Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My best basketball was n FIKE with unreal noise, heat & fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 855

My best basketball was n FIKE with unreal noise, heat & fans

Jan 28, 2014, 10:54 AM

going ape! It had rafter seating that was pulled out from the walls..at both ends as well as from the sides (I believe)..and when the opposing team came out we went crazy (maybe before the Duke Crazies).

Coach Howard would attend & we all could see him from any spot..and keyed off him & the Prez & the AD. The scoring table was inches from the sideline (I helped keep score once with Bob Bradley) and seemed to always be part of OR in the way of the game.

The steam heat was cut up so the place was a firepit..and we all knew to wear T-shirts and watch the opposing team sweat it out. What fun..the never stopping screaming..the players hitting the floor, with towels coming out often to mop up the floor..the small TigerBand ensemble playing their guts out with TigerRaG..the female cheerleaders performing at breaks right in front of your face.

We won some close games due to this atmosphere..and how sweet it was (1959-1966 for me). Littlejohn has NEVER given me these thrills or experiences, and maybe making it smaller will help.

Good luck TiGER Basketball, keep dribbling & attempting to win for dear ole CLEMSON!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My best basketball was n FIKE with unreal noise, heat & fans

Jan 28, 2014, 10:59 AM

we kept warm for years off the lost coats we used to find there after games. True story- NOT!!! ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1959-1966. Must be Dr. lightbulbbill.

Jan 28, 2014, 11:26 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Or he could be just a little slow.***

Jan 28, 2014, 11:43 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Or he could be just a little slow.***

Jan 28, 2014, 12:00 PM

was there from 1962 to December 1966. Agree completely. Saw #1 Duke win by one point on a desperation last-second shot. The mahaffey brothers ruled.

Yeah..the McHaffey Brothers & other slow wht boys but fun

Jan 28, 2014, 12:52 PM

never the less and they at least scrapped & clawed.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep - and the refs were constantly

Jan 28, 2014, 1:01 PM

shooing the feet of the front row fans off of the playing area!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So this is where we set Pat Conroy on fire, right? Let me be

Jan 28, 2014, 5:23 PM

fair by being more accurate- they burned him with cigarettes when he dove for a loose ball. Of all the point guards we picked him. He also claimed his father threw a pickle jar upside his head whenever they sat down for supper. I just wonder how many times this happened. One may not know what was for supper but be danmed sure you'd know where that pickle jar was.

Replies: 7
| visibility 855
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic