Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My dog - 2, Dog beds 0
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

My dog - 2, Dog beds 0

Aug 5, 2015, 9:10 AM

Anyone ever have issues with their dog wrecking havoc on the cushion/dog bed in the crate? I put a lot of chew toys (including a Kong with a few dog treats in there) in the crate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you have a nice pair of steel toed boots?***

Aug 5, 2015, 9:11 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nope,

Aug 5, 2015, 9:12 AM

I dont crate my dogs, I gave them the love seat in the den.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: nope,

Aug 5, 2015, 9:14 AM

I would love not to crate her, but she's in the house all day when I'm at work and she can't be trusted not to use the bathroom in the house or chew up my rugs or furniture.

They thought she was 2 when I adopted her, but I think she is younger as she is a very heavy chewer and has very puppy-like energy

mine are only a 18 months, they seems to understand

Aug 5, 2015, 9:17 AM

anything in the floor is theirs, they wont jump up on the couch and take the remotes, but if they happen to bump the couch and the remotes fall onto the floor; well.....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, I've been working hard on training her

Aug 5, 2015, 9:19 AM

Unfortunately it's much easier to train a young puppy instead of a 1.5-2 year old who has already developed habits.

If you were locked in a crate...

Aug 5, 2015, 9:15 AM

wouldn't you wreck havoc?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I was given a laptop loaded with Lexi Belle videos, I

Aug 5, 2015, 9:23 AM

could manage

I'd probably just sit there.

Aug 5, 2015, 10:11 AM [ in reply to If you were locked in a crate... ]

I wouldn't use my teeth to tear apart the only comfortable thing in the cage. I also don't sniff my friends' assholes.

Usually.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

your girlfriend must be very disappointed.***

Aug 5, 2015, 10:17 AM

Re: My dog - 2, Dog beds 0

Aug 5, 2015, 9:16 AM

My chocolate lab had serious separation anxiety (she was kicked out of a truck at a stop sign at 6 months old) and would go to town on her dog bed when we would leave the house. What helped us turn the corner was having a separate bed in the family room that she laid on when we were home. After a couple of weeks, she knew that was her bed, and we moved it into the room where she stays when we're not home and she never tore it up (it's since been replaced, and we did the same thing when we replaced it).

Aug 5, 2015, 9:21 AM

Thanks...I have a 2nd dog bed as well that's in the family room, but she likes to sleep on the floor in front of me when she's napping. I've started to train her to go to the crate, maybe I'll try training her to go to the dog bed that's outside the crate

It's weird because sometimes she'll sleep in the crate when I'm at home (door is obviously left open) and she's really good in the crate at night or when I leave (I never hear barking or whining), but I think she gets bored with her toys and starts going for the dog bed

Cole went through 5 dog beds, hah.

Aug 5, 2015, 9:24 AM

Grew out that phase at like 6 months.

He also went through 6 collars. I have no idea how he got them off to destroy them, I think wifekrzy always put it too loose on his neck so he wouldn't feel strangled or something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

*Grew out of phase at 6 months

Aug 5, 2015, 9:28 AM

:(

Aug 5, 2015, 9:27 AM

I never could keep a dog bed in there for my Chessie when I had it. Even when he was 2, he would get bored and eat it. I just let the sumbitch sleep on plastic after a while.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Aug 5, 2015, 9:31 AM

I got her some obedience lessons, lady recommended keeping the pad in there at night since she sleeps, butt taking it out during the day. Also, she said keep the softer dog toys away (like plush toys) so she learns to chew on the tougher stuff instead of the dog bed and my rugs.

Seems like decent advice, butt I was just curious if anyone else had this issue

Aug 5, 2015, 9:38 AM

If you have the patience to go through with it, I'm sure any dog can be conditioned not to destroy the stuff. I think it depends on the temperament more than anything.

Jake used to rip to shreds anything that wasn't made of solid rubber (not a good duck hunting trait). He ate 2 pairs of Sperrys and 1 pair of Wolverine and several pairs of jeans before he was 1. But his little sister from the same litter treated everything like it was glass. No difference in training or anything, it was just in his rambunctious personality.

Good luck.

Aug 5, 2015, 9:44 AM

Yea, the adoption place I got her from rescued her from a pound in rural GA, it's possible she's been used to being an outdoor dog. But I also know the first few weeks are fairly stressful for the dog since it's a new environment, so I'm trying to be patient.

I also get the feeling she was abused in the past, she will get scared sometimes if your hand is close to her head

Aug 5, 2015, 9:48 AM

We have 2 rescues. One is just retarded and goofy. The other is overly timid like that. She can get a bit nippy when she gets scared (i.e. grab her around the collar to restrain her when she tries to run somewhere), but we try not to hold it against her.

Here is your answer - kuranda.com

Aug 5, 2015, 9:49 AM

Got one for my GSP after he tore up a few regular beds. The Kuranda beds are pretty much indestructible - got mine with the fleece pad that attaches to the top, it hasn't been destroyed either (and he's one of those dogs that has to scratch the bed a million times before he lays down).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Merci, checking it out now***

Aug 5, 2015, 9:59 AM

Can this product withstand the occasional burst of

Aug 5, 2015, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Here is your answer - kuranda.com ]

projectile diarrhea?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OMG, mine had a bad reaction to the peanut butter in the

Aug 5, 2015, 10:34 AM

Kong toy (the Kong toy, not my nuts!) and completely diarreah'd all over the crate, took like an hour and a half to wash her and clean the crate and floor.

Can I ask you something about the Kong toy?

Aug 5, 2015, 10:38 AM

How uncomfortable does putting peanut butter in it with your finger make you? Sometimes I don't want to look in the mirror afterward.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weird boner?***

Aug 5, 2015, 10:45 AM

Kind of shameful feeling.***

Aug 5, 2015, 10:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't know - the next time the urge hits, I'll try the

Aug 5, 2015, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Can this product withstand the occasional burst of ]

Kuranda bed instead of the toilet, and report back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have a GSP?!

Aug 5, 2015, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Here is your answer - kuranda.com ]

are you ####### insane?¿!¡

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Yea those are nice, butt would like something for in the

Aug 5, 2015, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Here is your answer - kuranda.com ]

crate

EllIe has her bed in her kennel until lunch

Aug 5, 2015, 10:15 AM

then I replace it with a towel because I know she gets pretty fired up between 4 and 5 and likes to tear through whatever is in there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Yep, he tore up 3 within like 2 weeks....

Aug 5, 2015, 10:19 AM

He didn't have a bed for about another year and a half. No problems now.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic