24 hours. Assuming the Test A sample was tested two days before the Test B sample (Dec 24 vs Dec 26), the detectable level will be just 25% of the original sample amount, and depending on the detectable level could come out with a non-detectable reading.

If the presence of SARMs is the result of a false positive from other medications or supplements, Big Dex would be wise to request a more detailed analysis like a GC/MS or hair follicle test during his appeal to indicate that there’s been no habitual use or attempt to utilize SARMs to help with weight loss, lean muscle increases, bone density increases, or recovery. While this won’t get him back on the field this season, it would certainly help prevent this from impacting his draft stock.

I’m praying for all three players in hopes they will soon be vindicated from this issue and that the sports trainers and medical staff determine the cause of the results and work to prevent other members of the team to falling victim the NCAA testing process and subsequent avoidable negative publicity.

Dec 26, 2018, 9:03 AM

Your setting yourself for more disappointment. The B sample was taken at the same time as the A sample. And saying the drug will be out of your system within 24 hours, is saying he took the substance within 24 hours of being drug tested. Not trying to start an argument, just letting you know personally how the process works. It sucks, but there's next to no chance he wins an appeal.

Dec 26, 2018, 9:10 AM

The B Sample is taken at the same time at A sample, but testing of B Sample is only performed later if necessary. So further decay of substances will occur during that period consistently with half life. When Sample B is tested, it most certainly will have less substance to hit on and depending upon the original amount detected, could be below a detectable threshold.

The option of an appeal would only come later after the season ends and would only allow for him to regain eligibility or indicate to prospective NFL teams that his drug test was the result of flawed testing or inadvertant exposure.

Dec 26, 2018, 9:16 AM

Also the A sample is not always a full test as the B sample in some situations. I also assume that Dabo and Rad have tested others in case of contamination.

Dec 26, 2018, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: My understand if the test b ]

Isn't the half-life of a substance in the body related to how quickly the body filters the substance out? Once the blood or urine sample is in a jar, it's no longer running through the kidneys and liver and therefore I don't think the sample degrades at the same pace it would in the body.

Dec 26, 2018, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: My understand if the test b ]

LOL sorry to bust your bubble man and I feel what you're feeling...

But the substance doesn't just further reduce itself in a pee sample that's sitting in a container. It is reduced by the body continuing to eleminate the substnace through multiple urinations over the time between taking a first test and a second test. And unfortunately since these tests were taken at the same time, there's not chance of that helping.

The only thing that might help is if it was a true contamination from the container or lab technician testing test A OR..the only other thing that can help a LITTLE bit is where in the pee stream you caught A and B. Because some chemicals depending on molecuar weight will be more present at the start of urination as opposed to the end of the stream or vice versa..maybe TMI but just telling you since I once studied this trying to pass certain tests. Of course you can always do the old..carry a small plastic flask of clean urine with a hot hands rubber-banded to it to keep it at the perfect temp method... Although that's pretty much acknowledging you're a sneaky cheating dude though. And who knows, maybe these tests are like the olympics or PTI officers that actually stare at your gentials while you go and you can't use that method. Dunno who strict the NCAA testers are.

Dec 26, 2018, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: My understand if the test b ]

I've also said basically the same thing. If they really want to do the right thing even though it's more expensive, a hair follicle can tell what chemicals has been in his body for months past. And you're right, a trace amount would show on those types test because they are design to get past the BS, and they would show up if he had been on a regiment of Ostarine or any other roid or non roid. Trace can show up if it had been in a Pepsi from those cheap test, concentration is what is looked for when talking about a player using illegal substance. No concentration, then it ain't happening, they're not using or abusing!!!

Dec 26, 2018, 9:14 AM

Can the suspended year be considered as a redshirt year if they have one left?

Dec 26, 2018, 12:16 PM

In Galloway’s case the suspension year would become his red shirt season. Praying they can overcome this via appeal because he needs to play next year not sit out and regress.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic