Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Miami and Manny Diaz
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Miami and Manny Diaz

Jan 22, 2019, 11:41 AM

Just read this article on ESPN.com - http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25803867/how-manny-diaz-miami-thinking-big-again - and sounds like he has a good thing going. Also sounds a lot like the Tommy Bowden/Dabo Swinney Clemson situation. A guy from inside the program, never been a HC, and with lots of enthusiasm, emotion, and a clear plan, following a coach who had high expectations but never quite got there. Granted, Richt's term was a lot less than Tommy's, but there are some at least slim similarities.

I'm not a conference homer, but the truth is, the better the ACC is, the better we look and are. We play our best when we're challenged, and our players learn the most, I think. I hope the ACC can pick things back up and we can have some teams on the schedule - regular sched and ACCCG - that can better our SOS and also help our guys elevate their game even more.

Will be interesting to see how the new Manny Hurricanes do this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I completely agree

Jan 22, 2019, 11:49 AM

Energy and enthusiasm seem to be just as important in collegiate head coaching as x's and o's. I wish much success down there until the ACC championship game.

Re: Miami and Manny Diaz

Jan 22, 2019, 11:49 AM

I could be totally off base but I think a major difference between Diaz and Swinney will be the culture set in the program.

I think Diaz has a bit of a rogue personality.

Jan 22, 2019, 12:01 PM

Agreed - Dabo has nearly ummatched character in college football. Comparing mostly the way by which they came in to the job and their enthusiasm and pre-existing game plan for what they wanted for the program.

Jan 22, 2019, 11:54 AM

I think teams will have as much success finding a 2nd Dabo as NFL teams have with finding a 2nd Belichick. None.

Jan 22, 2019, 12:02 PM

There will never be another Dabo. Thankfully we have the only one! But there are similarities between the two and the jury is WAY out on how he'll do, but I hope they can get that program competitive again.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic