Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My hopes for the CFP would be this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

My hopes for the CFP would be this

Nov 7, 2018, 2:26 PM

Granted, this CFP scenario is a complete pipe dream(spots 3 & 4) but it COULD happen :

1. Clemson (Win out)
2. Notre Dame (Win out)
3. Georgia (Beats Bama in CFP, Bama also loses to Auburn week before)
4. West Virginia (beat Oklahoma, win Big12)

Highly unlikely but this give us some great opportunities to wreak havoc on some previous opponents we owe an butt whipping, actually all 3 are on the beat-down list.

Play WV in semifinal and put the game out of reach by half-time, 31-7, and go on to win 48-21 playing nearly entire team that makes the trip!!

Final against either Georgia/Notre Dame, will begin with Georgia win scenario :

Clemson forces Georgia to throw the ball, BV schemes to take away that run attack... Fromm does decent for a while and still decent game at half but Georgia has no answer for rush attack, ETN scores 2 first half rush TD's on way to 24-13 lead. Lawrence connects with Higgins for 2 second half TD's and Tigers pull away for National Championship 41-20!!

Notre Dame beats Georgia :

Clemson comes out much like they did with Notre Dame in 2015 and makes the Irish wish they had lost and never made it to Championship. Clemson opens up a 1st quarter lead 21-0, and cruises to half time up 38-7. 2nd half is nothing but celebration as Clemson finishes off ND with 52-14 win. Champions!!

Go Tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My hopes for the CFP would be this

Nov 7, 2018, 2:29 PM

Would love to see Clemson Georgia final

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2018, 5:12 PM

That would be my favorite choice as well, Clemson and Georgia for Championship. Very far fetched scenario I put up there but why not dream a little.

It's still way too soon

Nov 7, 2018, 2:37 PM

to play WVU in the Orange Bowl. That would definitely trigger my PTSD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: It's still way too soon

Nov 7, 2018, 3:58 PM

You'd forget about it by mid-1st Quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's still way too soon

Nov 7, 2018, 5:20 PM [ in reply to It's still way too soon ]

I understand that feeling, but we need that memory erased and what better time. West Virginia may not make it back and Clemson is an annual pilgrimage to Championship football.

Never too soon to repay a debt owed!!!!! But you may want to wait until after the 1st quarter, by which time Clemson would have the game in hand lol

Nov 7, 2018, 2:42 PM

The issue is I don't see UGA as being that good. If they somehow do end up beating Bama (HAHA) they will struggle against ND and be destroyed by us. I'm not convinced that UGA will beat Auburn this week or GT 2 weeks from now. GT has been playing better the last couple of weeks. The way their offense will play keep away from UGA's offense will keep thee game close. I could see a fairly high scoring game but it would take just one stop by GT's defense to put the game out of reach. Auburn has a pretty nasty defense and could end up shutting down UGA's offense. The issue is Auburn's offense is so up and down that it could end up being a 9-6 game. Not because UGA's defense is good but Auburn's offense is bad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may be wrong for the first time ever, but I don't think

Nov 7, 2018, 2:44 PM

GT is going to put up any amount of fight against the UGAys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I may be wrong for the first time ever, but I don't think

Nov 7, 2018, 5:22 PM

I agree, GT will not offer much resistance IMO. Then again if that option attack gets going early, they could hang an L beside the Dawgs name, we shall see!!

Nov 7, 2018, 2:42 PM

Interesting scenario... Not one team west of The Mississippi...Half the country who would turn off the TV and say BS...ESPN would have a nuclear meltdown.... I like it!!...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2018, 5:18 PM

That is the spirit, West of the Mississippi has no place in any football discussion in 2018 Championship drive.

Nov 7, 2018, 2:46 PM

I want to be #2 entering the playoff... and just win against everyone.

No 1 seed has won the whole thing. (Bama has lost twice as #1 and Clemson has lost twice as #1). Only the #2 and #4 seed has won the whole thing.

Nov 7, 2018, 5:17 PM

Hey, Tigers can make history as the first # 1 seed to win it all... Go Tigers!!

Nov 7, 2018, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: My hopes for the CFP would be this ]

Agreed with #2 being a better seed. I think Clemson at this point in the year is playing the best ball and would love for you to be #1. I don't see that happening as everyone is in the tank for Bama, even with all our weaknesses (and we have a bunch)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2018, 5:25 PM

I do not in any way anticipate Alabama losing and not making the CFP. As long as it is top 4, all will work itself out and that is the ultimate goal is to be a top 4 team and have a chance.

Just a scenario that "possibly could happen" even though I see it about as likely as hell freezing over lol

Some far-fetched scenarios there!!***

Nov 7, 2018, 2:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some far-fetched scenarios there!!***

Nov 7, 2018, 3:02 PM

Would love it, but........

Re: Some far-fetched scenarios there!!***

Nov 7, 2018, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Some far-fetched scenarios there!!*** ]

Yes, Extreme scenarios!!! But I would like to see it happen.

Nov 7, 2018, 3:41 PM

It doesn't count unless you beat Alabama

Nov 7, 2018, 5:15 PM

I get it, that scenario has about as much chance as happening as Donald Trump not blasting some idjit reporter from CNN at a press conference lol...

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic