Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My email to Gene Sapakoff & Grace and his reply
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

My email to Gene Sapakoff & Grace and his reply

Feb 10, 2019, 11:29 AM

My email to Gene and Grace (both wrote the article):
Good morning,

In your recent article about Clemson failed Drug test your headlines is:

"Clemson’s Dabo Swinney says college may have given players banned drug by mistake"

Headlines should reflect the entire content of the article. The article went on to discuss the many various ways the banned substance could have been introduced into the three player’s system. One of those ways was by Clemson mistakenly approving something that was made elsewhere which could have been contaminated at the manufacturing facility. The article itself is informative but the headline is very misleading. Do you select the headlines or does someone else do it? Your headline represent about 5% of the story. IF someone else selected the headline please forward this email to them.

Your headline should have been:

“Clemson still trying to identify source of the banned substance”.

This headline represented the entire article. Attaching misleading headlines is viewed by the reader as an attempt to create a story or click bait which both of you are above. You are reporting the news and not creating it. You both are too good a reporter to sensationalize headlines. I look forward too your reply.

Sincerely,
Richard

Below is is reply which makes no sense at all.
His reply:
Thanks, but we can’t have a headline including everything; always hard for editors to condense

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My email to Gene Sapakoff & Grace and his reply

Feb 10, 2019, 11:32 AM

That’s funny because your title was shorter. ?????? these dang coots down here in Charleston are so butt hurt with Clemson’s success they throw shade any chance they can.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2019, 11:33 AM

BTW, his reply was nonsense. My headline was much better than theirs. Mine was more concise and accurate. Theirs was misleading and he did not really address my point at all.

Feb 10, 2019, 11:43 AM

I have e-mailed Sapakoff numerous times also. His answers are always the same. One or two sentences that do not address the problem. The Post and Courier is in the same league as The State. They both pump out fake news to denigrate their opponents and promote their favorites. The Post and Courier has not had a good Sports Director in a long time. No wonder newspapers are dying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Papers like P&C and The State are failing

Feb 10, 2019, 7:35 PM

Ignoring an article is a much more effective...

Feb 10, 2019, 11:37 AM

way of sending a message. Writers thrive off of feedback, negative and positive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

correct answer ^^^***

Feb 10, 2019, 11:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

^^ Winner winner cooked yardbird dinner***

Feb 10, 2019, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Ignoring an article is a much more effective... ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are affected by negative feedback esp. a lot, however

Feb 10, 2019, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Ignoring an article is a much more effective... ]

these writers are getting paid by the word, and their words are unfortunately being spread all over because of Clemson's fame. I am a retired journalist, and say email them a lot, the more the merrier, as critical mass will eventually cause them to quit and eventually apologize to keep their facility-issued press passes.

The headline was intentional. It’s design is to draw clicks

Feb 10, 2019, 4:06 PM

and sell papers. They hope and pray that folks get worked up over it, complain to others on message boards about it, and drive even more people to read the article. They aren’t going to apologize because some people think a headline could have been better, they’re going to take the click numbers to their advertisers so they can make more money. Complain all you like, but if I were a paper, I’d be loving this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Tried to ignore this ^^^ but coodnt

Feb 10, 2019, 4:23 PM

If I were the paper I would not be lovingit. Well, I wood be lovingit but I wouldn’t be loving it.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Ooops! Your house Buddies will read the wrong thing.....

Feb 10, 2019, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Ignoring an article is a much more effective... ]

. . . into your logic :>)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His reply was a dodge and a lame excuse; and basically

Feb 10, 2019, 11:40 AM

an "F U".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Feb 10, 2019, 11:50 AM

Richard, you spent more time on that email than I ever remember you spending on an English assignment when we were at Clemson!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2019, 5:01 PM

Guilty

Feb 10, 2019, 11:55 AM

The P&C is totally infested with Scar grads ... don’t expect any different...,,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Feb 10, 2019, 12:02 PM

The cards are stacked since UofSuC has a journalism major and Clemson does not which explains the majority of reporters being from the dark side.

Message was edited by: Tiger68®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was going to say that it was impressive that he responded

Feb 10, 2019, 12:44 PM

until I actually read the reply. What a tool.

Feb 10, 2019, 1:24 PM

The only error in yours is when you tell them they are too good of reporters and above that type junk.Gene is known for that ,but I had hoped for Grace however she seems over board also

Feb 10, 2019, 1:48 PM

I sent an email to Sapakoff a couple years ago telling him that he should give serious thought to the fact that he might be at least competent in another line of work. I didn't get a response.

The subheadline was worse: "Suspended players may have

Feb 10, 2019, 1:45 PM

ingested ostarine in Clemson-issued supplements" then later on they said they emailed Clemson on what substances are issued and who is responsible for issuing them. They complained that Clemson had not anwwered the email. They are media prostitues making money off of Clemson fame.

Feb 10, 2019, 1:46 PM

Your email message was way beyond the level of civility one would expect in response to the article. Just imagine the response from him if you had been rude? He would have probably responded, "Go to Columbia" which would be synonoymous with the other term we use but gets bleeped on this site.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2019, 2:05 PM

Very well put and dead on. The headline was poor while the article itself was not. Unfortunately their answer was lame and failed to address your, and my, concern.

Feb 10, 2019, 4:20 PM

His response is ridiculous. I noticed that Yahoo and ESPN ran his article but changed the headline to more accurately reflect the content. If an editor is not able to do that, they should not be an editor. Its that simple. They clearly knew what they were doing.

Feb 10, 2019, 4:42 PM

Let it go!!

Feb 10, 2019, 4:56 PM

Remember this Post and State papers have one thing in common. Charming. Wipe or clean fish with them

Journalists are usually not too swuft with the maths.***

Feb 10, 2019, 5:20 PM

Feb 10, 2019, 7:56 PM

Why was your email anything other than this?

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic