Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Take After Three Games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

My Take After Three Games

Sep 15, 2019, 2:05 PM

The 2019 Tigers are for real but they have some ground to cover before we can say they have played a good game. Yes, they have won three games and have shown flashes of greatness but also shown us they have not been consistent for four quarters.

Before the season began, our expectations were for an unstoppable offense and a questionable defense. Losing a top-notch defense following last year's run to the national championship left a huge void. It was not a question of available talent but the lack of inexperienced personnel. After three games I believe we would all agree our defense has been a shining light. The red zone defense in the Syracuse game was a thing of beauty. I would give our D a solid "A".

Believing our offense would blow out all of our opponents with ease may have been a little tainted by the potential of this unit. Compared to last year's unit, we know the potential is there but we have not seen the consistency we were expecting. We know this offense is going to explode at some point. Improvement game by game will lead to our peaking at season's end when it will be needed. My grade for the Offense, a "B-".

Our greatest need is for a solid punter, someone who can average at least in the mid 40's and occasionally a few punts in the 50 yarders. Texas A&M and Syracuse both had excellent punters. Our offense has, for the most part, responded very well following a punt that had us begin play deep in our own territory.

Dabo and staff have done a tremendous job in developing our talent. The number of players getting game time snaps has afforded us depth that many other schools lack, I haven't seen the number of players that participated in last night's game but most, if not all, of the 72 members of the traveling squad probably saw some action last night.

The number of freshmen and sophomores seeing regular playing time on the field and how well they are contributing to the program is amazing. Factor in the talent that will be arriving in our next recruiting class bodes well for the future. Our coaching staff has the ability to recognize talent regardless of their star ranking and develop that talent to a high level.

Dabo and staff have a program that will be sustainable because they have developed a program that adheres to character, integrity and the will to succeed in all areas of one's life.

***********************************************************************************************
And, one parting shot -------

We Tiger fans have often heard it said or read a comment by our Coot friends wondering why would any recruit want to attend that school in Pickens County. We know the answer but prefer not to let them know. Perhaps their inability to attract the best recruits to their school is due their being located in Columbia.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Take After Three Games

Sep 15, 2019, 2:35 PM

Spot on. In regard to your parting shot, several of my coworkers have college-aged kids or family members. Those that have visited, think highly of Clemson. Many others have interest in visiting Clemson as a school they might be interested in attending. For further context, I'm not a Clemson alum, but many folks at work think that I am. As much as I love my alma mater, I have to say there really is something special about Clemson. Make no mistake, if I had the financial means to enroll at Clemson back then, I would have in a heart beat. I've been on many other college campuses, and they just don't measure up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Sep 15, 2019, 3:44 PM

Did we sign a punter or is that in next year's class ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 9:19 PM

I believe that the high number of players playing each game has attracted top talent to Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic