Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Help a Clemson grad student save tigers!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Help a Clemson grad student save tigers!

Apr 2, 2019, 8:05 PM

Hello TigerNet! My name is Louise and I'm a graduate student at Clemson. As you know, the tiger is an important symbol for Clemson, but globally, tigers are in danger. My thesis is examining a number of variables including decision-making processes that may or may not influence global tiger conservation.

I'm recruiting participants from online forums in order to collect responses from both students/faculty/staff and fans of Clemson. This research has the potential to positively impact tiger conservation efforts around the world and I'd really appreciate if you would be willing to take my survey. It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes, and you have the option to be entered in a drawing for a $100 Amazon gift card.

Feel free to DM me with any questions, but all responses are anonymous.

To take the survey, please follow this link: https://clemson.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1RFgfXrVjuaJxv7

Thank you in advance, and go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Help a Clemson grad student save tigers!

Apr 2, 2019, 10:21 PM

Done. I encourage all Tnetters to take a moment to take the survey. I didn't time it, but it felt like much less than 15 min.

Good luck with your research into an important issue.

Apr 3, 2019, 1:50 PM

Thank you so much for your participation and encouragement. The Clemson family is a special one. Go Tigers!

My sister took a trip to India with Tigers 4 Tigers

Apr 2, 2019, 10:56 PM

While she was at Clemson. Great cause

Re: My sister took a trip to India with Tigers 4 Tigers

Apr 3, 2019, 1:50 PM

I'm jealous! India is next on my bucket list!

Survey taken . . .

Apr 2, 2019, 11:29 PM

between 10-15 minutes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2019, 2:51 AM

Done! Good luck with your research!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2019, 1:49 PM

thank you so much!

Apr 3, 2019, 2:59 AM

Also thanks for raising my awareness of the issue. After I took the survey I googled many of the answers out of curiosity. Was shocked to learn how many are left and their dramatic decline.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2019, 1:49 PM

You're welcome and I'm so glad I was able to pique your interest in tiger conservation! Thank you for participating!

Apr 3, 2019, 8:20 AM

BTW, any chance after it's all said and done you can come back with a link to your completed project ?

Apr 3, 2019, 1:48 PM

Absolutely. I'm hoping this research is published, so I can link to that as well as any other materials that may be available online. Thank you for your interest!!!

that would be cool***

Apr 5, 2019, 1:37 PM

Apr 3, 2019, 6:19 PM

The statement that is used as the subject of the reader's opinion query on effectiveness of message does not allow the reader to go back to the statement in order to give a satisfactory opinion that is properly correlated with the statement.

I tried opening a second browser page to have the statement available when answering the effectiveness questions, but the original page stated that I had already filled out the survey, because the first time I tried to access the statement on the second browser page, I cycled all the way through to the end without stopping on the statement.

If the statement effectiveness is the real question you are trying to answer (and it seems to me that it is), you have some work to do to get true (and effective/useful) answers.

As a suggestion, perhaps you could put the statement on the same page as the questions as to its effectiveness..... or provide a "back" button for the reader to use in order to review the statement before providing an answer.

^^this^^

Apr 3, 2019, 6:33 PM

I scanned the statement, thinking it was a wrap up of the survey. I then could not go back to it to re read and/or reference it

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done...Neat Survey***

Apr 3, 2019, 8:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done***

Apr 4, 2019, 12:13 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic