Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More on Steve Spurless & Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

More on Steve Spurless & Morris

Oct 4, 2012, 5:44 PM

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/HaireoftheDog/archives/2012/10/03/steve-spurrier-must-be-fired

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% agree that the press should be asking MORE and

Oct 4, 2012, 7:39 PM

TOUGH questions. That's their job. They're the great equalizer. That's why politics is so f'd up these days. Because if a reporter asks a tough question, he gets ridiculed by the politician and then the story becoemes the bad reporter and all the partisan stations make that the story.

uscjr should be ashamed of what spermier is doing but it appears they back him. pathetic and disgusting.

Re: More on Steve Spurless & Morris

Oct 4, 2012, 7:52 PM

morris went too far imo. i do think spurrier overeacted but morris isnt the poor innocent journalist fighting for truth here. his story on ellington being poached started the whole thing and was very irresponsible. just because you have a source doesnt mean you publish. especially if the source is anonymous you try and get facts to back up the source. morris didnt do that. he published what a "source" said with no further facts. his editors should have stopped it. they didnt for the same reason morris wrote the story. the fued generates readers. and that was the whole point of the penn state comparison. to escalate the anger and generate attention. that comparison is just too toxic. no other school or coach in the country deserves that label. morris purposely used it because he knew he would generate publicity. so while i agree spurrier should have probably ignore it i dont blame him at all for being ticked off.

Yeah, reporters need to check their sources for sure.

Oct 4, 2012, 7:56 PM

but when spurrier gets the "powers that be" involved in getting morris fired, then what morris was insinuating is true... spurrier has unchecked power and that's never a good thing.

^^^^^^ THAT -- it NOW appears Spurrior has same as Sandusky

Oct 4, 2012, 8:33 PM

power over the school to hide / cover / whatever he wants immunity

null

Re: Yeah, reporters need to check their sources for sure.

Oct 4, 2012, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Yeah, reporters need to check their sources for sure. ]

doubt he had to convince them. bet being compared to psu bothered all the powers that be at carolina.

As it should. That was the point Morris was making in the

Oct 4, 2012, 9:45 PM

comparison, which has only been reinforced by Spurrier's threats and the admin's cowtowing to him since.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boy that is shocking a coot thinks he went to far***

Oct 4, 2012, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Re: More on Steve Spurless & Morris ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More on Steve Spurless & Morris

Oct 5, 2012, 7:05 AM [ in reply to Re: More on Steve Spurless & Morris ]

morris went too far imo. i do think spurrier overeacted but morris isnt the poor innocent journalist fighting for truth here. his story on ellington being poached started the whole thing and was very irresponsible. just because you have a source doesnt mean you publish. especially if the source is anonymous you try and get facts to back up the source. morris didnt do that. he published what a "source" said with no further facts. his editors should have stopped it. they didnt for the same reason morris wrote the story. the fued generates readers. and that was the whole point of the penn state comparison. to escalate the anger and generate attention. that comparison is just too toxic. no other school or coach in the country deserves that label. morris purposely used it because he knew he would generate publicity. so while i agree spurrier should have probably ignore it i dont blame him at all for being ticked off.

what makes you think thank any of us care about a coots opinion??????

USuC's new motto: We ARE Penn State!

Oct 4, 2012, 11:17 PM

USuC better hope the Spurrier Era is no worse than a passed kidney stone. They are an NCAA violation away from the death penalty ---- oh, something like lack of institutional control - giving the keys to the kingdom to Spurrier - turning a blind eye to his ego and winning at all cost attitude.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my favorite part of this article

Oct 5, 2012, 2:03 AM

Yes, this whole thing is silly. In fact, you might even say it's as silly as the way the average Gamecock fan puffs out their chests these days and talks as if their team is a perennial powerhouse and not the 81st best team of all time.

Gamecocks' entire season has had one silly drama after

Oct 5, 2012, 10:07 AM

another

- Spurrier mad at fans for leaving at halftime
- Everybody mad at SEC for suspending Swearinger
- Spurrier mad at Ron Morris

They can't seem to enjoy a 5-0 start; they have to manufacture idiocy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: my favorite part of this article

Oct 5, 2012, 10:26 AM [ in reply to my favorite part of this article ]

Agree. Best line of the whole article.

My problem with Morris is the specific intent to be negative

Oct 5, 2012, 10:37 AM

whether it is warranted or not.

In a recent article, explaining his side of the situation, he states that he gave Spurrier a 5 year pass, because new coaches in any situation deserve that.

Well... that inherently means you choose whether or not to be negative. If you were the journalist with integrity that you claim to be, then why choose whether or not to be negative, or when to start being negative, or when to give a guy a pass? Why not just play it straight all the time?

Morris clearly picks and chooses whether or not he is going to do a negative article or a positive article and then looks for a story to tell, whether it's completely true or not... the luxury I guess of being considered a columnist, instead of a beat writer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic