Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Holidays bring out my favorite Lakebum
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 419

The Holidays bring out my favorite Lakebum

Nov 14, 2018, 11:31 AM

The salty truth-telling Lakebum1®

On fire today

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess I'm probably a little extra salty today

Nov 14, 2018, 11:39 AM

I was informed via text (right after my wife had pulled out of the driveway this morning, so she knew what she was doing) that we've got to do Thanksgiving with one side of her family that I've grown to absolutely abhor for a variety of reasons.

Mainly because all they do is totally ignore us and have a one upping contest between themselves, which is made more bizarre by the fact that most of them live in the same house, and the ones who don't live like half a mile away. So it's not like there's any new news to share with each other. For 4 years I've tried to make any semblance of conversation with these people, and it just goes no where. I've literally had better conversation with a brick wall while on mushrooms.

Every year we say it's the last time, and every year we go back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I want to feel sorry for you, what if you had to go

Nov 14, 2018, 11:44 AM

and stay with them for 4 days? And they question why you want to watch the Clemson-Gamedicks game so much cause they're stupid North Carolinians who don't know what football is. Or if they were going to come stay with you for a week.

Just imagine that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, that's terrible. I'd probably make it a day being

Nov 14, 2018, 11:49 AM

cordial before I snapped. It's probably the same conversation every year too.

Thankfully our family just isn't built like that, we have to have our personal space. Now, my in laws and BIL/SIL do come stay with us for a few days, but they're tolerable. They bring their own alcohol and drugs, so no problems there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These are the inlaws. So they're not even my own blood

Nov 14, 2018, 11:56 AM

No one brings drugs

Is the food going to suck?

Nov 14, 2018, 11:44 AM [ in reply to I guess I'm probably a little extra salty today ]

Sounds like you'll get to eat then go sit somewhere and nap without being bothered. I call this winning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet not.

Nov 14, 2018, 11:49 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, we'll get out of there after a couple of hours, but

Nov 14, 2018, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Is the food going to suck? ]

still. It's just aggravating, why am I spending half of one of my days off with people I, nor my wife even like? Most of them try to act like we're 14 years old or something, it's disrespectful.

I know I don't have it as bad as some, but that doesn't mean I can't complain too.

We moved one of the family thanksgivings to Wednesday

Nov 14, 2018, 11:49 AM [ in reply to I guess I'm probably a little extra salty today ]

lunch to accomodate one of the families that's going out of town Wednesday evening.

Email chain

A: I will bring an appetizer. We will not be able to eat lunch because we will need to leave by 1.

B: We can eat earlier--what time do y'all need to leave?

A: We will need to leave at 1. Please don’t change it just for us though.

At least you don't have to host. Every since we moved

Nov 14, 2018, 11:52 AM [ in reply to I guess I'm probably a little extra salty today ]

back this way from Clemson, we have had to host her family for EVERY holiday every year. Thanksgiving is always at our house then follow that up with Christmas. I learned to just pour a real stiff drink and play with the dogs in the backyard as much as possible. The will all bring over like a 2 liter Pepsi and some paper plates, then eat all our food and conveniently need to leave with a huge mess in the house. IT IS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Number one advantage to me not having kids

Nov 14, 2018, 11:58 AM

and the step sister having a 4 year old, I never have to host anything. Far easier for us all to go to them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come to your step sister you say?

Nov 14, 2018, 12:09 PM

~Mcluvin

Pics of step-sister?***

Nov 14, 2018, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Number one advantage to me not having kids ]

Pics of 4 yo

Nov 14, 2018, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Number one advantage to me not having kids ]

-CS02

100% chance they have muttered something to the extent of

Nov 14, 2018, 12:04 PM [ in reply to At least you don't have to host. Every since we moved ]

"They're rich, they can afford it" between themselves.

Does your wife not get aggravated with it? How do you deal? That sounds really frustrating, and I do worry about my wife biting off more than she can chew next year with this sort of thing.

Re: Sounds like you were on to

Nov 14, 2018, 12:57 PM

The solution with the mushrooms. Entertain yourself and everyone else!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been to their house. I like lights on and no cheeto

Nov 14, 2018, 2:31 PM [ in reply to 100% chance they have muttered something to the extent of ]

bags laying in the corners. I prefer to have seating for people instead of whatever furniture you can find to lay across. I prefer to eat in my house and eat food that I prepared or supervised the preparation.

People from Dillon are weird

Nov 14, 2018, 1:00 PM [ in reply to I guess I'm probably a little extra salty today ]

weird

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty true statement

Nov 14, 2018, 1:04 PM

I went to a wedding in Dillon earlier this year, and it was probably the most uncomfortable I've felt as an adult. That church was weird AF.

Re: Advice to Lakebum

Nov 14, 2018, 2:38 PM [ in reply to I guess I'm probably a little extra salty today ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 419
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic