Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let this clip live in infamy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Let this clip live in infamy

Nov 9, 2019, 1:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4swIa3uo7Q

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let this clip live in infamy

Nov 9, 2019, 1:40 PM

This post needs to be pinned, tweeted, and re-tweeted!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2019, 1:50 PM

This is why past seasons MATTER. You don't faceplant this bad if all you do is consider that Clemson has won two National Championships and lost 4 games in 5 years. I can't figure out if it's incompetence or just outright corruption at this point.

Nov 9, 2019, 2:17 PM

I believe we just have a group of weak minds making the rankings this year. They cannot think for themselves as previous panels have done. They have bought into the ESPiN propaganda, and justify the rankings the way "they are supposed to be" by any logic they can grab.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2019, 2:20 PM

I agree. I don't know who's on the current panel but it seems like a glorified AP poll to me. Guys that either don't know what they're seeing on a football field or have some type of agenda to rank the way they do. I mean literally Penn State would be a double digit underdog to Clemson and that was before this week. After this week they're probably a 20 point+ underdog.

This should be POTD...

Nov 9, 2019, 2:54 PM

Unless Dabo chokeslams Doreen through a folding table filled with laptops tonight. Sorry, but that clip would surpass this one.

~JKB

Re: This should be POTD...

Nov 9, 2019, 3:01 PM

Re: This should be POTD...

Nov 9, 2019, 3:34 PM [ in reply to This should be POTD... ]

+1 for the choke slam reset!

?????? I think you just claimed POTD***

Nov 10, 2019, 2:51 PM [ in reply to This should be POTD... ]

i dont do twitter but this should be

Nov 9, 2019, 2:57 PM

posted on the cfb twitter tuesday when the new rankings come out

Just tweeted the video- nice***

Nov 9, 2019, 3:02 PM

Hopefully I wasn’t jumping the gun....***

Nov 9, 2019, 3:11 PM

Not over yet! Row the dang boat!***

Nov 9, 2019, 3:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A notch above

Nov 9, 2019, 3:26 PM

Now 7 notches below

Nov 9, 2019, 3:30 PM

First time i have seen this clip. I've heard about it, but wow, did he just end up looking ignorant or what?

Does this mean Minnesota is now a notch above Clemson?

Nov 10, 2019, 10:36 AM

loolz

Exactly why eye-test, resumes, polls, and such nonsense

Nov 10, 2019, 10:59 AM

are totally unreliable. This could be exhibit #1 in the case to fix the college football playoff. What foolishness. How much more obvious could it be? What are we waiting on?

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

they really do need to adopt a set

Nov 10, 2019, 12:27 PM

criteria in the off season..because like the first week..they went eye test for some and resume for others...aka bama didnt have the resume so they went eye test.

Re: Exactly why eye-test, resumes, polls, and such nonsense

Nov 10, 2019, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Exactly why eye-test, resumes, polls, and such nonsense ]

Yea, rankings are way too subjective at this point. What's going to have to happen is they're going to have to increase it to a 6 or 8 game playoff where conference winners get automatic bids and have the seeding drawn at random or something like that. I haven't had much problem with the CFB committee the past few years but they've let a bunch of new people in there and to me, it's become a glorified AP poll.

only problem with that though

Nov 10, 2019, 2:02 PM

if you move to 8 teams they will then just lobby for 3-4 sec teams in each year...i think a good start would be to do away with preseason rankings..so much of these polls are based on the sec back loading their schedules and getting ranked high through out the year then playing each other with inflated rankings..then when they lose the loss aint bad due to losing to a "highly" ranked team

Only one team per conference allowed.***

Nov 10, 2019, 3:27 PM

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

didn't age well at all, didn't even make is out of diapers***

Nov 10, 2019, 12:36 PM

Their RESUME was a notch above. Now, it’s not.

Nov 10, 2019, 2:03 PM

I’m fine with it as long as the basis is RESUME and not magical fairy dust (eye test)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only problem with a purely resume based

Nov 10, 2019, 3:17 PM

assessment it the poppycock upon which it is based - Georgia is a crap team, but get credit for playing in the SEC. The SEC has two good teams and a bunch of average ones. The BIG10 has one good team, two above average ones, and a bunch of average ones. The ACC has one good team and a bunch of average ones. The difference is that the other two conferences get an artificial bounce based on bias.

Resume should start with wins/losses. Then move on to SOS.

Nov 10, 2019, 4:08 PM

The above only applies to power five teams.

Among power five teams a one loss team should never get in ahead of an undefeated team. Once a team has a loss then all bets are off but an undefeated big 10 team should never be ranked behind a one loss SEC team.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is why I love the internet.

Nov 10, 2019, 5:16 PM

In the old days, they would have said all this dumb #### all week, then the upset would have happened, then they would have just moved on as if they never said Penn State was so great, and none of their colleagues would call them out on it.

Now, they still do that, but because of the internet we can always know that yes, they were and are completely full of ####, and we can prove it to the doubtful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sure, rob. what nonsense are you gonna blather this week?***

Nov 10, 2019, 5:58 PM

Committee is stupid***

Nov 10, 2019, 6:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic