Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Out of the Mouths of Children . . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Out of the Mouths of Children . . . .

May 3, 2019, 7:35 PM

come some of the most profound, unexpected, most unusual and most descriptive words one could imagine. Often times these words come from our children grandchildren or even someone we may not know. But for most of us, it is from someone near and dear. The following three short stories are from my grandchildren.

A little explanation will set the stage for each one. I am known to my grands and great grands as Papa Joe. Even friends of my daughters call me Papa Joe. As a family we have always been a happy and fun loving group and it has often been said. "Papa Joe is a Monkey". When my oldest grandson was about four or five years old, his family took him to the zoo in Columbia and, of course, they took many photos. Later on, my grandson was showing me the photos. He came to a photo of a monkey and said, "Papa Joe, this is a picture of a monkey", and then he hurriedly said, "but it's not you".

My granddaughter was visiting my wife and I. She was about four years old at that time. I was sitting in my easy chair preparing to take my medication. My granddaughter came over and jumped in my lap. I showed her a pill and told her it was supposed to make me handsome I looked at her and asked if the pills were working. She looked at me squarely in the face and responded, "yes, Papa Joe". I said to her, "I bet when you grow up you will be a lawyer". And she is !!!

The youngest grandson visited with my wife and I quite a bit when he was about four or five. I was already retired and playing golf three days each week. I would take him to the golf course and he would ride along in the cart and enjoy the company of my golfing buddies. My wife and I had joined them for Thanksgiving at their home and late that afternoon we were preparing to return to Clemson, My grandson asked us to spend the night. I told him I had to go home because I have to go to work tomorrow. He looked up at me and asked, "Playing golf"?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Out of the Mouths of Children . . . .

May 3, 2019, 7:45 PM

That’s great stuff Joe. Makes me think of the ole Family Circus cartoons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My grandson must be a distant relative of Spud

May 4, 2019, 9:16 AM

When he was about 4 we took him fishing at the park. Just as we got there The clouds came in and the wind picked up putting the wind chill around 40 degrees. We just had light weight jackets on, but since we had come the 5 miles to the park we went out on the jetty and he "cast" his line out to the west side into the wind. After about 10 minutes I suggested trying the east side so our back would be to the wind. He insisted on staying to the west. After about 10 more minutes I asked if he was getting cold. He said "A little bit, but a fisherman has got to do what a fisherman has got to do." My wife and I just barely contained our laughter and about 10 minutes later he was cold enough to go home.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic