Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My take on basketball attendance:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

My take on basketball attendance:

Mar 3, 2014, 1:52 PM

Has there ever been a more weak and self absorbed generation than the current "millennials". Seriously, these kids have grown up tethered to the internet and sitting on their couch. The only sports they play are highly regimented by their helicopter parents, to the point of not even being fun. They would rather blog about their emotions than support their university.

..but sniff, snif Drewtigeralum 1 pm is just too early for a Sunday game, you're hurting my fragile self esteem.

Son, you need to sack up, eat some greasy eggs, slam an energy drink and make it out of your luxury condo by 12:15.

but Drewtigeralum (with fists balled up) I can't drink at the basketball games, and that means no girls will want to talk to me.

Son, you can drink at basketball games, I did it all the time, you just have to not be a complete idiot and you have to be able to hold your zima, or whatever it is you kids drink these days.

Buutt Drewtigeralum (tears streaming down his cheeks) I can't tweeter like I want to tweeter during the game.

Listen here you little turd, no one cares about your life. Your "followers" can survive 2 hours without you updating them on the status of your emotions and how your feet keep falling asleep because your skinny jeans are too tight. YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL...NO ONE CARES YOU ####### NARCISSIST.

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm 44 and that's essentially what my Grandparents said

Mar 3, 2014, 1:54 PM

about my generation, except it was video games instead of the internet...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's getting worse

Mar 3, 2014, 1:57 PM

Just teaching high school over the last 7 years I can tell you that the kids are getting softer. I've never seen so many 15 year old just break down and cry in the middle of class before. It's crazy they spend more time at the guidance councilor than they do in class.

Re: It's getting worse

Mar 3, 2014, 2:39 PM

^^Makes high school boys cry. Not a nice dude.

Did you use video games as an excuse not to do stuff?***

Mar 3, 2014, 1:57 PM [ in reply to I'm 44 and that's essentially what my Grandparents said ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't bring my Dreamcast...well I'm not going then!***

Mar 3, 2014, 1:58 PM

Re: I'm 44 and that's essentially what my Grandparents said

Mar 4, 2014, 11:26 AM [ in reply to I'm 44 and that's essentially what my Grandparents said ]

At 62 I'm still an XBox junkie. And I am a Master Assassin!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But did you attend basketball games?

Mar 4, 2014, 11:36 AM

Please answer, THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Edward Zachary. A point for you, good sir!***

Mar 3, 2014, 1:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take on basketball attendance:

Mar 3, 2014, 1:56 PM

Yet again, nailed it. I regret that I only have 1 point to give.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take on basketball attendance: your last paragraph

Mar 3, 2014, 1:57 PM

is gold and should be given to all freshmen everywhere during orientation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tmatthk:

Mar 3, 2014, 2:02 PM

You are not special! You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake! You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else! We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world! We are all part of the same compost keep.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Point for you Drew

Mar 3, 2014, 2:08 PM

All of us Baby Boomers were thinking the same thing that you so eloquently put into words.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I'm a Gen X guy myself

Mar 3, 2014, 2:10 PM

I thought my generation had issues, but we were at least more seething and antisocial than soft and emotional.

Being born in '85, I'm just barely a Millennial

Mar 3, 2014, 2:32 PM

On the one hand, I hate that I'm part of the generation because of all the things you said. I'm not talking about hating the way we're seen so much as disliking the way other millennials actually fit that perception. On the other hand, I like being a millennial because I can be the exception. We're not all shallow and easily breakable or obsessed with social media.

Re: Point for you Drew

Mar 4, 2014, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Point for you Drew ]

Exactly, I pretty much think that same chit about today's kids myself. I also think that today's parents are so misinformed b/c all the TV shrinks like the Dr Phill's has filled their heads so full of BS on parenting they are screwing their kids up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a very general and basically immature statement

Mar 3, 2014, 2:15 PM

You're telling me Clemson student attendence at basketball games has always been great? no never a couple times in and there when we were going to the tournament a couple years in a row other than that it's always been stagnant. I sit on the front row at every game and have been going to games since i was a freshman in high school. now a student i don't miss any. Look form me on tv when your sitting on your couch tuesday.

Congratulations, you're obviously one of the very very few

Mar 3, 2014, 2:18 PM

students this post doesn't point at...

Jesus, you should be the one leading the charge to get more students at the game, not bashing the alumni that were in your exact shoes years ago.

Drewtigeralum03 lives in College Station, TX...of course he'll be watching from home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Here's where your logic fails...

Mar 3, 2014, 2:23 PM [ in reply to This is a very general and basically immature statement ]

If I were you, I'd be even more PO'd at the Clemson students than the alumni on this board are. You're putting in the time and effort, and you realize what sacrifices you make to get to every home game. If I were you I'd be the first one criticizing your fellow students because of that p!ss poor showing on Sunday

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

He wouldn't want to hurt their feelings

Mar 3, 2014, 2:55 PM

Plus, he might get kicked out of school for bullying if he said something bad about them.

You will probably be easy to pick out

Mar 3, 2014, 2:52 PM [ in reply to This is a very general and basically immature statement ]

Based on recent attendance.

It's this "everybody gets a trophy" society that

Mar 3, 2014, 2:21 PM

screwed these kids up. When we were kids you got a trophy for winning, not for coming in 5th place (sound familiar). You cared about playing hard and beating your friends because you kept score and if you finished with more points or runs than the other team, you won. But we had to start guarding against hurting their self esteem and ego.

Now these spoiled little egotistical brats have evolved into a group of college students who spend more time perfecting their bangs and picking out which pink bow tie to wear so they can snap chat it to their friends than they do going out and getting drunk on a Sunday morning so they can attend a Clemson basketball game and raise he!l.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Heck, My brother and I cared about beating each at HORSE,

Mar 3, 2014, 3:07 PM

much less all friends and kids in the neighborhood. You get a trophy if you win, MAYBE. If you don't win, you go get better. Enjoy what you are doing, because nobody else gives a crap what you are doing and the bulk don't give a rip how you feel!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder who raised those egotistical brats...***

Mar 3, 2014, 3:21 PM [ in reply to It's this "everybody gets a trophy" society that ]

Re: It's this "everybody gets a trophy" society that

Mar 4, 2014, 11:54 AM [ in reply to It's this "everybody gets a trophy" society that ]

But when you were a kid, you never heard about a school getting sued for bullying b/c yours or another team got the chit beat out of them. With my HS coaches, if we were to get a score run up on us. The next few weeks of practice would have been a living H&ll. But not today, if a kid isn't all in and his team gets beat badly. Their parents will sue the ones that beat their kids for bullying. My my what has our society become, pussssies!!! Don't even ask why Russia has done what they are doing now b/c, they see and know that Americans have become a country of none violet pussssies!!!

I didn't see a single football player

Mar 4, 2014, 12:25 PM

At the Maryland game this past Sunday. If Clemson football players were known for attending games, attendance will rise on that alone. But when DUKE came to town and all the football players and coaches HAD to be there, all the fans HAD to watch the football players scatter home as soon as they could after halftime. I mean that is duke and it was a tight game at halftime. It was a bad look. I also noticed 100-200 fans minimum left the Maryland game after the first OT. Really? In a rush to get to the baseball game is no excuse bc I stayed and saw first pitch.

I regret only having one thumbs up to give ya...

Mar 3, 2014, 2:23 PM

full schedule: http://www.raycomsports.com/theacc/matchCenters/publicAffiliates/482

NOTE: NO AUGUSTA AREA AFFILIATE (AGAIN!!!.) Thanks to whomever the ###### is who does not work hard enough to include a large metro area serving a huge chunk of SC and so now it will be blacked out because ESPN3 won't get the memo....

Re: I regret only having one thumbs up to give ya...

Mar 4, 2014, 12:13 PM

Ahhhh, ESECPN has been doing that with our games even if they are being played in NYC. ESECPN is a piece of chit!!! ESECPN will show a women BB game from out west some where in our viewing area. That has to be really good for their ratings with a dozen or so western people in the south tuning in to watch their home town of Wyoming women basketball team play. Go figure!!!

Mar 3, 2014, 2:25 PM

I know times have changed since I was in school but we never had Sunday afternoon basketball or baseball games back in the day and I can't remember having both at home on the same day ever.

I think it would be hard to expect students to go to two contests with Monday coming up. It always seemed I needed most of Sunday afternoon/evening to get prepared for Monday classes.

huh ... were you a nerd? Sunday was the best drinking

Mar 3, 2014, 2:49 PM

day in College ... in Charleston anyways. What was there to get prepared for on Monday?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dunno, Thursday was pretty rad from '04-09

Mar 3, 2014, 3:22 PM

A lot of us didn't have Friday classes.

This post was too long for me to read--I need it broken

Mar 3, 2014, 2:45 PM

down in 4-5 gifs

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Students are like

Mar 3, 2014, 3:05 PM

This on Sunday morning because the one girl they kind of liked tweeted that she like a different guy.

Other students are like this

Mar 3, 2014, 3:11 PM

because they are raging D-Bags who don't like sports.

Whoa, that guy is a giant ########

Mar 3, 2014, 3:21 PM

Emphasis on giant

Because the picture is giant

Get it?

Giant

Re: This post was too long for me to read--I need it broken***

Mar 3, 2014, 3:07 PM [ in reply to This post was too long for me to read--I need it broken ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is awesome

Mar 3, 2014, 3:22 PM

well said. point!

Mar 3, 2014, 3:24 PM

null

Some of the excuses are lame, but....

Mar 3, 2014, 4:49 PM

Before I get to deep, I will say that I went to like 95% of all the basketball games as a student!. I even went to the bad ones against Marathon Oil (expo game), and the games against the So-Con teams during Christmas Break (and I lived 2 hours away from campus).

That said, the studying thing is no joke. 16 years ago, when I was an out of state student, tuition was about $5~6k a semester. All together my family was shelling out about $15k for me to go to school a year. Which was a great expense. Today, the cost for in state students I believe is even higher than that. The only way to keep costs down is to keep the state scholarship money, and that requires a minimum 3.0. And if you are in a challenging major that takes work.

Now I was an engineering major and I struggled just to graduate. I don't think more studying would have necessarily helped me get a 3.0. But I believe if you ask most students the reason they spend so much time studying is because they just cant afford to loose the scholarship money. And I can appreciate that. As a parent who is currently trying to save as much money as possible to help pay for my kids college education, I know that state scholarship money will become very important.

I want my kids to have a great college experience. But they also have to understand that we have to pay for that experience some how. So If my kid tells me that he has to study and miss a game then that is ok with me. As long as they are studying!!!!

That said, I don't want to hear any crying about early this, or I was to drunk to get up, etc. That is lame! Get to the game and cheer your team on!

Go Tigers
LNT

Mar 3, 2014, 5:00 PM

I agree basketball attendance among students is a problem, but the generation you described is not my generation. Don't form conclusions based on one kid.

Did I hurt your feelings?

Mar 3, 2014, 5:10 PM

Are you going to blog about it? Seriously, this is your generation. Maybe you are the exception.

Re: Did I hurt your feelings?

Mar 3, 2014, 7:22 PM

You're making fun of bloggers on a message board.

Excuse me sir in case you haven't heard in my other thread

Mar 3, 2014, 8:08 PM

I have an English degree. So yes, the irony is not lost on me. I reserver the right to be a hypocrite.

HARUMPH, HARUMPH, HARUMPH!!!!!!!!!

Mar 3, 2014, 7:59 PM

Well said, sir. A splendid indictment of this generation.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hardly use twitter

Mar 3, 2014, 8:15 PM

nor do I play video games, and I don't go out every night looking to get smashed.

Drewtiger, I realize that you are too self absorbed into this to understand what I'm saying but I'll try anyhow, you do realize that some people literally have BETTER THINGS to do than go to a game on a given night. The reasons may vary, but your narrow minded view of what college students do will not allow you too see through it.

If you went to every game when you were a student good for you, I wish every student would do the same but not everyone has the same interests. Do you realize this? Not everyone "is constantly on twitter and playing call of duty", so why do you keep trying to bunch up the entire student body as such?

Get a life my man, you literally have been posting about this non-stop, do you have NOTHING BETTER to do in Texas than to keep clogging up this board with your mindless ######## about our student body?

I WILL be at the game tomorrow night, so don't try to turn this on me, but if someone else has something else to do it doesn't bother me, why does it constantly bother you?

Waaahhhhhhhhhhh...

Mar 3, 2014, 8:18 PM

That's all I heard in your post.

The fact you don't see this is a problem is rather telling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see it as a problem, do you not?

Mar 3, 2014, 8:24 PM

I just realize that its the athletic departments job to promote the games, and unfortunately outside of one sign put up next to the library bridge nothing is done to help it. Like I said I go to the games when I can, and don't care why nobody else does.

Man soccer, it's a sad state of affairs

Mar 3, 2014, 8:37 PM

Maybe if the athletic department told him there was a game. Maybe wrote him a love letter or texted him a selfie he could figure out when the games are.

Deer aclemfan48, I know it's difficult to find the basketball schedule, because we do our best to hide it on the internet. If it wouldn't be too much trouble for you and some of your bro's, we would really appreciate if you could come out and support your school. We know this might be an inconvenience for you, and we sincerely apologize in advance for having a basketball team. We love you bro.

Signed,
Clemson Basketball

Is that warm and feely enough for you?

So...you need to make up your mind...

Mar 3, 2014, 9:07 PM [ in reply to I see it as a problem, do you not? ]

Aclemfan, your two arguments can be summed up like this:

1) It not a problem if peoples don't come because they have really important things going on and deep feels about other stuff

2) It's a problem that peoples don't come, but it's not their faults because it wasn't on tweets (which I don't use, but some peoples do and their feels are very important)

Re: So...you need to make up your mind...

Mar 3, 2014, 9:26 PM

why is twitter being brought up again? These are the unwarranted beliefs you have about students for no reason, and none of you will understand where I'm trying to come from with this. Hope you enjoy whining on here about it until the season is over, get over it

Re: So...you need to make up your mind...

Mar 3, 2014, 9:30 PM

Wow you are pathetic the Clemson student body is sad now a days

null

That's cute you think Twitter doesn't matter and

Mar 3, 2014, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: So...you need to make up your mind... ]

doesn't represent the fanbase.

Tanner Smith (remember him?), Brian Narcisse (remember him?), Jordan Roper, and Jaron Blossomgame have all tweeted about the #### poor student attendance.

Brownell politely skated the comment, but was sure to mention that the paid seats have been strong all year.

Bro, just going to let you know, you just got served

Mar 3, 2014, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: So...you need to make up your mind... ]

By a pregnant chick. Also, you are an excellent representation of my original post. I would say almost to the point of being a caricature. Maybe you're just trolling all of us.

you may want to stay home tomorrow...

Mar 3, 2014, 10:10 PM [ in reply to I see it as a problem, do you not? ]

and work on your grammar

and don't care why nobody else does.

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic