Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Muse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,062

Muse

Jan 14, 2019, 9:00 PM

I'm glad he is coming back just because of his experience, but why isn't he playing linebacker?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Muse: why isn't he playing linebacker?

Jan 14, 2019, 9:03 PM

Maybe next year he will!

Re: Muse

Jan 14, 2019, 9:04 PM

Because he was the best option at safety? He really made alot more plays than he lost. Like alot alot more you just don't notice it bc when he does his job it's not always flashy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 14, 2019, 9:12 PM

He likes to play downhill so much that he gets out of position and also beat over the top by anyone with a good QB and good WRs. I watched the MNF Film Room version of the Natty and they pointed out several times where he was not where he was supposed to be. I still love the kid and I appreciate him as a player, I just think he would be better suited as a LB.

Jan 14, 2019, 9:19 PM

He improved a lot this year vs last and I look forward to seeing our National Championship safety improve even more for next year. GO TIGERS!!!

Jan 14, 2019, 9:29 PM

Glad to have him returning.
He's definitely a big hitter.
Pretty tough dude.

Brent Venables thinks he's better at safety.

Jan 14, 2019, 9:37 PM

If you had to wonder why a guy like BV would want Muse at safety, what would you think he sees that you don't?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brent Venables thinks he's better at safety.

Jan 14, 2019, 10:21 PM

I think he was there because of our depth at linebacker and this years lack of depth at safety. Just my opinion.

We blitz a lo and bring other unconventional

Jan 14, 2019, 11:08 PM

pressures. We ask our safeties sometimes to do things other teams/coaches wouldn’t ask based on scheme. Nobody has their safety matched w Jeudy, but we do because we’re blitzing and betting we are confident we are going to get to the QB or at least force an errant throw. Quick releases and QBs that are accurate under pressure create problems for the scheme and in particular the safeties due to the islands they are left on. Does make some mistakes sure? But every time some breaks a big play it isn’t his fault. He does a lot of thing great also. Made a huge stop on Tua on 4th down.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,062
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic