Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Media since we beat Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Media since we beat Bama

Jul 5, 2019, 11:17 AM

I’m not the type of fan that really gets annoyed when people throw shade at us. We are the Champs so that speaks for itself.

With that being said it seems to be the media in general has not at all been congratulatory but instead have not respected our win as much and has made excuses for Alabama. Also talk of our schedule etc.

It seems as though there is something new every week that I don’t remember happening when Ohio State won theirs or when FSU beat Auburn for their title.

Is it just me?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ YeP..you're not making it up since we busted their dreams & bias narratives

Jul 5, 2019, 11:23 AM

especially concerning the best program in last 10 years as well as the best ever Bama Team ever.

44-16!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Media since we beat Bama

Jul 5, 2019, 12:07 PM

The media has been coming around - grudgingly - we just have to keep recruiting and keep winning.

I said when we won that we should enjoy the first...

Jul 5, 2019, 12:24 PM

two weeks of praise and respect that it wouldn't take long for them to get their heads back in Saban's butt crack. I don't see how they can be thinking straight since they can't breathe unless Saban farts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2019, 12:51 PM

What "media"?

The SEC network guys? That's what they get paid to do, is pump their conference. Right now they've got a very embarrassing loss still lingering over their head.

Most everybody else I've seen seems to be floating the notion that Clemson, not Alabama, may have become the nation's dominant program.

Also sorry, we're going to get hit with the "weak conference" stick as long as FSU is down - and right now, they're further down than I ever honestly thought FSU could go - and somebody emerges as a legit power in the ACC Coastal, which is "mediocre" only by extremely generous standards. Miami and VT just are not doing what they were brought into the ACC to do, never really have, and nobody else has stepped into the void they left. UNC hasn't, Pitt hasn't, and only UVA has shown any recent signs of life.

Also, the verdict has come in on Louisville now that they can't recruit partial qualifiers anymore like they could in their Big East days: they're not very good. Once their partials and laundry list of transfers graduated they've fallen to nothing short of dismal and it could be awhile before they find their footing again.

That leaves Clemson, NC State, and Syracuse as the standard-bearers for the Atlantic, and the gulf between us and #2 and #3 is quite large.

So, yeah, people are going to bring up the weak state of the ACC, and it definitely doesn't hurt us. We can play a bunch of guys, develop a bunch of depth, keep the wear and tear off the starters...and Dabo has squeezed every possible drop of blood out of that advantage he can. Which is what good coaches do.

So, sure, we have an advantage, for the moment, anyhow. But those things are cyclical, too, and it wasn't long ago that the SEC East - which included Georgia - was in such rotten shape it made the ACC Coastal look like murderer's row in comparison. And it's not like the Big 12 is particularly good once you get past Oklahoma, or the Big 10 West...which is dominated by Wisconsin. Wisconsin.

So I just shrug. No, we're not the SEC West. But nobody else is...and frankly, the SEC West isn't even close to being what it was even two years ago either.

Jul 5, 2019, 1:46 PM

Short term memory is a wonderful thing, but Va Tech never accomplished what they were brought into the conference to do? C'mon. And this huge gulf you describe between us and Syracuse almost handed us our heads the past two years in a row.

Jul 5, 2019, 2:41 PM

Syracuse has done well against us, and I'll admit they're trending up. Dino Babers is a heckuva coach. They still seat 40K (max) in that indoor practice facility they call a stadium, and while they went 10-3 last year they were just 4-8 the year before that...and oh, yeah, they're breaking in a new QB, a new LT, and more than half their standing D from last year. I don't think they're as good this year as they were in 2019.

As for VT...I'll admit they were pretty good their first eight years in the ACC and won 10+ every year, and they did win the ACC in 2007 and 2008, though they were just 10-3 both years and had 3+ losses every year but one as well...the Hokies were just pretty durn good in that span, never elite. Since 2012, though...meh. They were 7-6 in 2012, 8-5 in 2013, 7-6 in 2014, 7-6 in 2015, and were back up to 10-3 in 2016 when they played us in the ACC title game...and then were back to 9-4 in 2017 and fell all the way to 6-7 last year.

That's more than decent, I suppose, and certainly heads above what Miami brought to the table, but as far as being a program of national reknown that elevates the conference, I would argue they've been a notch short of that, though "mildly disappointing" is still about five notches above what the Hurricanes have done since joining the ACC.

Jul 5, 2019, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Media since we beat Bama ]

no they did hand us our heads with intentional injuries to KB and TL.they weren't accidents.ND and alabama tried the same tactics with thankfully no success.have a feeling Tigers be looking for a little payback,especially with syracuse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 5, 2019, 2:16 PM

Their job is to write things to get the attention and make their bosses the money .

I like that we have an imagined mountain to climb ( on the field we've summited it already ) as they will continue to drive the narrative that we play weak schedules and that is part of the reason we're now on top .
Love it .

44-16

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic