Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More on failed drug tests
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

More on failed drug tests

Dec 24, 2018, 3:06 PM

Heard that the NCAA informed Clemson last Thursday of the tests. All three players were allowed to travel to the bowl site.

Dabo called Dexter and Dexter insisted that Swinney was messing with him, kept thinking it was a joke. Yes, the drug can be found in energy drinks and traces can be stored in the fatty tissues for a long time. I've been told that the coaches are going on the assumption that if Drug Test A was failed, then B will also fail.

Go look at the case of Arizona's Allonzo Trier, the Cats hoops player. He also failed a drug test - a minuscule amount - and it was determined he had gotten from a drink his dad made him. The NCAA didn't care and he was suspended, so I am not sure how hopeful anyone is that this can be overturned.

To reiterate - the players have done nothing wrong except be the victims of circumstance or at least that's how it looks. We will have more as we learn more

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David, what is the likelihood

Dec 24, 2018, 3:09 PM

Of getting the B sample results by the 29th?

Whenever those come in, we should be good to go..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More on failed drug tests

Dec 24, 2018, 3:10 PM

I hope it gets overturned. If not I believe this just goes to show how important the team nutritionist are. They need to find where this came from and educate the players more on the drug

David is this a case of they suspended for the rest of the year meaning they would miss the championship game as well or just 1 game?

NCAA is

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 3:13 PM

An unbelievable foul up. ESPN Will have this be the lead story of the game and cast a pall over the whole program.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 3:15 PM

Why wouldn't they? It's a big story, right? If ESPN brings it up just once, that will be too much for some or most here.

It is what it is, sadly....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: More on failed drug tests ]

Lol

Dec 24, 2018, 3:30 PM

this is somehow funny to you?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 3:16 PM

Hard to believe that Clemson was informed on Thursday and the news is just now coming out.
I didn't think anyone could keep something quiet for that long anymore.

Dec 24, 2018, 3:16 PM

Straight BS and the NCAA knows it..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

A re-test just means they analyze an unused portion

Dec 24, 2018, 3:21 PM

of the original sample. The players don't get called back in to submit another sample since that would give the substance in question additional time to clear. Rather the additional sample is re-tested again. Unless the lab just made an error (highly unlikely), the coaches are right to assume the re-test will come back positive.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A re-test just means they analyze an unused portion

Dec 24, 2018, 3:24 PM

Would it be wrong to hope sample A is to flag substances and sample B is to determine PPM of substance present? And that if it is consistent with cross contamination then we will be ok.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Dec 24, 2018, 3:33 PM

Was just about to post.

Yup

Might not be wrong to hope, but very unlikely.***

Dec 24, 2018, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: A re-test just means they analyze an unused portion ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will he be sitting with the rest of the UDPs in Dallas?

Dec 24, 2018, 3:32 PM

davidhood®

The NCAA is such a pathetic joke...

Dec 24, 2018, 3:32 PM

They have no idea how these athletes are getting this substance in their systems,but act quickly with suspension. But have academic institutions blatantly cheat and coverup with fake classes and such, the or FBI investigations for funneling money to athletes and it drops the ball repeatedly...

Dec 24, 2018, 3:34 PM

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/dexter-lawrence-among-three-clemson-players-appealing-failed-ncaa-drug-test-before-cotton-bowl/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND Sympathisers

Dec 24, 2018, 3:41 PM

ND backers are behind this. Their reach is extensive. Lol

Re: ND Sympathisers

Dec 24, 2018, 4:16 PM

I would not underestimate the power and reach of the Jesuits.

if he sits can he play in the nat title game if we win again

Dec 24, 2018, 3:45 PM

nd?

Dec 24, 2018, 4:15 PM

I know that the anount of one of the players was very very minuscule. In the 1000's percentile. Coach Swinney feels like this will get overturned otherwise he wouldn't have let them travel with the team. Lets hope for the best. This substance can be stored in fatty tissue for years and not be detected.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2018, 2:17 PM

I wish Dabo would file his classiness away for 5 minutes and let loose on NCAA with the pure profanity those stupid bassturds deserve.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic