Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most difficult time for you to show Clemson hospitality?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,849

Most difficult time for you to show Clemson hospitality?

Oct 1, 2018, 11:45 AM

Saturday we were sitting in the West End Zone, right at the edge of the Syracuse fans. Everything was going well even though we were struggling at the time in the game. Trevor gets hit, while I didn't see the Syracuse sideline reaction (which on a third down stop they should be celebrating) I did see their fans near us literally celebrate that Trevor was hurt and gloated that they took him out and we had no one else. They should have heeded the WE TOO DEEP chants throughout the game. Later on when Trayvon was clearly in pain on our sideline they mocked him as well. I have to be honest this was the hardest game I've ever had showing Clemson hospitality and I failed miserably in both of those moments with my reaction to them. Not that anyone in that moment deserved that hospitality. They deserved to get the hell out of our stadium!

What was your toughest moment to show Clemson hospitality?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most difficult time for you to show Clemson hospitality?

Oct 1, 2018, 11:54 AM

Miami fan behind us at ACCCG last year (even though 38-3, believe it or not).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USCjr sometime in the early '90s

Oct 1, 2018, 12:05 PM

Can't remember the exact date, but when I was in college some buddies and I traveled to the roach for the annual rivalry game. We decided to paint our faces just for the heck of it. I was in the stadium and went to the bathroom. So I'm standing there whizzing and one of the "esteemed" chicken lovers decides to start crap. Again, I'm in college and this guy looked to be maybe in his 50s. He looked straight at me and told me "you look stupid".

I have to say that I was so shocked that a middle aged person would actually speak to someone much younger in this manner that I literally just stood there frozen, and by the time I came out of the deer in the headlights haze he had walked off. So I guess in a way I sorta kept the Clemson hospitality by not responding.

Oct 1, 2018, 12:08 PM

TCU...2009 not even to one of their fans but some guy named Richard Head decided he'd duck under our EZ up to get out of the rain. Dude decides to ask the usual...how do you think the game will go, etc. My buddy asks him what he thought of the tailgate scene at CU as opposed to TCU and this guys says "I'm not from TX I'm just here for the game." He then proceeded to stick a ring in front of my buddy's face and says "this is my school (Scar)". Needless to say he left our tailgate real fast and due to the commotion he was pretty much ran off from the entire parking lot.

Crappy part is we saw his wet possum looking #$%& after the game with his sh&t eating grin because we'd lost. Yeah, I'm still bitter.

VT Night game somewhere around 06-07

Oct 1, 2018, 2:29 PM

The wife and I were walking back to the car, parked where the Penley Golf Facility has now replaced a green dumpster.
On the way back, we crossed paths with 2 inebriated VT frat goons... I spoke and said hello. They were excited about their victory and proceeded to talk a little junk, which I can handle. However, it was the next bit of dialog that about made me lose my Clemson Hospitality. The next question from one of the idiots was, "Is your wife pregnant?". Of course, she was not and I could tell that it upset her/hurt her self-esteem. So, it bothered me, but we kept walking. Not being able to leave well enough alone, the #$@*!&# then proceed to say, "Does she want to be? Because I can help her out". I lost it and forgot being a Clemson Gentleman and went straight hood on them. I still don't know how I stayed out of jail that night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have to say, I probably would have went ballistic myself on

Oct 1, 2018, 3:40 PM

that one! Did you actually fight with them or were they all talk?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I pass the city limits sign going into Columbia***

Oct 1, 2018, 12:13 PM

Oct 1, 2018, 12:46 PM

Georgia fan back in 2013. After the 4th Georgia player went down after looking at the sideline we started booing. She started cursing loudly at everyone. I asked her to stop because kids were behind us and she swung at me. Her husband took her out at that point but that was the worst fan behavior I have witnessed.

Oct 1, 2018, 2:44 PM

Serious question: Did one of them have red hair and a beard? The other covered in tats, kind of rough looking?

-RB

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Anything Tarhole related***

Oct 1, 2018, 3:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC game when Tanneyhill was QB. Rained a bit during the

Oct 1, 2018, 3:33 PM

game. There was a jerk in front of me wearing a poncho and he had a Tanneyhill sign. My Father-in-law was sitting beside him. When Tanneyhill did something good, he would stand up and wave his sign, and whack my Father-in-law in the head with his poncho. We talked to him numerous times, but he was a jerk. We made a Benny Hill sign with a white kitchen trash bag and a sharpie, and started to wave it when appropriate, which of course pissed him off. After a bit his wife got on him and told him if he was going to dish it, he had to take it (rather loudly). Pretty funny. Sort of took the steam out of him for the remainder of the game.

That being said, that's the closest I have come to throttling someone at a game, and this one was a home game. Have not had any "close calls" at any road games. Just normal uncouth 20's fans.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the thumb game

Oct 1, 2018, 3:41 PM

I've done my best to not be a jackash to my dirt pekker family members and friends, since..but 5 years of being a gentleman will disappear for a bit, if we get that thumb this year..they will be getting a verbal 5-finger procto exam

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

I have a tie

Oct 1, 2018, 3:46 PM

Very easy question to answer, though maybe slightly off topic since mine are both road scenarios:

WVU fans about had hands laid on them after the Orange Bowl...what a bunch of hillbilly trash they were.

Tied with any trip to Atlanta. They are worst than the coots yesterday, today and tomorrow. I despise going to Bobby Dodd stadium and I despise almost every GT fan I've ever met.

For home games probably FSU. They might not be anymore but they used to be arrogant trash. Karma's a female dog, huh?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,849
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic