Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Petty little man throws temper tantrum
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 634

Petty little man throws temper tantrum

Jan 17, 2019, 2:58 PM

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/425887-trump-fires-back-at-pelosi-cancels-her-foreign-travel

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love it.***

Jan 17, 2019, 2:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got to give him credit for this response.

Jan 17, 2019, 3:02 PM

She stooped to his level of pettiness and his response is actually spot on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moar like "Petty OP".......***

Jan 17, 2019, 3:05 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The classic I know you are but what am I argument.

Jan 17, 2019, 3:08 PM

Tomorrow's talking points include Mueller is the real Russian agent because he who smelt it dealt it.

Wow. It gets better. He cancelled the flight 1 hour before

Jan 17, 2019, 3:13 PM

takeoff. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She's probably going to give him all the wall money now.***

Jan 17, 2019, 3:17 PM

Chess match getting good. popcorn.gif!***

Jan 17, 2019, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Wow. It gets better. He cancelled the flight 1 hour before ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as long as Mick doesnt eff it up***

Jan 17, 2019, 3:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome response by Trump!!!!!***

Jan 17, 2019, 3:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She can afford to fly commercial

Even Economy Plus.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

surely a lobbyist can provide a jet***

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, there's a whole "delegation" that needs to fly

Jan 17, 2019, 3:18 PM [ in reply to She can afford to fly commercial ]

Ghana cost some bills. More than feeding the whole Clemson football team hamburgers.

I'm sure she can cover it....

Jan 17, 2019, 3:20 PM

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-politicians/democrats/nancy-pelosi-net-worth/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

its really odd how all these politicians get rich***

Jan 17, 2019, 3:27 PM

One begets the other. Some people make a lot of $$$, then

Jan 17, 2019, 4:56 PM

become powerful. Others become powerful and then get $$$. The two always go together for some odd reason.

I guess I'm missing something...

Jan 17, 2019, 3:35 PM

I read the letter Pelosi sent, and the one thing that I immediately got out of it is that she didn't interject politics at all, but just laid out facts to support the rescheduling of the address. So I was very surprised when the reaction has been that it was a political ploy.

What am I missing about this letter? Did she overstate the impact on the shutdown to security forces? Or did she overstate the security needed for the address?

Homeland security says there is no security problem

Jan 17, 2019, 3:37 PM

obviously, the SOTU is a huge media event which will hurt Pelosi

Well, if Homeland Security says that, I believe them.

Jan 17, 2019, 3:39 PM

I don't see why the SOTU would hurt Pelosi, though. Everyone who already doesn't like Pelosi will love the SOTU, and everyone who does like Pelosi will hate the SOTU. No one's going to change their mind about all this.

I mean, I really did read the letter, and my first thought

Jan 17, 2019, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Homeland security says there is no security problem ]

was "Wow, I'm impressed she was able to put all this political junk aside and think of some common good." I guess I was off.

She has no business on foreign trips anyway

Jan 17, 2019, 3:41 PM

unless she is sent by the President.

The Marshall "Sole Organ" Doctrine is well established and was upheld by the Supreme Court.

The Executive Branch relies in part on the “sole organ” doctrine to define presidential
power broadly in foreign relations and national security, including assertions of an
inherent executive power that is not subject to legislative or judicial constraints. The
doctrine draws from a statement by John Marshall when he served in the House of
Representatives in 1800: “The President is the sole organ of the nation in its external
relations, and its sole representative with foreign nations.”
The Supreme Court, in United States v. Curtiss-Wright (1936), cited Marshall’s speech in arguing for inherent presidential powers in external relations. When read in context, however, Marshall’s speech does not support an independent, extra-constitutional or exclusive power of the President in foreign relations. The concept of an Executive having sole power over
foreign relations borrows from other sources, including the British model of a royal
prerogative.

https://fas.org/sgp/eprint/fisher.pdf

only Congress has the War Power. She (and others in

Jan 17, 2019, 3:46 PM

the congress) have a duty to be fully abreast of world affairs and sometimes this means visiting abroad and in war zones.

had no idea Brussels was at war***

Jan 17, 2019, 3:50 PM

Good for him. Love having a president that fights for

Jan 17, 2019, 3:57 PM

Americans rather than non-citizens.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 634
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic