Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, deroberts has posed an excellent Clemson basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

So, deroberts has posed an excellent Clemson basketball

Apr 12, 2019, 11:32 AM

question - "SO SNOWFLAKE WHAT OTHER RESOURCES DO WE NEED?"

Does anybody have an answer to that question?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, deroberts has posed an excellent Clemson basketball

Apr 12, 2019, 11:36 AM

Do you we fly our players on commercial planes or do we charter private jets? UCLA is switching to private charters starting next season. Also, how is our players lounge area compared to other top programs? I don't have those answers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2019, 11:40 AM

You lost me at excellent

I quit reading at "deroberts"***

Apr 13, 2019, 10:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Large quantities of gold & silver, maybe diamonds or ...

Apr 12, 2019, 11:45 AM

Even oil and natural gas reserves.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I THINK WE NEED AN INDOOR SKI SLOPE

Apr 12, 2019, 11:47 AM

THAT WOULD MAKE US VERY UNIQUE

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: I THINK WE NEED AN INDOOR SKI SLOPE

Apr 12, 2019, 11:52 AM

That and a petting zoo.

Apr 12, 2019, 1:51 PM

great stress relief for those of the snowflake persuasion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 12, 2019, 1:59 PM

the ? then begs.would this safe zone petting zoo also be available to the rest of the student population,because it could be misconstrued as an unfair recruiting incentive if it weren't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 12, 2019, 1:50 PM [ in reply to I THINK WE NEED AN INDOOR SKI SLOPE ]

bobsled or luge runs might also be considered.

null

Biggest resource we needed this past year was luck

Apr 12, 2019, 11:53 AM

... in the six games we lost by 2 points.

Hit one more 3-pointer in each of those games and we’re not even having these discussions.

Blame it on coaching, blame it on skill, blame it on whatever you choose, but the fact is ... we made the shots in 2018 and we didn’t in 2019 and the difference was an NCAA bid and the perception that Brad Brownell couldn’t coach ... again.

I choose to blame it on luck. At least for now.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Biggest resource we needed this past year was luck

Apr 12, 2019, 12:15 PM

We really didn't have the shooters. Luckily we have some quality guards on the way.

Given our history of talent evaluation and development

Apr 12, 2019, 12:24 PM

I would imagine we don't get much shooting out of our freshmen guards next year. Odds are, one will end up transferring.

With only two lightly experienced guards returning and what we have seen of them, next year will be a struggle on the perimeter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Given our history of talent evaluation and development

Apr 12, 2019, 12:58 PM

I think we are upgrading talent, so time will tell.

It looks like 2 of our recruits have the potential to

Apr 12, 2019, 1:11 PM

contribute down the road in the ACC, though probably not next year. We lost 3 senior starters and our rising senior 1st big man off the bench. The numbers don't add up.

We just can't seem to get over the hump from a recruiting and roster management standpoint. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

make that 4 senior starters.

Apr 12, 2019, 1:15 PM

That math is even worse than I suggested. :)

Re: It looks like 2 of our recruits have the potential to

Apr 12, 2019, 1:18 PM [ in reply to It looks like 2 of our recruits have the potential to ]

I think all 3 of them look like they will contribute down the road. I love their film. Hunter and Hemmenway look even better than Dawes does to me. I realize Dawes is higher rated though. They all look good to me though.

Our bigs are cycling out, so they better

Apr 12, 2019, 1:25 PM

be good fast.

We lost Skara and Thomas this year. We lose Jemison next year and Baehre, Simms and William(who may transfer) the following year.

Are Drad and Brownell counting on a big year in two years like they expected this year?

Re: Our bigs are cycling out, so they better

Apr 12, 2019, 1:31 PM

Losing White hurts. We needed him next year. I believe we have 3 more years of eligibility left with Jemison. Hopefully he develops, because he looked like he has a long way to go to not be a liability.

Jemison was a FR this year, he's got 3 more years***

Apr 12, 2019, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Our bigs are cycling out, so they better ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled 9 years.***

Apr 12, 2019, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Biggest resource we needed this past year was luck ]

Apr 12, 2019, 12:55 PM

question - "SO SNOWFLAKE WHAT OTHER RESOURCES DO WE NEED?"

Does anybody have an answer to that question?

A top flight proven coach would cost closer to $4MM - $5MM per year. This would attract a big name coach and keep him here (See VT as an example of flying the coupe). Said could would likey need top flight assistants and staff approximately doubling the current spending of ~ $4.5MM per year. The other thing is bells + whistles. We have 100 years of being average or less. We cant take JUCOs and have no natural recruiting territory so a splash building (see Clemson football as an example) is a must. Something to show talented players we care about basketball and are committed to the success of the program. Expect ~$30MM+ which is approximately the cost of an IPF.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

So the facilities we built just 3 years ago

Apr 12, 2019, 1:11 PM

Are obsolete? There is nothing wrong with our facilities right now. Bells and whistles are nice, but recruiters who evaluate talent and close are what will get players?

This bells and whistles are a tool in football, but it's the fact the staff and head coach are top notch recruiters, and wins and trophies, that land us top players, not a slide or putt-putt course

We need to overspend due to our mediocre history, if our

Apr 12, 2019, 1:17 PM

facilities are on par with teams that have a winning tradition, we are at a disadvantage...Why don't more people realize this?

Bingo.

Apr 12, 2019, 1:21 PM

I agree, this should be quite obvious to everyone. Yet we still have a lot of posters here who think that because we put some money into facilities, all it should take is an ace recruiter to put us in the top 25 every year. Nevermind the fact that we are also having to overcome our awful basketball history and low basketball budget.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Bingo.

Apr 12, 2019, 1:39 PM

even with all of that we would still need a coach with some answers and one thats willing to mix it up if things aren't going our way. That is what made me really turn off the "maybe BB can fix the program" train because he doesn't want to change when the same old stuff obviously isn't working.

We still have just a couple posters who think facilities

Apr 12, 2019, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Bingo. ]

help a coach coach better.

They don't help him coach, they attract BETTER players

Apr 12, 2019, 3:22 PM

Einstein...Really simple to follow

Again, "Einstein", there are numerous programs who spend

Apr 12, 2019, 3:26 PM

money, get recruits, and still lose. I thought we already covered that, several times? Coaching is obvious even with mid-tier players.

Please stop with the angst, ace. It's a bad look for you.

This isn't a coaching problem Slick, it's a Clemson

Apr 12, 2019, 3:28 PM

Basketball problem...get a clue

9 years says you're being nonsensical. No two ways about it

Apr 12, 2019, 3:31 PM

It's bizarre how you can't grasp that. Clemson's history is not responsible for Brad's coaching or recruiting ability. We have nice enough facilities to attract players. We have had players..4 seniors this past year in fact.

You're an idiot, there's really nothing else to say to you

Apr 12, 2019, 3:32 PM

if you can't see past Brownell...I've given you the benefit of the doubt as long as I can

I see Brownell and past him. 9 years of data is highly

Apr 12, 2019, 3:35 PM

significant. Math much?

I honestly feel sorry for you and your angst. Take a blood pressure pill or Xanax before posting next.

I feel sorry for your ignorance ...You seem to think this is

Apr 12, 2019, 3:39 PM

a nine year problem...Exactly how old are you?

You seem to think 9 years isn't a significant dataset.

Apr 12, 2019, 3:42 PM

Hint: It is. It's highly significant. Have we or have we not had coaches who could coach wins here, with far worse facilities?

Can you make one post, just one, without the angst?

Where is this angst? Please provide specific examples***

Apr 12, 2019, 3:47 PM

Right off the top:

Apr 12, 2019, 3:54 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Youre-an-idiot-theres-really-nothing-else-to-say-to-you-25321302

Maybe "anger" makes more sense to you? You okay man? Settle down.

All you've proven is that you didn't know what angst meant

Apr 12, 2019, 3:58 PM

the multiple times you used it...You still look like an idiot

Re: I see Brownell and past him. 9 years of data is highly

Apr 13, 2019, 9:45 PM [ in reply to I see Brownell and past him. 9 years of data is highly ]

Please tell just doctor to start prescribing Xanax and Valium for me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree.

Apr 12, 2019, 1:26 PM [ in reply to We need to overspend due to our mediocre history, if our ]

But, don't half ### it. Go all in and get a coach that can take advantage of those things.

Re: Agree.

Apr 12, 2019, 1:41 PM

Yes. But what coach?

This year was very, very thin on available coach talent as VT learned the hard way. Or do you want the TCU example of going "all in" with cash does not always buy wins for a lack-luster program. VT is willing to spend more than us (and UVA) but that does not mean you can keep a coach. Next, lol at their football program.

In both cases, we still have the better coach IMO for our situation. We are still building. BB kept us from imploding in the post OP era (being both homeless and our lack of BB history is a tough sell), he has beaten our normal "success curve" in an era of declining mid-level power 5 teams. Treading water and the Sweet 16 has been a success... to those that actually follow basketball rather than record-thumpers.

Even if we part ways with brad in 1-2 years, the program has been kept in good shape and we are not a 'rebuild' Shyatt, Pitt, Wake, or GT level "problem program rebuild". Stability will actually help attract a better coach. because coaches care more than just salary... and we lack in everything but salary. Now, (unlike what OP left us) we have a stable program that can transition.

Overspend on what facility wise?

Apr 12, 2019, 1:28 PM [ in reply to We need to overspend due to our mediocre history, if our ]

No slide, movie theater, nap area, whatever is going to be the deciding factor for a top recruit. Recruiting is relationships, and sales, period. Bells and whistles are floor mats and free oil changes for a year. Unless the recruit is an imbecile, he's buying the car, not the add ons. The add ons are just perks

Re: Overspend on what facility wise?

Apr 12, 2019, 1:46 PM

I dont know... fake courses, h00kers and ca$h payment did wonders for a lot of programs.

But here is another thing... how about y'all show up at the basketball games huh? Recruits like to play in front of people, not empty grey seats. That is why VCU is an easier sale than Clemson.

They win

Apr 12, 2019, 1:52 PM

that's what draws fans. I'm certainly not saying cheat, but the answer to attendance is better players and wins. No slide, nap area or game room will be the deciding factor for the type player we need. That has to come from coaches able to sell a Vision and close deals

Re: They win

Apr 12, 2019, 2:08 PM

VCU has supported basketball very, very well, but especially after the introduction of the Seigle Center (Stu). Even then, their investment has been decades before their success. Success came after! But they attended the games way before 2011.

Because theyve won for 40 years***

Apr 12, 2019, 2:26 PM

Re: Because theyve won for 40 years***

Apr 12, 2019, 2:37 PM

They have only been around for 50 years, their 80 NCAA appearance is the first same as ours and it isn't like they attracted big opponents in the Sunbelt/Metro conferences. Heck, they were left out of C-USA merger. They had a rough 90s period that lasted into the 2000s.

They have won consistently for years

Apr 12, 2019, 5:19 PM

Sent numerous coaches to higher levels going back to Sonny Smith. They dont have football so that's a plus for their hoops, but they have a far, far better history than us. Heck they steal top 100 recruits from SC who we want

How do you get better players? Do facilities play a part in

Apr 12, 2019, 3:24 PM [ in reply to They win ]

that?

Yes, of course facilities play a part in that. And we have

Apr 12, 2019, 3:37 PM

them. Definitely more than enough to support or expose a guy's coaching and recruiting ability.

This wasn't a Brad post Einstein, why do you insist on

Apr 12, 2019, 3:50 PM

making a discussion of facilities and resources all revolve around Brad? You only have one track?

You don't often make sense and now you're just getting

Apr 12, 2019, 3:55 PM

ridiculous.

I don't often make sense? Talk much?***

Apr 12, 2019, 3:56 PM

Win and they will come JudgeDoc. How many times must that be

Apr 12, 2019, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Overspend on what facility wise? ]

said for it sink in?

Re: Overspend on what facility wise?

Apr 12, 2019, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Overspend on what facility wise? ]

We could pay rabid fans to attend and fill the empty seats, cheer on our team and coaches, and maybe, just maybe impress the recruits that we can get to drop in. Most complainers on here sure as heck aren't at the games. I know -- I've looked for them!!

Might help to get the 20K students

Apr 12, 2019, 1:55 PM

on campus excited about going to a game where we're not playing Dook or NC

We're doomed if that's the case...Fat bald men don't get hot

Apr 12, 2019, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Overspend on what facility wise? ]

girls without money...And if a good looking guy with the same money wants her, he gets her...What are you not following?

We have spent enough to know what we have right now

Apr 12, 2019, 3:19 PM [ in reply to We need to overspend due to our mediocre history, if our ]

Why don't you get that?

What we have is a knife in a gun fight, if we want to get

Apr 12, 2019, 3:26 PM

better consistently, we are going to have to overspend to make up for the last 50 years

That's a WILD exageration. Stop with that nonsense.

Apr 12, 2019, 3:28 PM

And Brad has had 9 years. NINE years. His coaching ability is obvious at this point.

Again with Brad, fire him and we still have our problem***

Apr 12, 2019, 3:29 PM

Wrong. We don't have the problem you say we do. We have a

Apr 12, 2019, 3:32 PM

coach who loses at home in the NIT, with 4 seniors. Breathe and think that over please.

I think we need new basketballs.

Apr 12, 2019, 1:52 PM

Once that go into the baskets, to be more specific.

Apr 12, 2019, 3:46 PM

So why not just reply to that post instead of making this "look at me" cry for attention post?

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

“It’s not the building. It’s the people in the building that matters the most.” -Dabo Swinney***

Apr 12, 2019, 6:41 PM

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic