Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SC in the news again.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 210

SC in the news again.

Jul 23, 2019, 11:41 AM

I just kinda lol at this article though. Short of unplugging darn near everything and going offline, you're going to be tracked by SOMEONE. There are ways to avoid Google, but your soul is still sold to Facebook. Avoid Google and Facebook and your soul is still sold to Amazon. Avoid Google/Facebook/Amazon and it's still sold to dozens of apps on your phone. It's still sold to Microsoft if you have a desktop. It's sold to Netflix, Sling, or even if you just browse websites.

Short of living offline, it's a losing cause to avoid being tracked. Even when you go to Publix or wherever, if you pay with a credit card or debit card, or even a check, they track what you buy. Only way to not be tracked is to pay with cash. And this is while being "offline". So you can't escape it really. Oh, article...

https://www.thehour.com/news/article/Never-Googlers-Web-users-take-the-ultimate-step-14116157.php

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me when people were scared of E-commerce

Jul 23, 2019, 2:25 PM

And payment data being stolen back in the late 90s and early 2000s.

It's not unfounded, but it's also not optional if you want to live normally.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol. Credit card companies eat that fraud as a write-off

Jul 23, 2019, 3:03 PM

Identity theft is where it's at. Buy a house, a car, go to college. Get arrested. Avoid taxes. Intercept refunds. All kinds of stuff worse now than credit card fraud. They just change a number, issue a new card, and write off whatever was spent. Not so easy with identity theft.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 210
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic