Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My how times have changed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

My how times have changed

Apr 29, 2019, 6:42 PM

I graduated Clemson in the summer of 1993. That means that the 1992 season was my senior season as a student.

In 1992 FSU entered the ACC and took it over from the start. I remember Charlie Ward breaking our hearts (and the team's spirit for the year) with 2 minutes left in a VERY loud Death Valley, and they never looked back. That started a decade of futility for our Tigers. Especially when it came to FSU. We didn't score a single touchdown in Tallahassee the entire decade.

Today the shoe is on the other foot. To the tune of the 59 points scored this past year is more than we scored in Tally in all games played there In the 80s and 90s combined.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My how times have changed

Apr 29, 2019, 7:06 PM

that era when FSU first came in to ACC annoyed me. We were too busy w our stupid infighting about Danny and gave control of the conference to FSU. FSU was great but much of that was due to our fractured fan base. Now it has turned. We may not be this good every year but we need to never ever repeat thAT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 7:07 PM

Please, continue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 7:14 PM

We went 3-8 my sophomore year in 98. I refused to leave the Virginia tech game till we scored. We never did. 37-0. Now we have pounded them 5 straight. Never thought I’d see that. Especially after the nationally televised 2007 debacle.

Apr 29, 2019, 7:16 PM

Mike Vick. I too stayed and gutted it out. Terrible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

for some reason I don't think he qbd in

Apr 29, 2019, 8:55 PM

That game. Some guy like drunkenmiller did and it could have been a hs qb and it would have been the same

Apr 29, 2019, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: My how times have changed ]

Mike Vick was the 1999 and 2000 season beatings. 98 was Al Clark. Not sure he threw a pass that day.

i graduated in the spring of '82, yeah i'm old, that means

Apr 29, 2019, 8:44 PM

the 1981 championship season was my senior year. things have come full circle! :)

Apr 29, 2019, 10:27 PM

Please. I was a student 70-73 and 75-76 seasons, best one being 5-6. I did my share of suffering and missed only a very few home games due to work and endured road loses at Tuscaloosa 56-0 and Columbia at 56-20. I saw Duke hit a 57-yard FG at the horn that bounced off and over the crossbar to tie the game. You don’t think for a minute I’m not LOVING what we have now??!!

Apr 29, 2019, 10:56 PM

the chopping wood and chant became the most loathsome sound ever. I still hate it.

Apr 30, 2019, 12:33 AM

Speaking of win streaks over an opponent, check out CLEMSON with 29 consecutive wins against UVA.

https://www.streakingthelawn.com/football/2015/9/8/9269367/virginia-cavaliers-clemson-tigers-1990-college-football-first-win-streak

My memory is bad, but I think I was at that game.

Apr 30, 2019, 12:38 AM

Nope - I was not at that game. I was at one of the final wins, but I left early thinking we had lost, but we came back in the final minutes and won while I was walking to the parking lot. I heard the cheers, and wanted to run back in. LOL

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic