Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Write up: Brad Brownell underappreciated...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,233

Write up: Brad Brownell underappreciated...

Mar 11, 2019, 12:29 PM

By Clemson fans?

http://allsportsdiscussion.com/2019/03/09/is-brad-brownell-underappreciated-by-clemson-fans-mattzemek-answers/

Did the Judge write this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Write up: Brad Brownell underappreciated...

Mar 11, 2019, 12:36 PM

Over-appreciated by some and underappreciated by others.

I'd say it evens out.

I'd say there is the right amount of appreciation for

Mar 11, 2019, 12:38 PM

a coach who is in year 9 and may or may not make the NCAA Tournament for a 3rd time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I'd say there is the right amount of appreciation for

Mar 11, 2019, 11:00 PM

GWPTiger® said:

a coach who is in year 9 and may or may not make the NCAA Tournament for a 3rd time.

Brad is effectly in year three. He did not have anything to recruit against the first five years and did not have a gym to play in year six. He raised the funds for the new facility and recruiting has picked up since opening the new facility

Exactly. So true.

Mar 11, 2019, 11:13 PM

This should be easy for anyone who actually supports our program and coach to understand. Unfortunately, we seem to have some posters here who go out of their way to paint his tenure in as poorly a light as possible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 11, 2019, 12:53 PM

Actually, I think judge has written better. Honestly I think GW has it about right. I don’t keep up with Brads graduation numbers etc as I do in football but if they’re up along with what I perceive as obvious credibility and integrity with CBB then he’s probably not doing a bad job since student athletes are a priority over winning at all cost... will wade etc.

Yeah, I’ve heard the argument that he returned 4 seniors but maybe the competition was better. As dookie has proved, maybe one player does make that much of a difference. In or out of the ncaa, I’d say he’s earned another year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When it comes to integrity and leading our Clemson men

Mar 11, 2019, 12:58 PM

on and off the court, Brad Brownell is unquestionably one of the best there is. I remember a couple years ago he had a school record 90% graduation success rate or something (going off memory so I may be off a little). It is so difficult to achieve that in college basketball today. When was the last time one of his players had an off court issue? I don't remember any. The closest I recall is a player having a meal paid for or some bullshyatt like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Mar 11, 2019, 2:07 PM

My worry would be that we Herb Sendek Brad Brownell

If you don't know that case, then think of NC State success the past 10 years.

NC State's fans go frustrated and critical of Herb always "finishing 2nd" to early 2000s Duke. Despite a Sweet Sixteen appearance and five straight NCAA, it was not enough. Fans ignored that State was irrelevant for the past 20 years, but that constant swiping cause Herb to leave a building program. What folks did not realize was that Herb was upcoaching the talent he could get. That NC State team was maybe a .500 team at best but he could get 22 wins out of them and be slightly above .500 most season. NC State did not realize that Herb was about adding 5+ wins and could normally make a good tournament push. Now, Gottfried is a good coach but how long will state keep with him?

Mar 11, 2019, 7:10 PM

FutureDoc said:

My worry would be that we Herb Sendek Brad Brownell

If you don't know that case, then think of NC State success the past 10 years.

NC State's fans go frustrated and critical of Herb always "finishing 2nd" to early 2000s Duke. Despite a Sweet Sixteen appearance and five straight NCAA, it was not enough. Fans ignored that State was irrelevant for the past 20 years, but that constant swiping cause Herb to leave a building program. What folks did not realize was that Herb was upcoaching the talent he could get. That NC State team was maybe a .500 team at best but he could get 22 wins out of them and be slightly above .500 most season. NC State did not realize that Herb was about adding 5+ wins and could normally make a good tournament push. Now, Gottfried is a good coach but how long will state keep with him?

Gottfried is gonw. Kevin Keatts has been there two years now from UNC Wilmington....

Mar 11, 2019, 8:43 PM

Meant to say "How long did state keep Gottfried?" Missed the tense... oh well.

Maybe we should hire Herb Sendek***

Mar 11, 2019, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Write up: Brad Brownell underappreciated... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Write up: Brad Brownell underappreciated... ]

Pretty sure going to the tourney twice in 9 years is nothing close to 5 in a row.

Mar 11, 2019, 6:50 PM

Brad is doing a lot of the right things, and more importantly, he is doing things the right way.

Now that the FBI is starting to name names, I think we'll see increased appreciation for our own program as we see how low some of the other guys have sunk.

Mar 11, 2019, 6:52 PM

Great article!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 9:26 PM

Brad needs to do two things better. Not saying these are easy . . but. he needs to recruit better shooters. You are not going to get the Dukies, jump, run and shoot. But you can get a recruit that has two of those attributes. With enough of them, you can plan your attack, team wise, such that you can win some games. Win some big games. I don't feel we are doing this well enough, not even close. Secondly, he needs to win close games. Win means, be close to .500 in 2 or 3 point games. He is not. Having coached, you can win or loose in those final two minutes. Is our strategy / game plan down the stretch of a game, what it needs to be? Otherwise, I'm happy with Brad. But these two areas are what needs to get better if we are to rise to another level.

Mar 11, 2019, 10:31 PM

We have good shooters coming in luckily. Also, Hunter Tyson will end up a good shooter. I am more worried about replacing Elijah Thomas over the next few years.

Mar 12, 2019, 12:27 AM

True, I think we have one great shooting recruit coming in. You need two on the floor at the same time. Two gives you the ability to make it hard on the defense.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,233
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic