Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Worthy for main board, Israeli scientists claim cancer cure
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Worthy for main board, Israeli scientists claim cancer cure

Jan 31, 2019, 7:38 AM

Some are skeptical but the scientists have doubled down this week confirming they will have a cure for cancer within one year. Below are 2 links.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robinseatonjefferson/2019/01/29/israeli-scientists-say-they-will-have-a-complete-cure-for-cancer-within-a-year/#7c9d0d053621

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001311502/israeli-scientists-make-miracle-dosage-that-cures-cancer

The Israeli biotech company, Accelerated Evolution Biotechnologies (AEBi), has announced a medical breakthrough that will cure cancer.
Scientists at AEBi say they have discovered a way of using peptides, a chain of amino acids, to target and kill cancer cells.
SEE ALSO :Why that TB diagnosis could be actually lung cancer

"We believe we will offer in a year's time a complete cure for cancer," AEBi board Chairman, Dan Aridor, told the Jerusalem Post.
Even though the miracle drug has only been tested on mice, the Israelis are on the verge of developing a cancer cure for human beings "within a short period of time".
The scientists at the company still have years of testing ahead before the drug is approved for human medication.
AEBi board chairman Dan Aridor said, "Our cancer cure will be effective from day one, will last a few weeks and will have none or minimal side-effects at a much lower cost than most treatments in the market.”
He went on, "Our solution will be both generic and personal."
SEE ALSO :Over 1,000 skin bleaching products blacklisted

The first exploratory experiments on mice yielded promising results, with indications that inhibited human cancer cell growth and had no effect on healthy mice cells.
The next phase of experiments will involve clinical trials that could be completed within "a few years" and would make the treatment available in specific cases.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I really want to know is...

Jan 31, 2019, 7:48 AM

Was that TB diagnosis actually lung cancer? And what skin bleaching products were blacklisted?

Snowflake Basher........Out

Now you hang on just one dagum minute here

Jan 31, 2019, 7:59 AM

TB is a good Christian man and I will not tolerate anyone saying anything other than that...much less referring to him as "cancer"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Now you hang on just one dagum minute here***

Jan 31, 2019, 8:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Don't get mad that your

Jan 31, 2019, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Now you hang on just one dagum minute here ]

######## bleaching products have been blacklisted.

Snowflake Basher........Out

I bet it’s hard to tell which end to apply the BBPs to!***

Jan 31, 2019, 8:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

That's why I get your mom to do it for me

Jan 31, 2019, 8:09 AM

Get it...because your mom

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I was raised by two men.***

Jan 31, 2019, 8:31 AM

null

Typo, I meant to say your sister***

Jan 31, 2019, 8:32 AM

Re: Worthy for main board, Israeli scientists claim cancer cure

Jan 31, 2019, 8:18 AM

To hear a Multi billion dollar charity like the American Cancer Society try to debunk it should tell you they are worried they might be on to something. Probably already sent ACS Henchmen to destroy the work and records of their work or and all out blitz to discredit these scientist. Cancer = Treatment = $$ for big charities, industry, drug companies. Cancer cure = no more cancer = overpopulation = millions without jobs.

Jan 31, 2019, 9:12 AM

Exactly.

Cancer keeps too many people employed and is literally a billion dollar affair.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 31, 2019, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Worthy for main board, Israeli scientists claim cancer cure ]

Prolly won't be allowed here. Big pharma not gonna lose that much money(politicians)

I hope they are truly onto a cure, but I fear that this

Jan 31, 2019, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Worthy for main board, Israeli scientists claim cancer cure ]

coul be a possible attempt to lure money into specuative investment.

They are so verciferously stating the claim that it makes me sceptical as well. If they don't come through in the next 3 years, there should be some sort of ethical inquiry.

But wouldnt it be cool to be alive when a cancer cure is found, to see what changes it will have on our lives. Would smoking increase? Would the Social Security age be raised? Would insurance costs drop or increase? Would Israel share the cure with the world?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I hope they are truly onto a cure, but I fear that this

Jan 31, 2019, 10:54 AM

I have not looked up the company involved, but a Micro-Cap stock with a cure for cancer could turn $1,000 spec into Mult-Millionare status...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take off your tin foil hat***

Jan 31, 2019, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Worthy for main board, Israeli scientists claim cancer cure ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Take off your tin foil hat***

Jan 31, 2019, 11:10 AM

I think Ill leave mine own since it might stop the radiation treatment from burning a whole through my head as it did both my Father and Mother-in-laws chest before they died when they had cancer. This is after they said they were terminal(1 year prognosis) and were not going to put them through radiation. However, the head doctor overruled the oncologist in both situations and gave them both hope by tell them it might would help. They both died from cancer but with 2nd degree burns on there chest and within within 3 months of starting radiation. So was it really to help them or to make some extra money or we can make some money and hope it works? No explanation was ever given when asked why would you put them through that when the Oncologist said it wouldn't help.

Jan 31, 2019, 11:30 AM

Sorry your family went through that.

Society would benefit from a real cure. The charity would support a cure. Competitive pharma companies will contest the details, but one of them will pay big bucks if this cure is legit. They'll also charge patients/insurance an unreal amount of record breaking money for the cure.

I'm hesitant to believe the cure is close, but hope we see it in our lifetime. Like radiation, I hope the cure isn't as painful.

Jan 31, 2019, 12:22 PM

Agree. but as far as we have come in other area's they still use barbaric ways of treating cancer and we might as well just be pawns in a chess game if we don't ask why and look at it as a whole not just from what doctors tell us.

Jan 31, 2019, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Take off your tin foil hat*** ]

That was certainly a terrible situation you and your parents endured with lung cancer. I've also heard a couple horror stories regarding the pellets used to combat prostate cancer when the radiation was too intense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Maybe this is it, maybe not. But, I have ALWAYS maintained

Jan 31, 2019, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Worthy for main board, Israeli scientists claim cancer cure ]

that the cure for cancer would never be found in a large, expensively funded lab. As was once said about corruption in the Oil industry: "It is very hard for a man to find the solution to a problem, when his very livelihood depends upon him NOT finding it."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2019, 8:28 AM

I pray that they're right.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2019, 9:40 AM

Hope is a powerful thing. Maybe this will be the turning point on this wretched destructive disease.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm hopeful and truly believe

Jan 31, 2019, 10:06 AM

A cure is possible.

I also hope and believe that such a cure, as well as for other insidious diseases, will also spell the demise of the greed of those who simply care to wildly profit from the presence of said cures. In other words...let greed die. The focus should be on 'cure'...not on perpetuating greed.

Clearly...I'm in need of a cure for delusion...aren't I? Sad...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wrong bored***

Jan 31, 2019, 10:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Jan 31, 2019, 10:59 AM

https://www.wired.com/story/the-complete-cancer-cure-story-is-both-bogus-and-tragic/

Is there any more tantalizing headline than “Scientists discover a cure for cancer”? Some version of this fantastical claim has been dropped into the news cycle with the regularity of a super blood wolf moon for the better part of a century. In 1998, James Watson told the New York Times a cancer cure would arrive by Y2K. This magazine hasn’t been immune either, running an “End of Cancer” headline a few years later. Each instance stirs up hope for patients and their families desperate to find a solution, no matter the risk or cost. And yet, here we are in 2019, with that constellation of complex, diverse diseases we lump together and call “cancer” for convenience's sake still killing one in eight men and one in 11 women, according to the World Health Organization’s latest stats.

You’d think creators and consumers of news would have learned their lesson by now. But the latest version of the fake cancer cure story is even more flagrantly flawed than usual. The public’s cancer cure-shaped amnesia, and media outlets’ willingness to exploit it for clicks, are as bottomless as ever. Hope, it would seem, trumps history.

What’s Happening
On Monday, The Jerusalem Post, a centrist Israeli newspaper, published an online story profiling a small company called Accelerated Evolution Biotechnologies that has been working on a potential anti-cancer drug cocktail since 2000. It was somewhat cautiously headlined “A Cure for Cancer? Israeli Scientists Think They Found One,” and relied almost entirely on an interview with the company’s board chairman, Dan Aridor, one of just three individuals listed on AEBi’s website. In it, Aridor made a series of sweeping claims, including this eye-popper: “We believe we will offer in a year’s time a complete cure for cancer.”

It was an especially brash move considering the company has not yet conducted a single trial in humans, or published an ounce of data from its completed studies of petri dish cells and rodents in cages. Under normal drug development proceedings, a pharmaceutical startup would submit such pre-clinical work to peer-review to support any claims and use it to drum up funding for clinical testing. AEBi’s PR move might be an attempt at a shortcut. In an interview on Tuesday, the company’s founder and CEO Ilan Morad told the Times of Israel that lack of cash flow is the reason AEBi has elected not to publish data.

The original Jerusalem Post article did not interview any outside experts in the oncology field. Nor did it inject any skepticism about the gap between speculative, pre-clinical work in controlled laboratory environments and a universal cure on a twelve-month timeline. Anyone who knows anything about oncology will tell you that a vast number of promising treatments fail human testing. One recent estimate put success rates for cancer drugs getting to market at a dismal 3.4 percent.

What People are Saying
About 12 hours after The Jerusalem Post tweeted out a link to its story, figures from the far right began to amplify its optimistic headline. Pro-Trump twitter troll Jacob Wohl posted it, followed shortly by conservative political pundit Glenn Beck, who added his own self-aggrandizing touch. “As we have hoped and prayed, and I spoke about happening by 2030: A TOTAL cure for cancer.”

By Tuesday morning, Fox News had published its own report. The story did add some caveats, including a strongly worded comment emailed from a New York oncology expert, who called AEBi’s claim likely to be “yet another in a long line of spurious, irresponsible, and ultimately cruel false promises for cancer patients.” But Fox’s grabby headline retained a nearly identical formula to the original Jerusalem Post story, and was copied by similar reports that cropped up on local TV news spots from Philadelphia to Melbourne, Australia.

While many major news outlets ignored the story, the New York Post and Forbes both published their own glowing versions, based largely on the Jerusalem Post’s reporting. But within 24 hours, both sites had come out with new, decidedly less rosy stories, in which they (gasp!) interviewed cancer experts. Forbes actually published two. One by the original story’s author was entitled “Experts Decry Israeli Team’s Claims That They Have Found The Cure For Cancer,” and another, headlined even more explicitly: “An Israeli Company Claims That They Will Have A Cure For Cancer In A Year. Don’t Believe Them.”

Such course correction is not unusual, nor nefarious, in the fast-moving world of online journalism. But, as scholars of the internet attest, misinformation spreads faster online than attempts to claw it back. While outrage may be the fuel that feeds the virality of most fake news stories, when it comes to news about our health, people tend to be motivated by a more upbeat impulse. “Positivity looms larger in deciding both what to read and what to share,” wrote Hyun Suk Kim, a communications researcher at Ohio State University, in one analysis of how health news stories get shared through social networks.

So the “Cancer Cured!” piece is going to travel farther, faster, than the “Cancer Still Sucks” story. Case in point, when Forbes tweeted out its original article, it received 47 replies, 821 retweets, and 1,635 likes. The one that went out a day later, publicizing a 180-degree reversal in tone, has so far received a mere 4 replies, 30 retweets, and 61 likes.

Why It Matters
Social media makes it easier than ever to be a non-critical consumer of information. The constant scroll-scroll-scroll is practically designed to encourage lazy thinking. At the same time, people are hungry for a life preserver of good news amid the toxic content spewing from platforms like Twitter and Facebook. When every day online feels like a battle across party, sex, race, class, and even generational lines, cancer is a unifying enemy. A story about the end of cancer could be an olive branch to a sick friend or a relative across the social divide. Or it might just allow you to believe, for one blissful moment, that your body’s cells aren’t already on an unstoppable mutational march toward your demise.

But all the armchair philosophizing in the world can’t change the ugly truth of the persistent cancer-cure meme: Peddling false hope is immoral.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good going,

Jan 31, 2019, 11:53 AM

JD404®! You just wiped out 'hope'! Absent that, no cure for cancer...ever! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

False hope is no hope***

Jan 31, 2019, 12:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2019, 1:36 PM

I have a friend in the same field as these guys in Israel ( CU class of 93 ) that has spoken on this from her personal blog .
She says that this sounds pretty promosing but until they've published their research and results she's going to remain a bit skeptical that it's a cure .

DB23

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic