Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Message removed by Author
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,170

Jan 29, 2019, 9:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Came across this on my "google feed." Just the messenger..

Jan 29, 2019, 10:07 AM

I do not doubt that Trump was a reason some of the players did not go, along with the short notice and scheduling issues. I think Dabo handled it well and apparently did not push or try to force players to go.

I think this article is trying to make more out of it though and it is click bait, especially this long after the visit. And I do not buy into the playing time or scholarship comments either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Came across this on my "google feed." Just the messenger..

Jan 29, 2019, 10:07 AM

The Root sounds like a source I would not want to trust. I do not know why some did not go I am sure Trump was the reason and I also think for some they had already been so they did not want to go. It is over so time to move on from this crap as a team. I do agree with one player that it will be a pretty good story to tell their grand kids some day that they had a big mac with the President of the United States like him or not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeh, I thought about whether it was worth posting or not

Jan 29, 2019, 10:15 AM

Its old news in one sense, but new in that they were quoting 3 unnamed players. I don't think it was untrue, but I do think that myself, and nobody else, is interested in the story carrying on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,170
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic