Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Listening to Tony "tears" Morrell on with Mickey
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Listening to Tony "tears" Morrell on with Mickey

May 14, 2019, 8:45 AM

How sad it must be when your qb has the game of his career and you still lose by 21 points.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Listening to Tony "tears" Morrell on with Mickey

May 14, 2019, 8:49 AM

I still think BV may have been vanilla on the defensive call to set up our potential playoff opponents for weaknesses that didn’t really exist.

May 14, 2019, 9:06 AM

I’ve said many times to my dad and Clemson friends that it was like we were playing possum against SC to give ND and Bama false hope.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 9:33 AM

He was trying out different schemes and formations, coverage. Just like y’all said, getting ready for the playoffs. Not sure he was intentionally playing possum but moreso experimenting.

But, even with that, they did play way over their heads and got lucky on a couple plays.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does anyone really know this to be true? I think

May 14, 2019, 10:13 AM

our secondary just took the night off. All night long I was saw guys in position at WR breaks and cuts, only to lose position or leverage and let WRs run past them or by them.

Effort was very poor. I just think they had a lazy night, and it wasn't anything intentional on our part.

Re: Does anyone really know this to be true? I think

May 14, 2019, 10:43 PM

If you think there was not some chess being played, you are either a prideful coot or not very good at the concept of psychology. Clearly, not totally, there were things done or not shown by Clemson play calling to manipulate perception for real opponents watching. Coots had no chance so the margin of error was huge.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Listening to Tony "tears" Morrell on with Mickey ]

that's a little more plausible and I think, probable-

May 15, 2019, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Listening to Tony "tears" Morrell on with Mickey ]

I totally agree with you, plus coot receivers who made those catches would not make them again if old man Jake threw it up for grabs another 50 times. IMO we lured ND and Bama in like a couple of boneheaded chumps, then unleashed the best defense in college football on them!!!??

Let the 2018 Clemson vs Coots game be renamed as the possum game. Saban seems to have fell for it tired legs and all the other excuses Bama has made since that butt whipping by the Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ultimate con job...and everyone fell for it....LOL***

May 14, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Listening to Tony "tears" Morrell on with Mickey ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ultimate con job...and everyone fell for it....LOL***

May 14, 2019, 10:09 AM

"The Sting" ! Redford and Newman.
What a con!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Listening to Tony "tears" Morrell on with Mickey ]

playing possum...yeah..I guess he told tanner muse to keep diving at receivers legs instead of tackling them on deep coverage.

Yup. I don't think it was playing possum at all.***

May 14, 2019, 10:14 AM

We were caught out of position a lot because they ran such

May 14, 2019, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Listening to Tony "tears" Morrell on with Mickey ]

High tempo.

It is true that our coaches hold back some wrinkles for the CFP though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We did this on both sides of the ball. We always hold back

May 14, 2019, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Listening to Tony "tears" Morrell on with Mickey ]

For the CFP

Edit: go ahead and give me the thumbs down you knuckle dragger

Even Nick Saban said we ran a bunch of stuff they didn't prepare for at half time.

Message was edited by: TigerDominance®

LOL. You're way over thinking this.

May 14, 2019, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Listening to Tony "tears" Morrell on with Mickey ]

Our safeties just made some mistakes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“over thinking this.” That’s not something posted here often***

May 14, 2019, 11:36 AM

May 14, 2019, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Listening to Tony "tears" Morrell on with Mickey ]

Lexguy2003 said:

I still think BV may have been vanilla on the defensive call to set up our potential playoff opponents for weaknesses that didn’t really exist.

Rope a dope.

I can't see Brent Venables EVER instructing a defense of his

May 14, 2019, 10:32 AM

to sandbag in a game to 'fool' a future, better opponent. He isn't wired that way. He demands maximum effort and correct diagnosis on every play. On top of that, Dabo would've had some input on that decision and I just can't see both those guys pulling something like that. Their attitude is 'the only team that can beat Clemson is Clemson' so the likelihood of that scenario is pretty much nil.

We just had some guys who didn't play their 'A' game because they knew the coots couldn't score enough or stop our O. They basically gave the same effort they would against GA Southern except the coots had slightly better athletes at some positions than GA Southern.

Well, i was there & a bit pisssed in how Coots had their way too much!

May 14, 2019, 11:15 AM

Saying, they had a smart plan of negating our NFL Dline’s rush by having Bentley do a quick 2-3 step drop & firing it to open receivers.

They were in the Red Zone as game ended!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, i was there & a bit pisssed in how Coots had their way too much!

May 14, 2019, 11:23 AM

They had their way, sort of, in the 1st half. We curbed them in the 3rd and stopped him cold, put the game away. Don't act lije they owned us for 4 quarters. They didn't.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, i was there & a bit pisssed in how Coots had their way too much!

May 14, 2019, 3:44 PM

I was disappointed being in the stadium and us letting them score, but after i rewatched it, we did shut them down in the 3rd quarter. It was 49-21 before Dabo started emptying the bench.

Yep, exactly. BV would never willingly allow the other team

May 14, 2019, 11:41 AM [ in reply to I can't see Brent Venables EVER instructing a defense of his ]

to score. No way.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/coach/Venables-I-people-rip-peoples-faces-20193

Like most u of 5c fans...

May 14, 2019, 3:33 PM

Tony Morrell has his head so far up his own a$$, he has to look through his belly button in order to see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 14, 2019, 3:34 PM

he said you no, 47 times talking to Mickey.

May 14, 2019, 3:46 PM

He loves a good "day in and day out" also.

May 15, 2019, 1:07 PM

The offensive PI right before half that negated a TD kept the game closer than it actually was. The 3rd quarter was a beat down that removed all doubt.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic