Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My biggest disappointment was how our offense........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,149

My biggest disappointment was how our offense........

Jan 2, 2018, 1:15 PM

was intimidated. I know our offense isn't as strong as last year's, but I thought as a program we were past being intimidated by another team. Being outplayed is one thing, but being outplayed because you're intimidated is another. I thought our offense could go toe-to-toe with their defense and at least be competitive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My biggest disappointment was how our offense........

Jan 2, 2018, 1:19 PM

Especially when you consider the fact that we went toe-to-toe with a better version of the same team the past two years.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were also a better version the previous 2 years***

Jan 2, 2018, 1:48 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

didn't think we were intimidated...

Jan 2, 2018, 1:21 PM

I think ETN looked timid after his early hit, but seemed to me, our guys kept fighting and kept going back at them. We were just were outplayed.

Oddly enough, KB, who I think typically looks uncomfortable in the pocket, looked more determined than he had all year despite the constant pressure. But that's just my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The play calling seemed scared and not confident.***

Jan 2, 2018, 1:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They weren't confident maybe because they knew ....

Jan 2, 2018, 1:56 PM

Bryant's limitations. That said, the only chance we were ever going to have was to spread the ball around some, take some shots down field, etc. It probably still wouldn't have worked with Bryant, but it is what we needed. Our coaches thought we could match up and do what we do, dink and dunk ad match up physically. Bama just brought everyone in close an shut us down easily easily. We didn't have Wayne Gallman blocking. We didn't have Mike Williams or Leggett to bail us out. We didn't have Deshaun's arm. I think we were ###### if we do and ###### if we didn't last night. Our O that we have plays perfectly into Bama's D. It wasn't intimidation. It was a terrible matchup.

Why did you think that? Our O has struggled with any D with

Jan 2, 2018, 1:47 PM

a pulse AND a game plan ALL year...Did you believe all the Kool-Aid that Meeky was pouring about how THIS offense was statistically ahead of last years offense?

Idon't think we were remotely intimidated.

Jan 2, 2018, 1:50 PM

I think they matched up well with our limited offense and it was easy for them.

It would be very hard to argue otherwise***

Jan 2, 2018, 1:52 PM

Re: My biggest disappointment was how our offense........

Jan 2, 2018, 1:55 PM

The offense came out with the run, which was a little different than how we came out against Miami and USCe. It seemed in those games KB was asked to complete short throws, and it was working. Last night we came out determined to run the ball, which fell right into their strength. Not sure why we didn't start throwing from the beginning to neutralize the run pressure defense they ran.

So, are we saying our coaching brain trust was intimidated?

Jan 2, 2018, 3:27 PM

Or, maybe they played badly in their playcalling?

Whatever..the entire ship, with enough parts workable to float normally in calm seas, SUNK under extreme stress.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,149
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic