Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last year vs Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,575

Last year vs Bama

Dec 7, 2018, 9:04 AM

I was hoping with a month to prepare that we would have had a plan B if things were not working.
I thought maybe they would have had HJ with some packages but the Coaches rode what got them there
Do you think we add a few wrinkles for the CFP
this year or stay with same .
I really hope we use tempo more and just go fast .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last year vs Bama

Dec 7, 2018, 9:13 AM

I just hope Dabo isn't planning to use plan "B" against Notre Dame.
DO THAT, AND YOU WON'T NEED ANYTHING DIFFERENT AGAINST BAMA BECAUSE YOU WON'T PLAY THEM.
Why is everybody ASSUMING we are going to beat Notre Dame. I don't think Dabo is ASSUMING we are going to beat Notre Dame.
They are there for a reason. They have a pretty good football team.

Michigan State and

Dec 7, 2018, 9:21 AM

tOSU were there for a reason. Washington, too. A 'reason' isn't enough.

'We'? LOL...puhleaze!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YeP..i was surprised about no plan B, But..

Dec 7, 2018, 9:16 AM

game was close stating 2nd half, got 3 instead of 7 pts which was ok but all hail broke loose with 2 quick TD’s..one off pick.

If coaches had had a crystal ball to know the above then believe they’d made changes for sure.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2018, 9:25 AM

Even if the coaches had a plan B, I doubt they were thinking they needed it as we were at midfield and driving to try to get 1 point down or possibly even the score with a 2 pt conversion.

A freak play happened where the ball may or may not have come out on time, a running back blew a blocking assignment, and a tipped ball popped into the air and resulted in a quick easy TD for Bama.

Then the very next offensive play resulted in a defensive TD for Bama.

I'm guessing prior to those 2 plays the coaches were thinking it would take 20-24 points to win the game with the way our defense was playing. If our offense doesn't get involved in Bama's point production they were likely correct.

Heading down the field to get to within one score of what we probably needed is not exactly the time to play a wildcard backup QB to see if it makes us better. 2 plays later the game was over and it didn't matter who was at QB.

Dec 7, 2018, 10:05 AM

We were driving but the score was only 10-6 at the time. Had we scored a TD we would have gone up by 3 points at that point or a FG we would have only been down by 1. Bama should not have scored at all in the second half. Our defense had shut them down after that short fields they had to get the 10 points they had. Bama didn't have a drive that was over 60 yards the entire game and in the second half their longest drive was like 25 yards. That game should have been 12 to 10 with us winning.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2018, 10:08 AM

You are right. Not sure why I was thinking it was 14-6. Faulty math on my part.

Even more reason why there was no need to bail on the plan for a wild card option at QB.

Dec 7, 2018, 11:44 AM

Yea, our defense had that game completely under control. the back to back turnovers killed us in that game. Of course Bama's defense keyed off on KB and made it hard for us to move the ball. They were daring us to throw the ball and knew KB could beat them through the air. Their defense isn't as good this year. The only real question is can TL stand under the hits they'll take on him (most cheap shots) like DW did. if he can it's going to be a long night for that Bama's defense. Watching the Bama's offense this year their o-line isn't as good as in the past either. Teams that put pressure on their QB has had some success early. The real problem is those teams couldn't muster any drives to give their defense a rest. That's where our depth is really going to help us. We can pressure Tua and every team that has he has struggled with. at one point he was 3 for 11 against UGA but UGA couldn't keep the pressure on him because they didn't have the depth to keep pressure on him. when UGA went up by 14 they decided to take a break and Bama came back. Hurts gets a lot of credit but if Tua hadn't gotten hurt the results would have been the same.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2018, 9:26 AM

Inept QB was issue. Not even close to being the same situation THIS YEAR.

We were limited with the QB we had last year.***

Dec 7, 2018, 9:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

This is not the same team Bama abused last year

Dec 7, 2018, 9:37 AM

at least not on offense. We were so one-dimensional last year on O we really didn't have much of a chance against them.

This year's team much more closely resembles the 2015 and 2016 versions. The D may be better up front than those teams. The secondary is going to have to show up though.

On offense, we're way ahead of last year. We will definitely be competitive. If we avoid turnovers and other costly mistakes like penalties that sustain Bama drives, we could actually win it all.

And yes, I realize we have to beat ND first. I expect to cover and then some. These boys ain't messing around.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,575
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic