Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Marijuana should be legal.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

Marijuana should be legal.

May 4, 2012, 3:26 PM

Completely dumb it is illegal. Half the people I know smoke it including CEO's and Martha Stewart wannabes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Marijuana should be legal.

May 4, 2012, 3:27 PM

I never tried it or never wanted too...plus being in the military..its def. not allowed

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have tried it and actually liked it but I do realize its..

May 4, 2012, 3:29 PM

Illegal and I have way too much to lose if I get caught.

May 4, 2012, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Marijuana should be legal. ]

I've tried. Never liked it. But I don't think it's any worse than alcohol or tobacco.

More freedom. Less hypocrisy.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

But the fact is it isnt legal.***

May 4, 2012, 3:28 PM

Have you ever told your legislators that it should be legal?

May 4, 2012, 3:34 PM

If enough people would tell them, the laws would change.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The laws will not change because it is big business because

May 4, 2012, 3:37 PM

it is illegal. At least at the federal level. However, Colorado votes in a few months to legalize it completely and sell it in liquor stores

That's where you are wrong. If enough people would make it

May 4, 2012, 3:42 PM

an issue with their representatives, the law would change. Most people would rather complain than get active in the political process.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The laws will not change because it is big business because

May 4, 2012, 3:43 PM [ in reply to The laws will not change because it is big business because ]

That's where you're mistaken: If it were legal it would be big business and, more importantly, taxable... But it isn't legal. Sammy made a mistake and will pay the consequences.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The laws will not change because it is big business because

May 4, 2012, 4:32 PM

Problem is most people who smoke it regularly lack the motivation (burnout) to get off their rear-ends and do something productive, like pushing legislators to legalize...

I doubt the laws would change at all

May 4, 2012, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Have you ever told your legislators that it should be legal? ]

I think its illegal because they cant really put a tax on it

I beg your pardon, Sir!

May 9, 2012, 8:06 PM

The United States Government can slap a tax on DANG WELL ANYTHING!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

It should be, and this in no way means Sammy is a bad

May 4, 2012, 3:40 PM

person; he broke a dumb law that thousands, maybe millions of people break every day. It doesn't mean he isn't still the smart, sincere, polite, dedicated, hard-working young man he's always been. Having said that, weed is still illegal, and this was a dumb move and probably shows a lack of maturity on Sammy's part. He'll have to pay a price, and I hope he learns from it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The government could make...

May 4, 2012, 3:58 PM

a whole heckuva lot of money off the taxes from it. Im not sure of the whole argument for its legality though. I do know that the State of Kentucky would probably benefit as it was the #1 crop here back in the 1800s. A lot of Hemp was produced.

The fact remains that it is illegal and any adult that uses the drug is a loser and needs to rethink their actions...plain and simple.

Even it was a legal drug like alcohol, I'm guessing that it would be illegal to drive like it is with alcohol.

"The fact remains that it is illegal and any adult that uses

May 4, 2012, 4:06 PM

the drug is a loser".
I know alot of very successful losers.LMAO

We won't see an intelligent discussion on de-criminalization

May 4, 2012, 4:21 PM

until enough close-minded morons like him are dead...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I admittingly do not know much about

May 9, 2012, 4:21 PM

marijuana and probably will not ever look into unless a vote comes up, because its not an issue I pay attention to.

What I do know is that it is an illegal drug. That means it is against the law and where I come from I was taught to obey the law and especially the laws that look really bad on your record and will put you in jail (even if for a night).

I do not have be dead for your to have conversation with your buddies...just go ahead and have it.

Cannabis is not a drug

May 9, 2012, 5:48 PM

It's a plant; You take a seed, plant it in the ground and it just grows that way. drugs are created by some sort of chemical synthesis. HUGE difference...

Exactly...Zero processing...It's like a tomato...Know of any

May 9, 2012, 5:59 PM

other plants that are illegal?

legalize growing theOpium poppy plant...its just a plant***

May 10, 2012, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Cannabis is not a drug ]

You can grow poppies...Processing them into opium is illegal***

May 10, 2012, 4:04 PM

Im glad you are laughing at your own jokes...

May 9, 2012, 4:28 PM [ in reply to "The fact remains that it is illegal and any adult that uses ]

Just because you run a company or make a lot of money does mean that you are the right individual in everything. Success in that department does not mean you are a great person.

If you are an adult, have a family (or not), running a successful business then you are a loser if you are using illegal drugs (which marijuana is). Its an illegal drug, grow up and be a better person and man.

I still have a drink or two every now and then, but I do not drink and drive bc I know that it is illegal and the consequences of that happening at this point in my life would be bad. If you are an adult, then act like one and stop worrying about satisfying your pleasure needs.

Im guessing you and CM Shack are still pretty young. Im only 30 years old, but realize that I am an adult now. And for the record, I've never tried an illegal drug.

I'm over 40...guess again...***

May 9, 2012, 5:58 PM

Well, I don't know what to tell you...

May 10, 2012, 8:55 AM

if you still use an illegal substance or stimulant (I do want to confuse my statement by calling it a drug when it is just a plant) and think its ok at age 40, then go right ahead and have a blast.

Keep drinking your coffee...***

May 10, 2012, 4:05 PM

May 4, 2012, 4:06 PM

I'm not an expert on the topic, and am not making a moral statement. However, it's my understanding that MJ smoke in about 10 times more toxic than regular cigarette smoke; that is is in fact adddictive; and, that it a "gatekeeper" drug that greatly increases the chances that users will move on to heavier drugs. I wouldn't smoke it or anything on a bet. Do we really want supposedly highly-conditioned athletes smoking anything??? And, because a lot of people are doing something stupid doesn't somehow make it smart. If that were the case, then smoking period would be a really bright thing to do. Duh!! Didn't Coach Morris refer to players in the spring game "huffing and puffing and looking at the sideline" after running a few plays?? Why not educate our players about what smoking does to their bodies and conditioning?

"I'm not an expert on the topic" Obviously***

May 4, 2012, 4:08 PM

Re: "I'm not an expert on the topic" Obviously***

May 4, 2012, 4:11 PM

Well, then puff away pal, and good luck with that.

Whatever man

May 4, 2012, 4:13 PM

"it's my understanding that MJ smoke in about 10 times more toxic than regular cigarette smoke; that is is in fact adddictive; and, that it a "gatekeeper" drug that greatly increases the chances that users will move on to heavier drugs".
It's my understanding that you have some bad facts in that statement.

Re: Whatever man

May 10, 2012, 10:02 AM

No he has the facts. People who smoke weed don't listen to the facts.
It's a gateway I KNOW i've been there not as bad as some friends and some are dead!!!!!!!
They started out smoking and went on to other things because pot wasn't as bad as they were told so they moved on to other drugs.
To see what they were like and so on and so on.

May 10, 2012, 10:24 AM

lol and 99% of people who smoked pot probably drank before that. I guess alcohol was the first gate way?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 10, 2012, 11:13 AM

I agree that was already posted below.

I;m not surprised you'd be in favor

May 10, 2012, 11:35 AM

Hey look more baseless ASSumptions... I take random drug tests with work so I dont do drugs not worth it.

Are you are unable to post without childish crap?

I just wish our Gov would stop spending MILLIONS on a war on pot. Spend that money on hard drugs, education, or infrastructure. Our nations water and sewer systems are in awful shape but get very little funding.

null

The solution to that problem...

May 11, 2012, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Whatever man ]

would be to quit telling people that pot is so terrible when it is not. Lumping weed in with cocaine, heroin, and meth is absurd... and your right, it makes people think that maybe they are being lied to about how terrible those hard drugs are. Unfortunately they aren't lying. Those other drugs can ruin your life. Weed...not so much.

What? Pot ain't addictive. I'v smoked for 46 years.

May 4, 2012, 4:12 PM [ in reply to "I'm not an expert on the topic" Obviously*** ]

I can quit anytime I please.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2012, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Marijuana should be legal. ]

Wow.... There was only ONE factual statement in that post...

"I am not an expert"

Everything else was complete BS.

null

Gateway drug? No...that would be alcohol...Every person I

May 9, 2012, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Marijuana should be legal. ]

know who has smoked pot drank(underage) first...There's your gateway drug...

Re: Gateway drug? No...that would be alcohol...Every person I

May 10, 2012, 10:03 AM

That true! but pot is the next gateway then

May 10, 2012, 10:25 AM

Pot is far from a Gateway. There are other factors that lead people to hard drugs other than smoking pot.

null

May 10, 2012, 11:15 AM

Look I told you what i've seen first hand. That's all i'm saying. I don't understand why you want to make pot legal when you compare it to drinking??

Two wrongs don't make a right

May 10, 2012, 11:37 AM

Drinking is wrong? Wow.... Drinking excessively is wrong. There is NOTHING wrong with a few drinks.

null

May 10, 2012, 1:46 PM

Do you always put words in someones mouth (child)?

LOL you are preaching to the choir

May 10, 2012, 2:21 PM

You just referred to it as a wrong....

You also are the king of twisting words and making false statements. You do it all the time. Look above where you accuse me of being a pot head basically. You also throw out false things such as I am a "downer" or I "Hate" Jack. So look in the mirror before you accuse someone of putting words in your mouth.

null

May 11, 2012, 7:47 AM

good grief calm down child but hello pot

Loose Cannon ... someone better the the NBA players

May 9, 2012, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Marijuana should be legal. ]

who are prolific dope smokers and also some of the best conditioned athletes in the world. I am neither pro or anti-MJ and do not indulge myself, but recognize it is pervasive in society.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree***

May 4, 2012, 4:09 PM

Depends on who you run with I guess. I know 1 person that

May 4, 2012, 4:34 PM

smokes it.

Maybe it should be legal - but driving while you're smokong it should not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Treat it like alcohol and ...

May 4, 2012, 4:55 PM

collect taxes! There was thing back in the day called "prohibition". this thing caused the rise of organized crime, gang wars, etc..... sound familiar?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Treat it like alcohol and ...

May 9, 2012, 4:46 PM

the only reason that it is illegal is government propoganda. it may be legal someday but don't count on it too soon. the gubm't makes plenty off of it now, you just don't know about it. good luck with that fight.

Agreed. Had my days in high school......but if you've ever

May 9, 2012, 4:51 PM

been drunk and tried to drive versus being high and trying to drive, please explain to me how marijuana is illegal while alcohol is legal. It's not even close as to the extent of how much more alcohol impairs your motor skills than marijuana....not to mention your judgement, emotions, and most importantly, possibly taking home, "that really fugly chick" from "that one night"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drunk Driving is illegal as would 'High' driving be.***

May 10, 2012, 8:51 AM

Wait a second, drunk driving is illegal?

May 10, 2012, 6:23 PM

I understand that driving high would be illegal as well but my point was that marijuana, for lack of a better figure of speech, is the lesser of two evils.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2012, 5:19 PM

> Completely dumb it is illegal. Half the people I
> know smoke it including CEO's and Martha Stewart
> wannabes.

legalize it

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Tiger Woods Y'all!***

May 9, 2012, 6:02 PM

I like boobies

May 9, 2012, 7:20 PM

Big round ones

Did Vicky Valencourt show you her boobies, Bobby?***

May 9, 2012, 9:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe, but it is not...

May 10, 2012, 10:29 AM

Just curious if it really is the corporate pharmaceutics, alcohol lobby,, etc or truly a decision based on medical studies that make it illegal based on the dangers it causes.

Remember the Reefer Madness videos?They were funded

May 10, 2012, 10:40 AM

by Dupont.The US military was gonna use hemp to make ropes,parachutes,etc..because it's the strongest natural material (atleast was at that time).Dupont was gonna lose their gov't $$$,so they started (with lobbyists and $$$) a campaign to criminalize it.The majority of the public was scared chitless by the (hilarious)reefer madness movies.
Now,fast forward to the present.The states are figuring out it actually has medical uses,but the Feds don't wanna lose their $$$ from the "pill makers".Ask any cop in a real city what the biggest problem is now.....prescription pills are killing this nation.The US uses 70% of the prescribed pills in the world........but pot is bad...um kay

really, 70% of all prescribed pills? Do you think it would

May 10, 2012, 10:51 AM

be same percentage of use. Just asking because I think some countries have less stringent requirements for access to certain drugs. Many allergy and antacids over the counter today used to be prescription, etc.

I think it's all tied in to politics.Remember when there

May 10, 2012, 12:09 PM

was good healthcare?Remember when most prescriptions were $20 and under?

Are you nuts???

May 10, 2012, 10:54 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny5SUdLIBV4

Re: Are you nuts???

May 10, 2012, 12:06 PM

I assume you are talking to me.I did research on this in 1992...yeah,I was a little ahead of my times.
Dupont was the major force behind herb being criminalized.
PS,if you believe the stuff in that movie,you need to get back to class.Bob Jones don't you folks getting on the intranet.

^^^^like^^^^^***

May 10, 2012, 12:06 PM

May 10, 2012, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you nuts??? ]

Lighten up and check your meter. The movie is a hoot. I saw it in 1973. I think the whole audience was stoned and rolling in the aisles with laughter.

May 10, 2012, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you nuts??? ]

Oh..I see your post above now. No. My response was in reply to the OP.

Colorado is voting this November to treat it like alcohol...

May 10, 2012, 11:31 AM

If passed, expect a big battle with the Feds ....

If Colorado wins that battle, expect University Of Colorado to become THE next Football Powerhouse!

wow really??

May 10, 2012, 2:27 PM

just bc sammy got busted doesn't mean it should be legal. what's wrong is wrong period. i hate it that sammy got in trouble just as much as anyone else but legalizing reefer bc of it?

Re: wow really??

May 10, 2012, 2:33 PM

Not legalizing because of Sammy legalizing because our Gov spends Millions of dollars each year on this "war on drugs" that could be spent in other places. How much money is the American Tax payer spending on the enforcement of drug law related to Weed?

Use that money on infrastructure, enforcement of hard drugs, or schools.

null

Laying all jokes aside, it should never have been made...

May 11, 2012, 7:54 AM

illegal to start with. It happened in the era after the federal government grew into the role of being a lord instead of a servant. The entire thing has turned into a prohibition gone wild.

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic