Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Morons ..... or Tnet Morans ......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Morons ..... or Tnet Morans ......

Mar 2, 2019, 10:05 PM

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/3/2/18247785/nfl-combine-2019-day-2-winners-losers-wide-receiver-quarterback-dk-metcalf-draft

When will these idiots believe their eyes watching a guy play football rather than looking at his "chart"? Who the heII are these idiots?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Morons ..... or Tnet Morans ......

Mar 2, 2019, 10:15 PM

I've been looking at Metcalf's role at Ole Miss, and am totally confused why he is rated so high in the draft. He was their 3rd best receiver the past 2 years, and only played in 7 games last season. Ole Miss only won 5 mediocre games, only beating bottom dweller teams. If he is so great, even a blind coach would have used him a lot more. Maybe I'm missing something???

Anyone understand what the hoopla is all about with this guy?

Personally, I wouldn't trade Higgins, Ross, or Renfrow for this guy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2019, 10:28 PM

Probably will win the "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane award" .... be drafted very high and be out of the league in three years.

It would be difficult for NFL scouts to judge real talent.

They have convinced the owners that they have a blueprint for cherry picking top players. If they don't pan out, it's the algorithm's fault. It's job security.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It would be difficult for NFL scouts to judge real talent.

Nailed it!

Mar 2, 2019, 10:30 PM

I don’t get how you don’t take collegiate career as a more measurable data set than the combine? Yea, I get how they get to those “measurables” they use, but how often does that flop??? tri-biscuit is better than D-dub, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2019, 10:38 PM

I don’t get how you don’t take collegiate career as a more measurable data set than the combine? Yea, I get how they get to those “measurables” they use, but how often does that flop??? tri-biscuit is better than D-dub, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2019, 11:07 PM

I remember when the 49ers took Renaldo Nehemiah as a WR. For you youngsters, Ronaldo Nehemiah was the World Record Holder in the 110 meter hurdles. He’d outrun anything and everything on the football field, he’d outrun all of the buses, cars and subways going to the football fields and he’d outrun half of the airplanes at the airport. Renaldo just had one minor flaw as an NFL WR......he couldn’t catch. I don’t know why eggheads are always trying to make a track star into a football player. I also don’t know why eggheads can’t accept that football players may or may not fit into their silly egghead football player arbitrary model formula. I just know that eggheads make me laugh.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear you ...

Mar 2, 2019, 10:44 PM

You make a valid point. But in a debate, my rebuttal would be that TL16 is so superior to Ole Miss QBs that Metcalf spent all season getting healthy and ready for NFL draft.

Metcalf had the equivalent of KB2 throwing to him at Ole Miss - in other words, he had no shot. When TL16 is spinning perfectly placed balls, our standout WR stars can excel. It takes the QB first. Metcalf will be fine with an Aaron Rodgers type looking his way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't agree more. There are a lot of guys who can

Mar 2, 2019, 11:08 PM

get open, break up passes, pick up a lot of tough yards, make great throws, catch a lot of balls, tackle in the open field, and just flat out perform and play football that may not test that great in individual drills or have great physical measurements. If a guy consistently gets open and catches a lot of passes, it shouldn't matter what his hand size is or if he's 1/100th of a second slower than another guy in the 40; he's somehow overcome those liabilities and basically proven they don't matter. If a guy breaks a lot of tackles and breaks a lot of long runs, it shouldn't matter what he benches or the diameter of his wrist is; he's very good at doing what it is you want him to do. If you want a good salesman - look for a guy who sells a lot; don't worry about his college GPA or what kind of haircut he has. If you want a good house painter, find somebody who does a good job at painting houses; don't worry about how much he squats or whether or not he has 20/20 uncorrrected vision.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Couldn't agree more. There are a lot of guys who can

Mar 3, 2019, 12:20 AM

The thing is, these morons act like his measurables are terrible, which they are not. His 40 time is not bad (Deebo was only a 1/10th of a sec. faster). His cone drill was third among the receivers. I was actually surprised at his bench presses as I did not expect that many. High jump and long jump were OK. And those saying that he is not athletic are just plain full of cr*p. What would be true is that he does not "look" athletic. Who cares ..... except those bozos!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic