Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Man, looks like this whole place took the cheese.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Man, looks like this whole place took the cheese.

Jan 21, 2019, 10:53 AM

Sad really. This whole place was just schooled by Corey Miller. Who cares what he says or thinks? He's a former coot, and his son played for the greatest team ever to grace college football, until we destroyed them. I didn't even read the whole article. Haven't listened to the show. Don't care to. The only benefit would to be able to file away his remarks for a later date, similar to "cycling out". Good for a laugh maybe someday. But really, he trolled us, and sadly it looks as if he won. The outrage from Clemson fans concerns me more than what he said, really. We're better than that. USC is not our "rival". There's really no competition. When we're winning ACCC games, playoff games, and Natty's, I could care less about the coots. Really. Our true rival is sitting down the road in Athens. GA. That's how I've seen it for decades now. And before you dismiss this, I live in Columbia, and have my whole life except for 4 years in God's country.

In this rare air, we have to tune out the talking heads, the attention ######, and the trolls. It's hard, but that must be done. Ignore the noise and the hype, and the attacks. They come with the territory. Close families can do that. As a close family, we have to shut out the jealous tripe from our neighbors. Concentrate on us, and what we can control. Forget the haters, or if you must acknowledge them, consider their existence, bellyaching, trolling, etc. a compliment. It just means we have arrived where we want to be.

And you can just go and apply this to ESPN, Feinbaum, and whoever else makes a living on getting attention. Don't get mad at their attacks, and don't love them for their praise. They're going to jump on whatever coattails they can to keep their careers relevant. They are not our friends. Our friends are CLEMSON PEOPLE. Our family. PERIOD. Love ourselves, and ignore the rest of the world. That's what our football team is doing, and we should take notes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man, looks like this whole place took the cheese.

Jan 21, 2019, 11:01 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I KNEW I needed to secure my webcam on my laptop and my

Jan 21, 2019, 5:17 PM

wifi router!!

Caught me after the National Championship game. I am undone!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Somebody Bashes on My Tigers...They Gonna Get Bashed Back

Jan 21, 2019, 11:02 AM

When dealing with human filth like that guy the only thing to do is hit hard and below the belt, the nuance of the high ground is lost on them. You take trash like that to the back yard and pop it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every playground needs an enforcer . . .

Jan 21, 2019, 12:35 PM

Thanks for being ours!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 11:02 AM

Commonalities between Clemson and UofSuck. We both play with a leather football.......that is all......Thanks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is true Tiggity, CM doesn't deserve a bit of our

Jan 21, 2019, 11:05 AM

attention

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are taking this all wrong.

Jan 21, 2019, 11:11 AM

https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photo-king-joker-image18349670

Clemson is the King of College Football. Every King needs a silly court jester/joker to play the fool, clown around and be absurd. Corey Miller was the hilarious jester babbling foolishness which was hilarious. So most of us laughed at him and called him a clown.

What's wrong with that?

Go Tigers!!

Message was edited by: Harley®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing. And Corey wins nothing. His reaction is proof that we won.

Jan 21, 2019, 12:29 PM

We’re just a bunch of fans on a website doing what fans do. We like to talk a little trash. Some of it is over the top but that’s the way it goes. The football team isn’t doing anything right now. We’re all soaking in the reality that we’re by far the best team in football this past season. What else do we have to do right now? If people don’t like that sort of thing they don’t have to read or join in on what a lot of us have a little fun with.

Yeah Miller is delusional but he hasn’t won anything. He’s doing the only thing that losers can do. Run that mouth. That’s it. The trophy is in Clemson and America can’t stop talking about us.

YO COREY, WE WIN

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 11:29 AM

Took the cheese and it taste great. Love bashing that u of suk and outgoing tide homer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or.....

Jan 21, 2019, 11:31 AM

We can just have fun with a dumb comment from a dumb fan base that pretty much sums up the collective thought of each and every one of them…its something we as tiger fans come in contact with and have for every year we’ve labeled ourselves apart of Tiger Nation. Its funny, its stupid, and its retribution for all the “gray area” years where they thought the had a point. The reason why it doesn’t work is we took their prized bull to the butcher and to continue the narrative of the plight of the SEC is comical and irrational to the nth degree.

Also (I have done this in the past too so I’m preaching to the choir) when I read/hear a tiger fan say something like “we gotta keep our nose to the grind” or “we have to block out all the noise”… I gotta pull back the reins a little and say….dude (I’m/you’re) a fan. Not a player. You didn’t do a dayum thing to win that championship other than sit that fat ace in a seat/recliner and play armchair quarterback.

Be a fan, have fun with the limelight to other fans. But lets not get so involved that we somehow believe that we need to keep our head out of the clouds and stay focused like we’re the first string running back or something…that’s when fans get a little too caught up in it all. Just have fun with it. Its fun to needle Cory just as its fun for him to look like a total sociopath. Cory isn’t getting me “off my game” and “out of focus” or “distracted from doing my job” (well actually he is b/c I’m at work) b/c I’m not a player. We’re not in a video game, I control nada. So…lighten up and let people have a good time during DT of the season.

I addressed fun. And there's nothing wrong with fun.

Jan 21, 2019, 11:52 AM

I'm talking to the posters, and there are many in here, who are genuinely irritated.

The fun is in the winning, not in listening to coot excuses and jealousy. I'd wager, and I'll probably never have Dabo's ear long enough to know, but I'd expect Spurrier got into his head back in what, 2011ish, when he got all defensive about some remark Spurrier made after a practice. Around that time, we went on to lose to them 5 times in a row. And several of those games we had no business losing. I would bet Dabo learned a lesson from that. Probably the best gift Spurrier ever gave to Clemson really.

Refs are the best place to vent and get genuinely irritated and angry. Even then, it's not often I hate the refs, but at times they're just too bad to ignore. PLUS, they make a difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 11:31 AM

No cheese taken here. I'm not outraged. I've heard this clown enough to not expect anything less from him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!***

Jan 21, 2019, 11:52 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 21, 2019, 12:09 PM

I think his article has great merit. Clemson football is very vulnerable at this point and there's no way to know exactly how many players are "taking the cheese.' Reading all this stuff lately about how great the team and program are can quickly swell the head of even great young men. What better way to keep them focused on the upcoming season that reminding them they are still the underdog. No matter what they accomplish, they'll still be "red headed step children" in the eyes of college football "blue bloods," like Bama and tOSU and Notre Dame. Nothing will change that except demanding respect through continued excellence. Boneheads like this clown provide great motivation. So I want to personally thank this low life for the ammunition. It will come in handy during spring workouts. Go Tigers! Do it again in 2019!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 12:17 PM

Talk about taking the cheese...how much of your life did you waste writing all that?

Jan 21, 2019, 12:54 PM

Who took MY cheese? I didn't get any.
That's okay, I don't need it..... WE'RE 3-TIME CFB NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!

GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well put

Jan 21, 2019, 3:37 PM

saw all this coming, and you could predict what was going to happen from there. And let's not forget that our own lead writer decided to put this article up, so he's as culpable too. I don't think our writers should be giving this guy press on our pages, and I see stuff like this all the time. Or are they just doing this to keep their jobs too?

Jan 21, 2019, 4:58 PM

Am I the only one on this board that does not listen to any of the talk shows? I tuned them out many years ago.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never have nor plan to. Waste of time, and at my age

Jan 21, 2019, 6:40 PM

I'd rather waste time on TigerNet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe - agree - WAY WAY WAY too much talking.

Jan 21, 2019, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, looks like this whole place took the cheese. ]

Have no time for ANY of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Our true rival is sitting down the road in Athens.

Jan 21, 2019, 7:10 PM

Please check your spelling of Tallahassee.

You could care less or couldn't care less?

Jan 21, 2019, 8:01 PM

It matters

Jan 21, 2019, 8:27 PM

Well said.

Jan 21, 2019, 8:57 PM

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic