Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5 yrs. (2017-2013) Avg. Home Game FB attendance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

5 yrs. (2017-2013) Avg. Home Game FB attendance

Feb 4, 2019, 5:53 PM

Clemson #15

USUC #16

Did not see that coming.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/02/college-football-attendance-rankings-five-year-biggest-average

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5 yrs. (2017-2013) Avg. Home Game FB attendance

Feb 4, 2019, 5:59 PM

Could you imagine how crazy DV would be with 100K capacity? Traffic and parking would suck but the games would be out of this world.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2019, 6:07 PM

That would probably mean another 20,000 empty seats, unfortunately. There were empty seats at the coot game - not to mention every other home game this year - and that’s something I never thought we’d see. We were undefeated. Ticket office needs to address this. You can’t continue to charge $65+ for nosebleed seats.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2019, 6:29 AM

Plus, there are some people like me that wouldn't want to go even if I were the one getting paid. I would rather watch it at home with a great TV, great food and drink, without any crowds or traffic, driving, etc. It's so much easier that way, but as enjoyable for me. I am just thankful that so many of you love going to the games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no demand for increased capacity

Feb 4, 2019, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 yrs. (2017-2013) Avg. Home Game FB attendance ]

Doesn’t make sense to do it for the 1 game a year you may could go over. More likely you will see more schools including Clemson at some point following UFs lead and slashing capacity in favor of adding seatback seating and other amenities to make it a more enjoyable experience for those still willing to attend. TV and prices as well as competing entertainment choices will continue to challenge game attendance. The peak is behind us. TAM made a big mistake in adding additional capaciity to their stadium IMO

Feb 4, 2019, 6:04 PM

Wasn’t it last Spring Game that the coots had the the cockroach about 1/3 full and they reported some ridiculous attendance #, something like 67,000? I realize that that game isn’t part of this article, but my point is if they’ll lie about the Spring Game attendance what would stop them from lying about every other game?

They also reported some dilusional number for the Akron game

Feb 4, 2019, 6:07 PM

as well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Except, Fitnews busted UsuC

Feb 4, 2019, 6:08 PM

saying their official attendance is only 73% of what they report

50,000 at the Akron game that had 5,000 at best ,was a dead giveaway .

Feb 4, 2019, 6:10 PM

Fill the Hill

Remember SC stadium seats only about 160 less people than DV

Feb 4, 2019, 6:14 PM

so both fan bases fill up their almost exact same size stadiums..thus ranked 15 & 16.

Makes sense..but Clemson actually excels more imho in that Coots are located centrally in Capitol & have double+ supporters due to school size & being 100 yrs older.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2019, 6:21 PM

Tennessee #7 at an average of 98k+? Ha! I guarantee that stadium hasn’t had 98k in it more than 5 times the last 5 years. These numbers are mostly a joke.

2018 numbers will bring that down.***

Feb 4, 2019, 7:11 PM

Those are first quarter numbers.

Feb 4, 2019, 8:50 PM

If they scanned their fans on the way back to the car just after halftime they wouldn't even be top 50.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It struck me that USuCk played the Zips

Feb 4, 2019, 9:11 PM

To get just that...ZIP...agains the 'Hoos! Karma! Gotta love karma! Careful what you wish for!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes sense - the world if full of pathetic losers.

Feb 4, 2019, 10:16 PM

gotta natural appeal in cootville.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

u of 5c also reported over 54,000 for the Akron game...

Feb 5, 2019, 12:21 AM

while in reality the actual attendance was closer to 5,400.

Clearly, u of 5c isn't opposed to fabricating attendance figures so anything u of 5c reports relative to attendance has to be taken with a grade of slaw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 5, 2019, 12:40 AM

Just posting to say that for some reason the way you put the date-range backwards irked me more than it should have and I kept glancing up at the subject over and over again while trying to read the posts :P

Some thoughts on attendence

Feb 5, 2019, 7:53 AM

Likely all games on TV now - compared to a few decades ago - PLUS - the rapid increase in technology (giant flat screens w/high def & super high def & great sound) - it's almost like being there.

Parking is really tough. I don't know...increase the shuttles about 5 times?

Sept & Oct can be brutally hot vs your air conditioned homes w/food, beverage & bathrooms - and you can pause the action to grab food, drink & bathroom breaks.

Ticket, parking & concession prices might just be too much for many to handle today. Figures say some 70%+ Americans are barely making it.

Concerning the heat (& the field running east to west), maybe a partial doming of DV could block some direct sun on the stands (if it didn't kill the grass), or maybe some bright CU engineers could figure a way to create a light breeze/fan system for the stands.

A good place to start would be lowering concession prices; after that, recognizing that major technological advances now pose stiff competition to the money, time & effort required to attend games - it's just reality.

Plans need to be in the works now to combat all this or further declines are sure to come - not just at CU but nationwide.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic