Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hotel gouging... 1k for 2 nights? Lol
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,409

Hotel gouging... 1k for 2 nights? Lol

Sep 28, 2015, 8:27 PM

Say we all book rooms and sell them out for the next big one....then all cancel day before and leave the high and dry. Walk in on game day and offer them their normal 89-139 rate and sleep happy after a tiger win!!

Understand free market but that's flat out garbage. Can't believe people pay those prices.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hotel gouging... 1k for 2 nights? Lol

Sep 28, 2015, 8:28 PM

Yeah I always stay 30-45 minutes outside if I don't have a friends house to stay at near by

Excellent idea.

Sep 28, 2015, 8:29 PM

Only you'll have to give them a number off that little plastic card in your wallet or they'll rent the room to the next caller.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Excellent idea.

Sep 28, 2015, 8:31 PM

Happy to give emit to them. There's a cancelation window, 24hrs before kickoff, at the one I just called. Plenty of time for them to panic when all cancel on them.

Must have been a??

Sep 28, 2015, 10:39 PM

Must have been a 2 star motel.
Most places ( decent places), for game weekends, have a 14 day cancellation policy .
Clemson, Anderson, and Greenville

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

30-day cancelation for big games***

Sep 29, 2015, 7:35 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Re: 30-day cancelation for big games***

Sep 29, 2015, 10:10 AM

Yep, minimum 14 days notice at the Hampton Inn in Clemson. Trust me I know from experience.

Sep 28, 2015, 8:31 PM

It is absolutely insane. I am staying in some s@&t hole town in Georgia because I refuse to pay $500 for a night at the Anderson Rodeway Inn :) Guess it is better than driving back to Atlanta at 2 am

Sep 28, 2015, 8:55 PM

Or you figure out how to deliver resources to the market that needs them so they have the resources they want for a little cheaper while you make money too? win win right?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Sep 28, 2015, 8:58 PM

Mind is working on that MS. Trust me.

Sep 28, 2015, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Hotel gouging... 1k for 2 nights? Lol ]

Do you supply shower curtain rings to hotels in the upstate area?

Why not stay in Greenville?!?

Sep 28, 2015, 8:58 PM

Awesome city, lots more to do, great restaurants, much nicer hotels and no price gouging.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Why not stay in Greenville?!?

Sep 28, 2015, 9:03 PM

By then I'm half way home. Worst part is getting from our lot to the main roads.. If I'm going to drive 1 hour after a few in traffic, might as well finish the next hour and sleep in my own bed at 3-4am. But agreed, Greenville a great city.

or u could sleep in...eat a buffet breakfast... have

Sep 28, 2015, 11:04 PM

a couple of bloody's

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard the prices in Seneca were reasonable

Sep 28, 2015, 9:17 PM

I don't know what I'm going to do when my in-laws move to a smaller house. I'll probably bring a blow up mattress and sleep in their living room.

Re: I heard the prices in Seneca were reasonable

Sep 29, 2015, 7:42 AM

$350 per night at the only place available

Re: ticket and parking pass gouging by "us" is worse in my

Sep 28, 2015, 9:29 PM

view. I think if you are not going to use your tickets then buy fewer or sell to friends and family at face or give them to your friends and family. Make your money another way or drop out of Iptay and run around on game day like all the other sleazy scalpers. I buy eight tix and use them or sell at face or give to family. I wish Iptay could help with this but likely impossible to do. But it still gets me when one person has like 8 parking passes for sale in iptay lots and multiple tix for sale. It seems with our success that this should not happen with Iptay lots. I realize that we all have eaten tix in years gone by but this crap with iptay tix and passes being sold like this just gets me. I think that a fair markup is fine but this is not helping our fan base or Clemson with what has evolved.

Sep 28, 2015, 10:48 PM

Maybe I should open an Air B&B for the Fla State game.

Sep 28, 2015, 11:11 PM

Don't blame the hotels at all. I assume their profitability for the year come from: 7 home games (more so any late games), 2 graduations, and a handful of nights due to orientation and move in. That is about 25 nights a year, where it is even worth having their business. Let them make their money when they can.

Heck, we just get a couple of campsites at a state park on Hartwell

Sep 28, 2015, 11:27 PM

Traffic getting out is way better that way. 25 bucks a night, tow the boat for Sunday and have a great weekend

Re: Heck, we just get a couple of campsites at a state park on Hartwell

Sep 29, 2015, 7:08 AM

Where's the site? Love that idea.

Google state parks there are several within

Sep 29, 2015, 7:19 AM

20 miles of Clemson

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,409
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive