Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most of the recruits have now seen Clemson play in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Most of the recruits have now seen Clemson play in

Jan 16, 2019, 10:05 AM

the cfp the entire time that they've been in highschool (last 4 years in a row). They aren't used to seeing championship games without our Tigers playing for it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most of the recruits have now seen Clemson play in

Jan 16, 2019, 10:06 AM

This season ruined the "Deshaun is gone" narrative that teams could use.

I hope that recruits feel this way too and start rolling in like never seen before!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 11:16 AM

Haha I’m sure they will start that crap up again after Trevor leaves but hopefully we will have another amazing QB in DJ waiting by then. ????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Most of the recruits have now seen Clemson play in ]

TigersO Very important point you make. Other teams had been engaging in the: "they got the best QB that program will ever have" now their run is over negative recruiting tactic with kids. I know they use the low # of NFL starters we produce from the OL that way for fact. That whole narrative is done and put to bed!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 10:08 AM

This 2020 recruiting class will be GOOD!

Jan 16, 2019, 10:10 AM

This man maketh a good pointh .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 16, 2019, 10:15 AM

Good point!! Had not thought about it in that way .....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 16, 2019, 10:17 AM

Great poast. And just to build on it, most of these kids were in elementary school the last time Clemson had something less than a 10-win season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2020 recruiting class will probably be Dabo's

Jan 16, 2019, 10:20 AM

First class with substantially more 4 Stars than 3 Stars.... now don't get me wrong, Dabo is a master of recruiting and there will be plenty of 3 stars on our menu. Dabo can find those 5 Star heart/2-3 Star players. But the 2020 recruiting class is off to a good start, with five 4 Star and zero 3 Star ..
And Last year with two 5 Star , 14 4 Star , 12 3 star . It shows how diverse Dabo is in building his culture ...now with all this hardware, Dabo will probably actually nic-pic at some 5 star players, lol. What a time to be a Tiger...

Re: 2020 recruiting class will probably be Dabo's

Jan 16, 2019, 10:28 AM

I looked it up. Highest class according to 247 sports was 2018 which ranked #7. We are at #6 right now for 2019 and could end up at #4 or #5. In 2020 we could have a top 3 class.

Jan 16, 2019, 10:33 AM

Like those numbers .....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 16, 2019, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: 2020 recruiting class will probably be Dabo's ]

Does anybody have an estimate on the size of the 2020 class? The 2018 class was only ranked that poorly because of quantities.

Jan 16, 2019, 11:16 AM [ in reply to 2020 recruiting class will probably be Dabo's ]

2018 was the first class with that distinction.

According to Rivals there were only 5 3 star players and one of them was a kicker (top rated but never get more than 3 stars).

The rest of that small class was 4 and 5 star players.

Dabo is always going to look at the man first, and the

Jan 16, 2019, 12:02 PM [ in reply to 2020 recruiting class will probably be Dabo's ]

talent next. If you have a bad social media history, you ain't getting an offer, no matter how many stars you got. I like that about him. Believe in your standards (which is BEST) and recruit to those standards. Seems to be working. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They prolly don't know of any coach here except Dabo.

Jan 16, 2019, 10:20 AM

especially the Hatfield/West years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They prolly don't know of any coach here except Dabo.

Jan 16, 2019, 10:34 AM

Yep - that’s ancient history to these recruits!

Re: They prolly don't know of any coach here except Dabo.

Jan 16, 2019, 11:12 AM [ in reply to They prolly don't know of any coach here except Dabo. ]

In 2000, we signed 12 recruits, one 4 star, no 5 stars. Ranked 33rd in the country.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 10:35 AM

I think most kids really start getting into football at around 11-13 years old. So that WV game and FSU game are not really in their memory. Or the 5 game streak to the coots

Jan 16, 2019, 12:39 PM

I agree for the most part. I think that they my be into it sooner, but if they are like I was, they have tunnel vision for whoever is their team. As long as that team was not Alabama back then, I think that we are in pretty good shape.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic