Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like the light has come on for Teo during summer ball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,260

Looks like the light has come on for Teo during summer ball

Jul 6, 2018, 5:05 PM

Gonna be nice to have him with confidence in the lineup next season.

https://twitter.com/wborogenerals/status/1015073228916740097?s=21

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like the light has come on for Teo during summer ball

Jul 6, 2018, 5:11 PM

I have never understood how college baseball players can go play summer leagues while on scholarship? Why don't basketball players do this?

Jul 6, 2018, 6:24 PM

Why was I thinking basketball players did something like this too. Have to do some research, no reason they shouldn’t be able to. Yep

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2018, 8:34 PM

Well I know last few yrs our team has gone on international travel and have played in exhibition games. Maybe this is a way to keep the team engaged and not play in summer leagues. That said, the only summer league stuff I remember for basketball is like the USA team that plays during the summer against international teams. But that isn't a full league but just one team that is by invite only. If I recall correctly didn't Jerai Grant or KJ McDaniels play on the USA team while at Clemson?

Jul 6, 2018, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like the light has come on for Teo during summer ball ]

basketball players can and do play in summer leagues. key is the games/league must be sanctioned/certified by the ncaa. seems like marquise reed had a problem in playing in some summer leagues when he first transferred to CU. bigger cities have some leagues but it doesn't seem as widespread or organized as baseball with the cape and similar leagues.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2018, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like the light has come on for Teo during summer ball ]

Is it because they don't get paid?(I dont know if they do or not) I know they stay with foster families during their season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2018, 6:22 PM

Thanks for posting. Yeah he can be a force when his hitting and confidence gets in gear. Glad he’s figuring it out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now....let’s hope he’s learning to hit a left hander’s curve

Jul 7, 2018, 9:30 PM

or slider. Especially with an 0-2 count. But.......he is still a phenomenal Center Fielder.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2018, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like the light has come on for Teo during summer ball ]

What league is he playing in? If he is in the cape cod or one of that level that speaks volume of the strides he’s made. He’ll be an everyday player next year with or without the bat but with the bat he will be a force.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,260
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic