Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gonna be pan searing scallops in cast iron in a little while
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 421

Gonna be pan searing scallops in cast iron in a little while

Oct 20, 2019, 5:13 PM

With Parmesan risotto and Caesar salad.
What’s on you docket?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simmering chicken for tostadas.

Oct 20, 2019, 5:24 PM

Best part about this meal is I season, simmer, and shred the chicken. Then the wife frys the shells, builds the tostadas, and then allows me to feed them to my face.

Funeral Potatoes (never heard of it..recipe below) ....

Oct 20, 2019, 5:33 PM

I needed meat and Mama Lupita gave me some ground Chorizo a few days ago. Browned it and mixed it in. Also added some chopped jalapeno and zuch with the onions. Ritz crackers instead of chips for a topping.

We shall see how it turns out. Everyone enjoy your supper no matter what it is.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/funeral-potatoes-3268651

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kate Campbell sings about funeral food

Oct 20, 2019, 6:08 PM

It's always good - why I had my funeral for my 21st birthday.

https://youtu.be/Qcj-kYeaAeI

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Toasted, in my new toaster oven, turkey and swiss sammich

Oct 20, 2019, 5:42 PM

on rye/pump swirl. Cape Cod waffle cut chips on the side, pickle, and some Tree House Punch...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did you get? we're in the market for a new one***

Oct 20, 2019, 6:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Basic cuisinart, not convection, but lots of options.

Oct 20, 2019, 6:13 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we've had the smaller Breville a couple years, very nice.

Oct 20, 2019, 6:50 PM [ in reply to What did you get? we're in the market for a new one*** ]

it's big enough to cook a lot off stuff instead of our big oven. For big meals, we might use both. Takes awhile to get used to what settings you want to use, convection is nice, seems to heat or toast pretty evenly and accurately. You can find baking dishes that maximize what you can fit into it, and do real cooking, not just toast. It's as big as we would want on the counter- can't imagine getting the larger version.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

chicken salad casserole

Oct 20, 2019, 5:44 PM

chicken salad, rice and cheese topped with crumbled chips.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This intrigues me.

Oct 20, 2019, 5:46 PM

Is this dish hot or cold? Casserole insinuates hot. But chicken salad insinuates cold. Add rice and I’m thinking hot for sure. But add chips and we could go anywhere.

Ingredients seem to equal delicious fare either way.

hot***

Oct 20, 2019, 5:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Noice.***

Oct 20, 2019, 5:55 PM

I'm still getting over that 1/4 loss Sat, but here it's

Oct 20, 2019, 5:49 PM

Brunswick Stew. Had some leftover pulled pork, bought a left-over 1/2 baked chicken dinner at church (they sold them yesterday w/ a yard sale), and had the other stuff, including frozen hash browns, which saves a lotta work. Frozen Limas (dint say butter beans on bag), white corn, canned diced maters, etc. Mostly a dump in crock pot meal if you have cooked meat. Mrs No making some sort of Kale salad. A basic red wine washes it all down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looking like left over pizza here

Oct 20, 2019, 6:05 PM

was good the 1st time

1st trip to Donatellos (sp?)

Isaac Asimov

Burgers with black truffle rub

Oct 20, 2019, 6:09 PM

zucchini and yellow squash grilled with everything spice I found at Costco.

Black truffle rub is Williams Sonoma and I highly recommend,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BTW, Victory slow cook Gumbo was great

Oct 20, 2019, 6:16 PM

son took leftovers. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rub sounds interesting. ******

Oct 20, 2019, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Burgers with black truffle rub ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pricy, but good stuff

Oct 20, 2019, 6:19 PM

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/black-truffle-rub/?pkey=s%7Cblack%20truffle%7C30

Replies: 17
| visibility 421
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic