Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Losing Kendall Joseph and Tre Lamar will hurt a little
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Losing Kendall Joseph and Tre Lamar will hurt a little

Feb 18, 2019, 10:52 AM

not that we wont move forward and be fine at LB, obviously that's what we do, but from a standpoint of replacing production, i'm less worried about the DL as i am about LB. Joseph has been making plays here for 3 years (2016 was probably his best year statistically). He can tackle, he can cover, and he's always around the football. Still, Tre Lamar might have been more valuable. I don't think its a coincidence that the one game he missed, South Carolina, was plagued with uncharacteristic Defensive breakdowns and miscommunication. Lamar, like Ben Boulware before him, got everyone in position and was kind of the field general.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Losing Kendall Joseph and Tre Lamar will hurt a little

Feb 18, 2019, 10:59 AM

Yeah, I can definitely see where you’re coming from. Hopefully that lightbulb will come on for Shaq but most promising is Skalski. If he can stay healthy. We got some good ones on the way. Just how fast can they be contributors. It’s definitely demanding in CBV ‘s schemes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vonta Bentley

Feb 18, 2019, 10:12 PM

I think we will be fine at LB. Venables will be tough. Mike Jones Jr. Skalski. But, the player I am most interested to see play the position is Vonta Bentley.
He plays with a mean streak and violent intentions steadily.

How many more days until GT again, LOL?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Years ago I'd be worried. But as long as Venables is our

Feb 18, 2019, 11:01 AM

coach, I'm not worried a bit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Years ago I'd be worried. But as long as Venables is our

Feb 18, 2019, 11:08 AM

Now that I can totally agree on. He’s light years ahead of us. Interesting to discuss and fun to see who steps up. My bet is mike jones and Chad Smith.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2019, 11:10 AM

I think Shaq can definitely be as good as Kendall given how talented he is. Skalski seems like a more athletic Ben Boulware, which is a good thing, especially if he can be the field general/leader that Boulware was. I'm excited to see how the depth chart plays out with so many freshmen competing. Mike Jones, Jake Venables, Kane Patterson, Vonta Bentley, Bryton Constantine, Greg Williams, and Keith Maguire. And I'm also excited to see the continued evolution of Isaiah Simmons, who has 1st round talent.

Long ago I learned to refrain from...

Feb 18, 2019, 1:37 PM

fear about what we lose on defense and rejoice about who will start next year. Remember when we had a defensive end that we couldn't replace? Yeah, me neither but ESPiN was all over it. Year after year we finished ranked higher than we started in the polls and most of that was due to ESPiN's evaluation of what we lost.

Articles about Bama were about how many five stars they added to the rolls while articles about Clemson were about who all we lost. Now where are we. 2-2 with Bama in the playoff, one of if not the most powerful offense that ever took a college field, a defensive coordinator who makes more than most head coaches and is worth every stinkin nickle of it and a program that just stomped the living dogchit out of the "GOAT!"

'We've nothing to fear but running out of beer!'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Long ago I learned to refrain from...

Feb 18, 2019, 1:41 PM

Or as FDR said..."THE ONLY THING WE HAVE TO FEAR...IS FEAR ITSELF"...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Loved Lamar but it seemed he was subbed for a lot

Feb 18, 2019, 7:19 PM

on passing downs. It was usually JD Davis who got those snaps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2019, 9:22 AM

Agree, but our offense will score so many points it prolly won't matter

Feb 19, 2019, 1:15 PM

I can already see all the screen passes in the first few weeks

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic