Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson makes front page of Drudge Report for PEDS -Sapakoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Clemson makes front page of Drudge Report for PEDS -Sapakoff

Jan 28, 2019, 5:49 PM

Thanks to this trash journalism of Gary Sapakoff, Clemson has a headline on the Drudge Report.

One of the world's most popular sites. It's on the right column.

https://www.drudgereport.com/

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson makes front page of Drudge Report for PEDS -Sapakoff

Jan 28, 2019, 5:55 PM

Whenever someone/something reaches the top, the strategy is to tear them down. Nothing new.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2019, 5:56 PM

Yes, I saw it earlier today. Drudge usually isn't this bad about misleading headlines, but in this case, he's way off base. The story calculates the 15% of those tested (less than team total) and extrapolates that % to the entire team. That is fake news in spades.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2019, 5:59 PM

I should correct my statement The story explains the number of players tested and calculates the % of those tested at 15%..... fair enough. It is the Drudge headline that is fake news by using the 15% calculation and applying it to the entire team.

Jan 28, 2019, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson makes front page of Drudge Report for PEDS -Sapakoff ]

Gene Sapakoff is an SEC homer and is the Sports Editor for the Post and Courier which happens to be the 2nd biggest coot paper in S.C. next to The State. I thought he had improved his image by being less biased but he proved me wrong. He is usually wrong on most things he writes about. He hires way more coot people than any other in the sports dept. Korncoot even runs a weekly so called recruiting update in this fish wrap of a newspaper. Not worth the paper its written on. Much like The State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of these articles and interviews leave out TRACE!***

Jan 28, 2019, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson makes front page of Drudge Report for PEDS -Sapakoff ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2019, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson makes front page of Drudge Report for PEDS -Sapakoff ]

Nope. He is the absolute master of misleading headlines. That is his stock in trade. Leave the politics out.

Sapakoff mollests Collies***

Jan 28, 2019, 6:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 28, 2019, 6:04 PM

Who cares what he wrote beside OSU and U of SC?

Not surprising that they leave out Dex’s full quote

Jan 28, 2019, 6:11 PM

you know the part where he said they get tested all the time and he would not do anything selfish to hurt the team. The thing is that if this is some major issue at Clemson then why haven’t they been testing positive all along? Trust me I want to know the truth and get to the bottom of this but I do not believe that it raises “ serious questions about Clemson’s program” like Korncoot said and these other jackleg journalists insinuate.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not surprising that they leave out Dex’s full quote

Jan 28, 2019, 6:13 PM

Still wondering what Alabama’s players were suspended for.....

The headline on Drudge is stupid, but

Jan 28, 2019, 6:15 PM

there is nothing wrong with that article.

Three people tested positive for a banned drug. Has anyone considered that the players may be guilty?

What would many on here be saying if it was UGA, Bama, or SC players. Many would be calling for all to be tested.

I hope and pray the players are exonerated but feel that's like finding a needle in a hay stack. Here's to hoping they find that needle. Maybe they already have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess is that you have considered them to be guilty

Jan 28, 2019, 6:19 PM

Dabo, the team, and most of us...not so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My guess is that you have considered them to be guilty

Jan 28, 2019, 6:56 PM

I agree with josephg in that I don't find the P&C article to be a hatchet job on Clemson. It does cast a skeptic eye, but in this day and age I can see why.

The Drudge headline is ridiculous and much more corrosive than anything in the P&C story.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My guess is that you have considered them to be guilty

Jan 28, 2019, 7:16 PM

Surely people who read Drudge realize his headlines are mostly sensationalism designed to generate traffic - similar to the noise on TV and talk radio.

Crump is guilty of it at times also.***

Jan 28, 2019, 7:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, I think there’s a possibility they may be guilty.

Jan 28, 2019, 7:00 PM [ in reply to My guess is that you have considered them to be guilty ]

I’m sure there are tens of thousands of sane Clemson fans who have considered that possibility also.

The headline isn't stupid, it's a lie.***

Jan 28, 2019, 8:39 PM [ in reply to The headline on Drudge is stupid, but ]

Hope Clemson finds the source soon.

Jan 28, 2019, 6:23 PM

But it may not ever be found. Regardless, I believe Dex when he says he would not do anything that selfish. If they don't find the source, I will worry there could be more positives in the future. Only because if Dex and the 2 other guys did not take anything, where did it come from?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heading is a LIE & Totally Misleading!!

Jan 28, 2019, 6:36 PM

It states 15% of TEAM..which is NOT the truth.

Rather, it should have read about 3% of total team of approx 110 players..

or 3 players of 15-20 tested.

Geez!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heading is a LIE & Totally Misleading!!

Jan 28, 2019, 6:39 PM

Agree completely. The headline is completely misleading and quite frankly just ignorant.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But it drew eyeballs to the website...

Jan 28, 2019, 7:01 PM

Mission accomplished. If readers can't comprehend and evaluate accordingly, so be it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope Clemson finds the source soon.

Jan 28, 2019, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Hope Clemson finds the source soon. ]

I agree, TennLady Tiger, that I would like to know where it came from because, if we don’t know where it came from, how do we make sure it doesn’t happen again. I know Big Dex and do not believe he took PED’s knowingly. He has been a model student-athlete! I do not know the other two young men, but Dabo would not have allowed these 3 players to travel and be on the sidelines if he thought for one minute that they were doping. Dabo’s belief in their innocence is good enough for me!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

looks like these writers are model students of

Jan 28, 2019, 7:14 PM

Todd Ellis' Coot math Class.

Free site w/ Heavy Traffic=Tigernet

Jan 28, 2019, 7:29 PM

Matt Drudge thanks you; you just helped spread the misinformation to God knows how many CFB fans, prospects, etc. and during primetime; and you gave it legs. Are your initials G S?

The headline is totally misleading...

Jan 28, 2019, 7:31 PM

and frankly categorically false.

The writer is either unbelievably stupid, completely uninformed, simply has his head stuck-up his own a$$, or some combination of the three.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Hate to point this out but..

Jan 28, 2019, 8:33 PM

although I have Matt Drudge's site bookmarked(it's my right wing go to, like BuzzFeed is my left wing go to) and use articles from it and BuzzFeed for news comparison(find something on Drudge, then an article about the same thing on BuzzFeed, read both, where they match up are the facts, where they differ is right wing bias on Drudge and left wing bias on BuzzFeed), Drudge is not one of the world's most popular websites. Last time I checked it wasn't even in the top 100 for the US users. Odds are that it will not draw as much traffic there as you think.

It took me 4 minutes to find the story, and you told me...

Jan 28, 2019, 8:49 PM

where it was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: SAPAKOFF makes front page of Drudge Report for PEDS -Sapakoff

Jan 28, 2019, 8:51 PM

Dear ol' Gene can cross one off his bucket list.

You should have posted a link or brought it here.

Jan 28, 2019, 8:58 PM

I'm not giving that askhole a click. I recommend everyone else who reads this follows suit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can submit news stories at the bottom

Jan 28, 2019, 9:15 PM

President Trump calls CLEMSON best football team EVER.

https://www.wltx.com/article/sports/ncaa/clemson-tigers/president-trump-calls-clemson-national-title-an-inspiration-for-our-country/101-0ce26e83-28bb-4060-afa8-28de6802b7f7

What's Sapakoff's alma mater?

Jan 28, 2019, 9:50 PM

nm

Re: What's Sapakoff's alma mater?

Jan 28, 2019, 11:16 PM

His own asz...

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive