Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A louisville fan told me that their fans were taking bets on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

A louisville fan told me that their fans were taking bets on

Oct 30, 2018, 10:16 AM

whether or not Clemson would have to punt at all on Saturday.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully not...

Oct 30, 2018, 10:18 AM

That's the one area of the game where Clemson remains mediocre at best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Hopefully not...

Oct 30, 2018, 10:20 AM

It is hard to attract decent punting because we just do not offer a lot of playing time. Maybe if we make them a 4th string QB...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The nations No. 1 punter is committed to Clemson...

Oct 30, 2018, 2:23 PM

With a average of 48 yards per punt, he'll likely be the starter next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mediocre at best?

Oct 30, 2018, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Hopefully not... ]

That seems generous

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Mediocre at best?

Oct 30, 2018, 11:49 AM

I'm not saying Spiers is great or even above average by any means. I definitely think that punting is the weakest part of our game. But, I would like to know how many of his punts are "pooch" punts, trying to pin the opponent inside their own 20. Like I said, I have seen him kick plenty of ducks but I'm sure his average is affected a lot by the fact that we are trying to hold them deep. The rugby style kick with the roll worked well in the 2nd half against FSU when he had some space.

I agree- an often overlooked stat and often not readily

Oct 30, 2018, 11:59 AM

published is the inside 20 #. Considering that most of our non-scoring drives probably end around mid-field and our d get us the ball back close to plus territory often, then we are likely kicking for an inside the 20 result not distance. I don't recall FSU returning any kicks- the shank was bad- yet their returner was a huge concern going into the game. The mixing in of the rolling to punt rugby punts allows our coverage to get down field. Spiers has been versatile in this aspect and it's often overlooked. Punting- other than shanks- doesn't really have the potential to hurt us unless we are forced to punt from inside our 25-30 and especially inside the 15-- this could become a factor against playoff caliber d's- that should be our biggest concern.

The problem is...

Oct 30, 2018, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Mediocre at best? ]

most all of his punts look like pooch punts

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic