Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let me clear things up...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 698

Let me clear things up...

Jan 25, 2019, 8:20 AM

Spinx makes a better biscuit than Chik fil a. Spinx is a gas station.

No one wants soggy bread/pancake dough rapped around chicken. If you think that’s a biscuit, you’re kidding yourself.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's more like a Kings Hawaiian roll

Jan 25, 2019, 8:28 AM

wrapped around some chicken.

Hey, could you maybe stop drinking long enough to

Jan 25, 2019, 8:32 AM

know the difference between the biscuits and the chicken minis? Because you just described the chicken minis.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was wondering if something changed radically since the

Jan 25, 2019, 8:34 AM

last time I had one of their biscuits. They're still dry and hard, and the chicken minis are still like soggy Hawaiian rolls, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biscuits are different than chicken mini rolls????

Jan 25, 2019, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Hey, could you maybe stop drinking long enough to ]

Signed - 7spots

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m talking biscuits.

Jan 25, 2019, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Hey, could you maybe stop drinking long enough to ]

They are doughy, wet, and slightly sweet.

Delicious

Jan 25, 2019, 9:07 AM

you forgot delicious....You know you're in the wrong when you look at the drive through line.

And under cooked and too much shortening?***

Jan 25, 2019, 9:18 AM [ in reply to I’m talking biscuits. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too much shortening? Not nearly enough.

Jan 25, 2019, 9:22 AM

That's why they're so freaking dry.

It wouldn't hurt them to throw a little salt in with the dough either....they're incredibly bland.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I made this gif for you

Jan 25, 2019, 9:37 AM

More intelligently speaking.....Different restaurants within a chain can cook biscuits differently. For instance, the Anderson Hardee's biscuits actually suck. They are always dry, crumbly, and often overcooked.

However, the Greenville Laurens Rd Mcdonalds...that's right....Mcdonald's. They can bake a mighty fine biscuit. Top notch. And on top of that, they can push 5 cars through the line in 90 seconds. Their biscuit is fluffy, buttery, tasty, and with sausage on it is only $1.08.

That's my local McD's when back home in G'ville

Jan 25, 2019, 9:39 AM

I do recall the biscuits being pretty good there.

Their problem is the fakeazz movie theater popcorn butter they put on the biscuit.

Hardee's puts real butter. And love.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Generally speaking I would vote Hardess > McD

Jan 25, 2019, 9:44 AM

eeeezNutz. Did you see that coming?

But for the stores I visit the most, McD>Hardees

But then again, I also love me a CFA biscuit. It just cost too much.

location is the big Hardee's problem.

Jan 25, 2019, 9:48 AM

Back in the old days of 29607, Hardee's used to be in that now Title Loan place across from the Lauren's Rd Chickfila. It was glorious.

Now I have to drive out to Mauldin to get Hardee's when in town, so usually I just make it a point to grab breakfast when we are driving back to TN at the Hardee's in Travelers Rest.

Same problem here in TN...if I want Hardee's, I have to drive 20 minute to BFE.

Not sure why they can't support being in good, convenient locations.

I thought it was the shortening that gave it

Jan 25, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Too much shortening? Not nearly enough. ]

that horrible consistency that was like biting into a clump of half cured drywall mud.

As I recall, the more shortening you add, the

Jan 25, 2019, 9:46 AM

flakier it gets. Too much shortening = a biscuit that just crumbles in your hand, which is the opposite of CFA's problems.

A very brief search supports this. My information came

Jan 25, 2019, 10:02 AM

from a fuzzy childhood memory.

No.

Jan 25, 2019, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Hey, could you maybe stop drinking long enough to ]

I've tried a couple approaches to get him to slow down. I got runndover twice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wrapped****

Jan 25, 2019, 9:05 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Thanks crulez.

Jan 25, 2019, 9:15 AM

Deez biscuits got me cray cray.

Re: Let me clear things up...

Jan 25, 2019, 9:23 AM

Who makes the best biscuits in the world?

Your mom***

Jan 25, 2019, 9:24 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your mom***

Jan 25, 2019, 9:28 AM

She only made you good biscuits. That's unfair.

Hardee's. /endthread***

Jan 25, 2019, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Let me clear things up... ]

Re: Hardee's. /endthread***

Jan 25, 2019, 9:28 AM

Really?

REAL MOTHRAFREAKING E.

Jan 25, 2019, 9:41 AM

If every other fast food restaurant caught fire tonight and Hardee's was all that was left tomorrow morning, it would not in the least be a tragedy at all whatsoever.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: REAL MOTHRAFREAKING E.

Jan 25, 2019, 9:43 AM

In N Out Burger needs to survive.

I'll concur.

Jan 25, 2019, 9:49 AM

Once I discovered Mustard grilled on the secret menu, I've been hooked.

Why? Because mustard_rocks

Jan 25, 2019, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Hardee's. /endthread*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2019, 9:33 AM

I hear Bojangles has good biscuits.

A Bojangle's biscuit, when served fresh out of the oven,

Jan 25, 2019, 9:41 AM

is a thing of beauty.

Problem is you only get one in that condition about 15-20% of the time. After 10 minutes in open air, a Bojangles biscuit starts declining rapidly. By the half hour mark, you might as well be eating a KFC biscuit.

Hardee's OTOH, age well, a 30 minute Hardee's biscuit isn't much worse than a fresh one. It's the four pounds of butter they put in each biscuit.

Hardee's biscuits can be picked up early in the morning on

Jan 25, 2019, 9:49 AM

the way to the tailgate, leftovers tossed in the car while you're at the game, forgotten about until you get home that night from Clemson and still be delicious when you find it in the back while putting up all the tailgate gear. And that has been proven on more than one occasion, which means it's valid information that should be included in high school science textbooks.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Bojangle's biscuit, when served fresh out of the oven,

Jan 25, 2019, 9:50 AM [ in reply to A Bojangle's biscuit, when served fresh out of the oven, ]

yep, 4 hrs later pop that sucker in the microwave and it's #### near perfect. Butter. Salt. Awesome.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The last time I went to Bojangles, the old dude behind me

Jan 25, 2019, 10:04 AM [ in reply to A Bojangle's biscuit, when served fresh out of the oven, ]

ordered his biscuit well done. Well, the brilliant lady switched our stuff up. I am still upset at both of them for this.

They are my #2. Their biscuits are usually a little harder/

Jan 25, 2019, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Hardee's. /endthread*** ]

drier than hardee's on average. Still good though....and can get one all day. I'd rather have a biscuit than a nasty burger often times.

***this info is spot on. I don't care what anybody thinks. Data summized over years of biscuit eatin' on the road between VA and BAMA. look at me being serious***

I’ve always felt that if you could get a Bojangles Cajun fillet chicken breast...

Jan 25, 2019, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Hardee's. /endthread*** ]

On a Hardee’s biscuit. You would have fast food biscuit perfection.

Re: I’ve always felt that if you could get a Bojangles Cajun fillet chicken breast...***

Jan 25, 2019, 9:52 AM

insert "he's right ya know" img.

Message was edited by: CUFOR98®

Re: I’ve always felt that if you could get a Bojangles Cajun fillet chicken breast...

Jan 25, 2019, 10:02 AM [ in reply to I’ve always felt that if you could get a Bojangles Cajun fillet chicken breast... ]

tmml***

Jan 25, 2019, 10:04 AM

CFA spicy breast is > Bojangles Cajun filet, so put that

Jan 25, 2019, 10:09 AM [ in reply to I’ve always felt that if you could get a Bojangles Cajun fillet chicken breast... ]

badboy on a Hardee's bizkit. If CFA spicy isn't available, then you can have the conversation about whether a regular CFA breast with Franks (WIN) or Texas Pete (kinda meh) or Tabasco is better or worse than a Cajun filet.

Re: CFA spicy breast is > Bojangles Cajun filet, so put that

Jan 25, 2019, 10:12 AM

Re: CFA spicy breast is > Bojangles Cajun filet, so put that

Jan 25, 2019, 10:14 AM [ in reply to CFA spicy breast is > Bojangles Cajun filet, so put that ]

??

That wasn't always true

Jan 25, 2019, 10:25 AM [ in reply to CFA spicy breast is > Bojangles Cajun filet, so put that ]

there was a time when those Bojangles filets were thick juicy pieces of chicken. Now they look like they have been beaten with a meat tenderizer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hardees also has the Frisco breakfast sandwich, which

Jan 25, 2019, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Hardee's. /endthread*** ]

when prepared correctly is GOAT.

They have lots of consistency issues on it though, stale or burnt bread etc.

SpinX chicken biscuits are the bomb

Jan 25, 2019, 10:20 AM

and cheap and made when you order

awesome

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Let me clear things up...

Jan 25, 2019, 10:28 AM

they do not claim they are a biscuit. its freaking mini hawaiian rolls. so buttery...mmmmm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God forgives sins

Jan 25, 2019, 1:05 PM

and this post is unforgivable. See you on the dark side

Replies: 45
| visibility 698
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic