Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One 5* does not a succesful team make
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

One 5* does not a succesful team make

May 25, 2018, 9:37 PM

Nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two 5 stars on the DL to that program is a huge upgrade....

May 25, 2018, 9:39 PM

though. I prefer they are in dumpster fire mode, but they are coming around.

Re: Two 5 stars on the DL to that program is a huge upgrade....

Apr 3, 2021, 2:14 PM

That Clowney guy is surely responsible for all their recent success.

Yes...he was a great recruit for Muscoot*****

May 25, 2018, 10:16 PM

Re: One 5* does not a succesful team make

May 25, 2018, 10:25 PM

Oh I’m sorry, this is the thread for Yodaisms right?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Muschamp had lots of 5-stars at Florida

May 25, 2018, 11:15 PM

He’s a proven recruiter, but not a proven coach.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Muschamp had lots of 5-stars at Florida

May 26, 2018, 9:02 AM

He’s a proven recruiter, but not a proven coach.

True, You can even say he is a proven DC, but the jury is still out on HC. UF coach McElwain (who was also a train wreck) did better with Lumpy's players in 2015-16 than Lumpy did in 2013-14.

Re: Muschamp had lots of 5-stars at Florida

May 26, 2018, 9:44 AM

You act like he didn't learn anything from his time at Florida. He screwed up bringing Roper is as OC but it didn't take long after year two to kick him to the road. Now he has a bright young mind with McLendon and a great QB coach and mentor for him with Werner.

Think back when Dabo first took over as HC. He didn't have a good offense until he hired Chad Morris and didn't have a good defense until he hired Venables. Which goes to show that a HC is only as good as his assistants. Muschamp will have us competing for both the SEC and the state soon and the Pickens and Hilinski commitments are huge steps in that direction.

pretty sure muschamp ain’t reaching Dabo status

May 26, 2018, 10:30 AM

But I do think he’s going to have y’all competing with Clemson in a couple years. But do me a favor.... as a Gamecock fan...if you beat Clemson in 3 years don’t start talking about how y’all are going to take over the rivalry from this point on..or talk like you’ve always been better just haven’t played good, or how the SeC is the reason why you won bc of such a tougher schedule... is that possible? Or no?

A good dline is where you start competing. And Belk is definitely good and I assume Pickens is legit as well. Others will come along as well bc PT is there for the taking.

Re: pretty sure muschamp ain’t reaching Dabo status

May 26, 2018, 11:34 AM

El Tigre 1 said:

But I do think he’s going to have y’all competing with Clemson in a couple years. But do me a favor.... as a Gamecock fan...if you beat Clemson in 3 years don’t start talking about how y’all are going to take over the rivalry from this point on..or talk like you’ve always been better just haven’t played good, or how the SeC is the reason why you won bc of such a tougher schedule... is that possible? Or no?

A good dline is where you start competing. And Belk is definitely good and I assume Pickens is legit as well. Others will come along as well bc PT is there for the taking.

I'm not that kind of fan. I just enjoy the rivalry more when both teams are good. You can't tell me that out of your current winning streak that the last one when we were finally playing competitive football (at least against teams of equal talent level) in WB was not the best of the four. We had a nice streak going until Spurrier got lazy while Dabo was recruiting and building. I think that we are close to getting back there again to where our games are competitive. Hopefully we can at least give you guys a game this year, I can take a loss but those butt whoopings suck.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic