Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More Deptula Idiocy.....someone please call him out......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

More Deptula Idiocy.....someone please call him out......

Aug 9, 2018, 10:39 AM

Much talk about the WCCP blowhard Deptula on here. I try not to listen to him for obvious reasons but found myself tuned in the past few days......

As you know, he loves Kelly Bryant and he is certainly entitled to that opinion. His "case" for Kelly that he said yesterday is that we have a "whole season of work" with Kelly (true) so you know what you are getting, etc. Said last year he was hindered bc he was not surrounded my talented skill position players (debatable). This year will be different he says.........

Earlier this week he said that the Alabama QB Tua would start and that he was the greatest Alabama QB EVER...yes ever........

Of course Deptula has formed this opinion on watching Tua for ONE HALF of freaking football in his entire career.

Can't have it both ways Deptula.......you claim look at Bryant's full season body of work vs Lawrence potentially starting yet you say a QB with a quarter and a half of experience is the best QB in Alabama history.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More Deptula Idiocy.....someone please call him out......

Aug 9, 2018, 10:42 AM

I've never heard him, but...

You confirm he's accomplished his mission:
1. Controversial
2. You're posting about him
3. You're listening to him.

4. You ARE him, ain'tcha?!?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep I would have no idea who Deptula was if he wasn't

Aug 9, 2018, 10:47 AM

constantly slammed on Tigernet. I've never heard him and have no idea what he is about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2018, 11:06 AM

So, that explains why Bryant was overthrowing THIS year's receivers in the spring game? I'll wait.

He did it several times in the FSU game from last season.

Aug 9, 2018, 12:57 PM

I watched it last night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: He did it several times in the FSU game from last season.

Aug 9, 2018, 1:31 PM

..and VT. You'll see it start on the very first drive. Did it in several games last year actually, but many on here don't want to hear that.

And apparently according to the State report, he still in fall camp did it in practice the other day too, according to Matt Connolly
https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article216098715.html

"4. The quarterbacks
All three quarterbacks had their good moments, but Lawrence was probably the most consistent. Bryant got off to a strong start with the short passes but overthrew four or five deep balls and was frustrated with himself after missing back-to-back deep throws near the end of the open period. Lawrence missed a couple of short throws but was very accurate with the intermediate and deep passes. He has more arm strength than the other two quarterbacks he is competing with, but as Renfrow noted after practice, you can throw with touch and less arm strength and still throw a very catchable ball. Chase Brice missed on a few passes but also made some nice throws and was consistent overall.'

I rewatched last year's NC State game....

Aug 9, 2018, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: More Deptula Idiocy.....someone please call him out...... ]

last night and he overthrew 2 long sure bet touchdown passes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s right about one thing, last years starting WR’s

Aug 9, 2018, 11:08 AM

Were the weakest we have had since 2009. We also didn’t have a TE who could get open downfield. Just go back and look at the final drive of the 2016 National Title game and the catches Williams and Leggett made, we didn’t have a player last year who could make those catches.

Or did they just look weak because of the passes being

Aug 9, 2018, 11:22 AM

thrown by KB?

No, none of the starters had the talent of

Aug 9, 2018, 11:46 AM

Williams. The catches Williams made verse BAMA on the final drive wouldn’t have been caught by Cain or McCloud. Cain dropped at least 15 passes identical to those last year and everyone blamed KB2, but the passes would have been dropped if thrown by DW4.

Re: No, none of the starters had the talent of

Aug 9, 2018, 4:32 PM

You mean like the ones at 2:03, 2:51, & 4:10??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goq6Y3_ltWk

Re: Or did they just look weak because of the passes being

Aug 9, 2018, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Or did they just look weak because of the passes being ]

Definitely a factor.

Re: He’s right about one thing, last years starting WR’s

Aug 9, 2018, 2:53 PM [ in reply to He’s right about one thing, last years starting WR’s ]

Disagree completely. Look at Milan Richard wide open at least once for easy TD ... and two KB passes were off at least 10 yds. That’s on the TE? Look for TE position to improve greatly and mysteriously for some on Tnet when Dabo makes QB change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB's numbers could have been a whole lot better.

Aug 14, 2018, 11:59 AM [ in reply to He’s right about one thing, last years starting WR’s ]

Cain for one, had a whole lot of dropped passes last season. Things like that get lost in the black and white statistics.

GO TIGERS!!

Deptula is spot on 90% of the time, however he is

Aug 9, 2018, 11:13 AM

dead wrong about this. The response above regarding an explanation for overthrowing everyone in this year's spring game is a great point. I'll keep saying it...Saban knew Bryant wasn't going to beat them with his arm and they turned up the heat big time to contain. It was the difference in the game.

Re: Deptula is spot on 90% of the time, however he is

Aug 9, 2018, 12:59 PM

He is not spot on 90%,good grief don't applaud him.

You can't call him out because he censors that

Aug 9, 2018, 11:22 AM

3 words not in his vocabulary: "I was wrong"

Aug 9, 2018, 12:02 PM

Correct.......and he also said that Clemson does not beat Alabama last year even if Deshaun Watson was the QB.

Maybe not but I can promise you it would have been a much different game and we would have had a shot at the end. You have to have a balanced offense to beat Bama and Bryant simply can't hit targets on a consistent basis

Aug 9, 2018, 12:06 PM

They'd have had a much better chance, considering 14 of Bama's points were off KB interceptions in Clemson territory. That changes things. Change the QB, those might not have happened... Without those, score was 10-6.

Aug 9, 2018, 4:47 PM

The pick six was pass interference and the play Higgins got on was pass interference. That’s 14 points right there. Cain dropped a wideout pass over the middle that would have put points on the board but you didn’t see that right? It’s all KB s fought. You are such a hater

Aug 13, 2018, 11:23 AM

You're just an idiot. Far from a hater, and never said they were KB's fault all the way, but a different QB out there would have likely had a different read, pass could have been thrown the opposite direction, which means same guy doesn't intercept it. You want me to set up a meeting for you and KB to smooch over it, since you have your tongue rammed half way up his butt??

Aug 13, 2018, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: More Deptula Idiocy.....someone please call him out...... ]

And guess you missed where I posted this on the 3rd...oops. There goes your theory....note the class ring in the center on the name tag??

Aug 13, 2018, 12:24 PM

So the class ring means what ??????

Aug 13, 2018, 12:31 PM

That I'm a REAL Tiger (that graduated Clemson) and not a hater, or a coot....and I still don't have to over-praise a player that clearly has passing issues that need to be worked on if he intends to hold the spot all season just because you don't like it.

lol.. I can go into my buddies office and take a pic of his scar undergrad and

Aug 13, 2018, 12:39 PM

law degrees..

doesnt mean I'm a gamecock.........or does it...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: lol.. I can go into my buddies office and take a pic of his scar undergrad and

Aug 13, 2018, 12:52 PM

You know my name is etched inside the ring, right... And the degree is actually on the wall behind all that. I could also question why you'd be with a coot buddy in McDonalds if you aren't one, but we won't go there. And btw, that's not an office, that's from my house.. Unless you think everyone is in an office at 9:45pm when it was taken and posted direct to you.

Whole family are Tigers, all long standing IPTAY members... Raised and grew up Tiger. And still don't have to agree with you guys one ounce. I have my own opinion, like it or not. I'm not going to sit here and act like a player didn't have improvement spots... That's what we call getting complacent. I'd rather see him improve....unlike you two.

ring? you can pick those up in Hartwell***

Aug 13, 2018, 2:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: ring? you can pick those up in Hartwell***

Aug 14, 2018, 11:30 AM

not with the name that matches my driver's license...or the name that matches a Dean's List.

Aug 9, 2018, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: More Deptula Idiocy.....someone please call him out...... ]

Somebody at the station has to stand for KB to maintain interest. He is the one least affected by criticism so they let it be him

if you listen to him enough you'll notice that he

Aug 9, 2018, 12:05 PM

Actually contradicts himself quite often on different issues. But his regular callers either worship him or are too dumb to call him out on it.

Re: if you listen to him enough you'll notice that he

Aug 9, 2018, 3:04 PM

I'll go for "too dumb".

lines are as always busy but the same 8 guys hey in every day

Aug 13, 2018, 11:46 AM [ in reply to if you listen to him enough you'll notice that he ]

it is a show. . pretty obvious.

SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT

Aug 9, 2018, 12:26 PM

I never listen to anybody on the radio who's last name ends in "tula..."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2018, 12:39 PM

I had him going pretty good the last few days. (I'm texter 417)

He is smoking crack with the kelly Bryant stuff. I'll try to get him going again when I get off around 6ish

Aug 9, 2018, 1:07 PM

Also, there were guys open in every game only if KB would have kept his eyes down field he could have seen them. That's my biggest concern with KB - field vision and pocket awareness. He needs to improve greatly here... ball placement aside which is good when not pressured. Trevor is other worldly in this trait and ball placement even when pressured. As long as KB has time and his first read is open, he does well. The problem is when he doesn't have time it will be third and long real quick. Trevor is a natural at the position and KB has to work at the position. Only thing Trevor lacks is experience and as soon as he has that, he starts.

Aug 13, 2018, 12:21 PM

I agree. My biggest frustration with KB is pulling the ball down and running into a sack when he still had a clean pocket.

A couple of things about Deptula...

Aug 9, 2018, 3:31 PM

1. He NEVER admits to being wrong. He always leaves his predictions open to that he can backpedal if he needs to. If his prediction is wrong, he'll say that he wasn't confident in it and that he really knew the other outcome would happen.

2. If you call him out on something, he'll ban you from his show and/or social media. The guy just can't handle someone criticizing his usual load of BS.

3. He has been wrong MULTIPLE times. He's certainly no guru. I remember when he basically gave Clemson no chance against Oklahoma in the 2015 Orange Bowl. And he's always acted like Paul Johnson was the next Nick Saban. LOL

Wonder how big a headset WCCP had to buy to get it on Walt's

Aug 9, 2018, 4:31 PM

head?

Anybody with that kind of theme song in a minor market (compared to M&M, DP, etc) must have hard time getting through the door.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Aug 9, 2018, 4:49 PM

I'm tracking all of his win totals picks this season, including the juice for each bet. He brags about crushing Vegas, but I expect he's barely breaking even when you factor in the juice. He's given out 23 win total picks this year, with many of them having bet lines of -150 or higher. Even if he wins 2 out of 3, he'd just be breaking even. It will be interesting to see, and I will definitely share the results with him if he brags about them being any better than they actually are.

I'm also tracking some of his bold statements, including things like...

UCF RB Killins rushing for over 200 yds vs UNC
VT only being a 4-5 win team
Ohio could win 10-11 games
GT will easily win the Coastal
AJ Dillon may set an all-time rushing record when he plays Miami

null

Aug 13, 2018, 11:33 AM

someone did that the past two years. If I remember he as something like 45% ish right on his picks.

gonna be a rough day for him with Woods today***

Aug 13, 2018, 11:16 AM

well. tua played in more than just a half of a game. the half you refer 2 was the NC

Aug 13, 2018, 11:32 AM

when he was.down

perhaps deptoola's opinion would be diffetent for TL if he actually played in any collegiate game.

Re: well. tua played in more than just a half of a game. the half you refer 2 was the NC

Aug 13, 2018, 11:38 AM

Hope he don't think Kansas State's going to win the national championship like he did last year ... But he's better than Vegas what a joke !!

fortunately for him, his job isnt to beat Vegas. .his job ..like the rest

Aug 13, 2018, 11:44 AM

of them. .it is to get clcks

Re: well. tua played in more than just a half of a game. the half you refer 2 was the NC

Aug 13, 2018, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: well. tua played in more than just a half of a game. the half you refer 2 was the NC ]

Hasbro,one day last week he had Ramona go over Clemson's schedule game by game and when she got to Georgia tech he paused dramatically and said it will be a much tougher game for us than people expect. Clemson will destroy Tech at the line of scrimmage just as we have done the last 3 years.

Aug 13, 2018, 11:51 AM

True and he also said Tiger Woods would never play 4 days in a row of good golf well that's wrong we All seen that this past weekend .

Aug 13, 2018, 12:05 PM

Plus he said you can't go by the spring game even when Lawrence looked a lot better but he said in last year's spring game at Alabama tua was head and shoulders better than Hurst he don't make any sense so I guess you can go by the spring game Walt .

Aug 13, 2018, 12:13 PM

Make that Jalen hurts .

^ Clearly that radio person's scok.***

Aug 13, 2018, 12:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Why do you need somebody else to do the

Aug 14, 2018, 11:34 AM

calling out?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHAT the david hale is wrong with some of ya'll

Aug 14, 2018, 11:54 AM

ya'll talk about KB like he's Hillary Clinton or something. Like hes the enemy. KB is a Clemson man tried and true. I'm up for a good QB debate as much as anyone but some people have let this go too far.

Keep in mind the object is to win. Whether its KB, TL or CB. All these dudes are Clemson players. This aint' Jake Bentley or Steve Taneyhill. Last thing I want to see is Clemson have a great year and we have to hear a bunch or whining naysayers and junk talkers that are watching Clemson games in hopes that we can gain ammo to hate on our own guys. Which is why everyone is being called a coot or coKlover on here so much.BC obviously Clemson people have more sense then that.

Its all good. Dabo is the man for the job. We're good to go with two/three winners at QB. Now lets just watch and see how it all plays out.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic