Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots land two Florida CB recruits. Bewm!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 5,357

Coots land two Florida CB recruits. Bewm!

Jun 17, 2016, 1:37 PM

They beat out Central Florida for the services of Tavyn Jackson.

http://247sports.com/Player/Tavyn-Jackson-80772

And not sure who they beat out for Damarri Mathis

http://247sports.com/Player/Damarri-Mathis-89298

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Coots land two Florida CB recruits. Bewm!

Jun 17, 2016, 1:43 PM

Classof09 told me they had offers from Alabama.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like this lie ?

Jun 17, 2016, 7:44 PM

Korncoot lied about a Tereek Johnson having a Bama offer and the Coot fanbase lapped it up.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19563292

Long way from Verrnon Hargraves 3

Jun 17, 2016, 1:46 PM

That's the difference in recruiting at Florida vs South Carolina.

Jun 17, 2016, 1:47 PM

According to FGF, they are 16th nationally in recruiting lol

Jun 17, 2016, 1:47 PM

lol its going to be fun watching that ranking drop like a rock as other schools get commits.

Right now they are full on Quantity with little Quality.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

yep, with 157 offers, 79 tentative commits, and the boom bus

Jun 17, 2016, 2:22 PM

16 sounds a little low

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's because they are

Jun 17, 2016, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots land two Florida CB recruits. Bewm! ]

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2017

I get poking fun at the rivals, but their recruiting class isn't a joke. They're going to be a talented team.

Wait, their 3 star class will drop likea rock

Jun 17, 2016, 2:18 PM

once the BIG Boys fill up their rosters with 4 and 5 stars while USuC is signing every 2 star available to get bodies to fill up the class. Bookmark this and check back in Feb. Plus ,they are always good for a couple of DeCootments and those are always their most highly rated players.Let's not forget the ones that'll sign in Feb and never get into school in Aug. It's the USuC way .

Re: Wait, their 3 star class will drop likea rock

Jun 17, 2016, 2:29 PM

You may be right, but at this point in time, they're #16 and they've got a reason to be happy about it. They just went thru a 3-9 season and obviously had a horrible coaching situation thrown on them. I don't blame them for celebrating this.

Jun 17, 2016, 2:55 PM

I don't think they are all that happy about it, though. At least not all of them. A lot of people on their boards are showing concern with the quality of their commitments.

Jun 17, 2016, 3:04 PM

Like someone said, their rankings are based on quantity not quality

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2016, 3:30 PM

Will Muschamp will oversign like a ####, guys.

What you gotta understand about the way Boom operates - and a good many Florida HS coaches assuredly do, which is one of the (many) things that got Muschamp in hot water with Florida AD Jeremy Foley - is that a South Carolina offer and even a South Carolina acceptance of a recruit's offer is provisional...meaning, it will stand right up to the moment when Muschamp lands somebody better. And he is always trying to better-deal you. He will not call it a day at CB even though he's got two just now committed...his approach will be, okay, I got these guys, now let's see if I can get a better one...and if it comes to having to jettison one of these guys to make room for the next one, well, so be it.

The guy is basically like a hamster on coffee. He's frenetic, busy, and while his motion is often of the hamster-on-the-hamster-wheel (on coffee) variety, and about as productive, he also isn't ever, ever going to stop. Even when he should. Even when what he's doing is digging himself a deeper hole. Nobody at Florida, or even Auburn, for that matter, trusted Boom after they'd been around him awhile. He's been banned in so many Florida-area high schools it's comical. At Texas, he had Mack Brown running interference for him and smoothing over all the feathers he ruffled, while Boom supplied the vinegar and vitriol Brown often lacked, but even then Boom was known to be a handful.

Muschamp won't hesitate to take 35 commitments, but somehow it'll work out he'll end up pulling the offers on 10 of them. He even did a little of this last year....including one to a Rock Hill WR, which was a bad, bad move because it's getting him in trouble in Rock Hill, which has long been a USC stronghold.

So don't sweat the lack of quality. Boom will make upgrades if he can swing it. I think it's shortsighted as all, and it kind of comes from the fact that he's used to Florida and Texas where there's a gazillion high schools and prospects and if you make some of 'em mad, Oh Well, but it's less wise to go burning bridges like that in South Carolina, where the pickings are a lot slimmer.

Then again, does anyone really think Boom is thinking long-term at South Carolina?

+1...***

Jun 18, 2016, 8:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

# stars commit early to save their place.

Jun 17, 2016, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Wait, their 3 star class will drop likea rock ]

Anyone taking this many 3 stars this early knows they don't have a chance with the stars later on.

1 - 4 star and 14 -3 stars.

247 has them even higher. 247's is the best because their composite chart is an average of all 4 services.

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Commits

Re: # stars commit early to save their place.

Jun 17, 2016, 3:34 PM

Their average right now of 84 would have put them at 37th in the nation last year.

That average will most likely drop

Jun 17, 2016, 3:41 PM

as they fill up their class with quantity over quality. You don't attract 4 & 5 stars with early average recruits.

You sign the stars to get the ball rolling,save the lower ranked players to fill out the class as the 4 stars chose elsewhere to go.

Jun 17, 2016, 4:07 PM [ in reply to # stars commit early to save their place. ]

Rivals says they're @ 3 4-stars & 10 3-stars...which service were you looking at?

Jun 17, 2016, 4:14 PM

He linked the site he was looking at, even explained it.

Man you sure are defending those guys awfully hard. Do you actually think they have a good recruiting class going?

Jun 17, 2016, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: # stars commit early to save their place. ]

Probably the site that actually brings all recruiting services together and is pretty reliable.

I provided the link

Jun 17, 2016, 7:04 PM [ in reply to Re: # stars commit early to save their place. ]

247's composite rating takes the average of all 4 rating services. If their average over 4 services is not 4 stars , then only one service is rating them as 4 stars, therefore, not true 4 stars. Using the composite list gives you a better over all picture of what the rating services think of a particular recruit.

I fear you do not know how ranking work

Jun 17, 2016, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Wait, their 3 star class will drop likea rock ]

They get points for 3 stars, so having 100 3-stars this early gives them points. When everyone else gets their classes, then I expect them to land outside the top 30.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's because they are

Jun 17, 2016, 3:57 PM [ in reply to That's because they are ]

That's more quantity than quality, same reason why Northwestern is top-15.

Jun 17, 2016, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots land two Florida CB recruits. Bewm! ]

They are, buts thats nothing to be excited about. They have racked up on 3 star players that don't have many other power 5 offers. They have 14 recruits already, with only 3 four star players. And they are low 4 star players.

Northwestern and miss st are both ahead of them and Rutgers and Houston are right behind them, they all have racked up on recruits and will be no where near top 20 when signing day comes around.

I checked

Jun 17, 2016, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots land two Florida CB recruits. Bewm! ]

And the Coots are ranked in the top 20 . Just ahead of Wofford and Fordham .
They trail bigtimers Youngstown St. and FAMU by a lot , but this is USuCs first year recruiting down in FCS so there's some ground to make up .
They should jump Morehead State with just one more 2? commit .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

It's a tight race, but I give Spurrier a slight

Jun 17, 2016, 1:50 PM

nod on the recruiting trail. I think ol SOS recruited Florida slightly better and he didn't need a bus.

i wonder if Mathis camped with us?

Jun 17, 2016, 1:53 PM

I know we had a handful of guys from Lakeland with their coach this past week...you know the one that said none of these guys will get an offer from Clemson.

That thought crossed my mind as well.***

Jun 17, 2016, 1:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 17, 2016, 3:52 PM

Didn't a Lakeland coach at camp say none of his players compare to the kids at Clemson. Looks line Usuck grabbed em one.

That's right

Jun 17, 2016, 3:55 PM

His coach that said none of guys were Clemson material, also said Chump was offering anything with a pulse.

Jun 17, 2016, 3:57 PM

Jackson kid has a nice offer list and we are on it. He will start for sure at Usuck i bet that is why he is going there.

Jackson will end up Decootmitting by signing day.***

Jun 17, 2016, 5:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could see that

Jun 17, 2016, 7:57 PM

He's a high enough 3 star that some BIGGER team could come after him to fill a need that they suddenly have due to not getting someone they thought they'd get,or something like the TJ Green situation last, when when Wallace waved by to Cincy because of better offers from Clemson and Ohio state.

I hope they keep this up***

Jun 17, 2016, 7:53 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 33
| visibility 5,357
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic