Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What the Hale is going on here in SC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

What the Hale is going on here in SC?

Sep 16, 2019, 10:43 AM

SC is becoming a greener state, and I know it probably pisses a lot of you off, lol.

Dem SC Rep successfully maneuvers off-shore drilling bill through the House, with big splashy announcement backed by Republican Gov. Mcmaster, and local Republican mayors.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article234963252.html

Orangeburg County becomes state-wide leader in solar energy, with half of a billion dollars of private investment in solar farms.

https://thetandd.com/news/local/orangeburg-county-solar-capital-of-s-c-bowman-facility-largest/article_c0bfd996-3ac3-5f0d-a938-632028896cc9.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Incredible Post & Courier series on the Santee Delta

https://data.postandcourier.com/saga/our-secret-delta/page/1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What the Hale is going on here in SC?

Sep 16, 2019, 10:56 AM

Good grief, if cost per Kilowatt hour are comparable why would that #### off anyone? Typical lib assuming anything green pisses off conservatives. Now double electric bills and we are now comparing apples to anvils.

conservative politicians are usually elected because

Sep 16, 2019, 9:43 PM

they are legitimate environmentalists? Do I have that right?

What is funny is that some of them have seen the light and seem to be headed in that direction. Actually Sen. Graham is on it like a cheap suit.

https://thinkprogress.org/republicans-green-new-deal-climate-lindsey-graham-27033d71d2f4/

Re: conservative politicians are usually elected because

Sep 16, 2019, 10:05 PM

You said us guys and being one of them that is my opinion.You ,living in a lib echo chamber have much to learn. Do we believe in wreaking the economy or paying 3x current costs, why no we do not. Thing is if it cost roughly the same it is fine. Already explained offshore oil is dead due to shale being far less costly to produce so who cares whether they ban something that was not going to occur.

My goodness. Republicans really do sit in their mansions twirling

Sep 17, 2019, 10:57 AM [ in reply to conservative politicians are usually elected because ]

their mustaches, sipping on expensive liquor and devising ways to “get that pesky environment!” in your mind. That’s actually pretty funny.

null

Sep 16, 2019, 10:57 AM

The new conservatives want to conserve natural resources . Solar, beaches for tourism etc need to be saved.
No drilling off our coast.

I'd like some oil platforms to fish under

Sep 16, 2019, 11:52 AM

drill baby

Sep 16, 2019, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: What the Hale is going on here in SC? ]

Not sure about that in truth but I do know of a field off the coast of California that was drilled and tested in 1981 that geologists said would prove to bigger than Prudhoe Bay in Alaska. It sits capped to this day due to evironmental issues along with leftist policies.

Like I said shale is far cheaper per barrel in costs today so it makes no sense to drill offshore currently so it may be more of a mirage really.

Sep 16, 2019, 11:57 AM

Offshore drilling stocks are in the toilet swirling the bowl currently.

Conservative also conserve energy and appreciate...

Sep 16, 2019, 12:20 PM

programs which can help with clean air and water. You act like we want to see the earth die. That's just wrong on so many levels.

Making your political opposition evil to justify your hate is not healthy for your mind. Hate doesn't discriminate. It's like cancer, it will eat at your core. I hope you end this practice before it eats away too much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell your buddy Rep Jeff Duncan

Sep 16, 2019, 9:30 PM

he wants to drill everywhere and could obviously care less about what the people who live on the coast think. Ask yourself why that is. Maybe it is because he will be up in the hills collecting his check from KBR.

By the way, not a single Republican representative from SC voted in favor of the bill, so I commend the Governor for taking a stand in stark contrast to the more partisan members of his party who were voted into office by many of us here, including Rep. Duncan.

https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/TheBattery/archives/2019/09/12/cunninghams-offshore-drilling-ban-passes-with-zero-votes-from-sc-republicans

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic