Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1,014

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Oct 21, 2019, 8:04 AM

Friday night, ate some BBQ did some shopping, not much else.

Saturday, filled with football and getting ready for my SAFe test. Then the roof started leaking. I was able to get up in the attic and catch some of the water, but this damage isn't going to be fun to fix.

More of the same from Saturday except no roof leaking 'caues it was dry.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fishy

Oct 21, 2019, 8:12 AM

Fri - Fished with dad, caught 19 crappie and 16 bass. Got home, ate a sandwich, climbed up in the deer stand. Went to Anderson and ate sum bbq from Creekside

Sat - Fished a tournament on Hartwell. Caught 16 bass total but no biguns. Met fam at friend's house for dinner.

Sun - Church, worked on kid's swingset, back to Church, bought a pizza from Papa.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I figured there had to be a tournament Saturday

Oct 21, 2019, 10:26 AM

Otherwise I wouldn't have thought anyone would have been out. Quite a few bass boats.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

30 out of twin lakes

Oct 21, 2019, 10:28 AM

There may have been another out of Portman or nearby.

The weather was surprisingly better than the forecast. Wind was supposed to be 10-20 all day, but it wasn't bad until about 2:00. Rain was wet, but again not as wet as I thought it would be.

I haven't been fishing in a couple of weeks

Oct 21, 2019, 11:52 AM

Looked like some of the bass are starting to move back into the cove though. It's nice when there isn't so much boat traffic, I can sit on the dock ramp and just sight fish. Seen a lot of gar lately for some reason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you using soft plastic and working docks?

Oct 21, 2019, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Fishy ]

Or still working the points? I’m trying to figure this lake out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither

Oct 21, 2019, 11:15 AM

Fishing pretty much sucked for me on Saturday.

We caught a few on ned rigs where I could see the fish directly below the boat. I went into the DNR cove and pitched a green pumpkin yum dinger nekot rigged to stumps or individual fishies I could see on livescope.

Caught a few on a shad colored crankbait between the pump house and Cherry bridge.

Tried a buzzbait, spy bait, underspin. No luck on those.

I'm not too good on Hartwell....Still have a lot to learn as well.

Welp, the Tigers won, the coots lost but I didn't die.

Oct 21, 2019, 8:12 AM

Batched it all weekend.

Watched as much football as DirectTV would allow. Nice of them to say "771 signal loss in sattelite 1. Your broadcast is not effected but this notice will take up 1/3 of your screen"

Cleaned the boat and took it for a spin Sunday cuz weather.

Drank a bunch, cuz batchin it...

9/10 (-1 for Direct TV)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Was really good but the pollsters dropped it a few points

Oct 21, 2019, 8:16 AM

because it started a little slow.

Friday, quiet night in whilest wife went to her stitch n ##### club

Saturday blacksmith guile meeting, ballgame, pizza & beer with friends that defense is something ain’t it

Sunday actually worked a little but always have a lot of laughs with the other guy that was on

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

It was a purty good weekend..

Oct 21, 2019, 8:17 AM

Friday night.. my fiancé and I and some friends went to Dinner then to Jack and Dianes.. it’s a neat piano bar.
Watched our game saturday.. went shopping yesterday..

That’s about it;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jack and Diane's?

Oct 21, 2019, 8:19 AM

2 American kids doing the best they can?

Now that's a little diddy...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Crazy weekend. Sold off 2 more of my old PC parts. Watched the game Saturday.

Had a wedding to attend in Mt. Pleasant and I was tasked with assembling one of those cheap shiddy vinyl arbors. DO NOT BUY ONE OF THOSE. The holes were all cnc'd with zero tolerance so it was a ##### to put together but ended up looking good when finished. Lutz'd at the new AP rankings

I got belligerent drunk and danced to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kES_RwGQHQ

My ######## hurts (outtie, not innie)

Re: as desired

lazy and full of football.

Took the leg to the Shell House Friday night.

Watched the rain and football all Saturday.

Sunday was an attempt to clean, but not successful. Lazy. But, good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 8:21 AM

Friday: changed oil.

Saturday: watched football all day. Total bum.

Sunday: daughter passing thru Gangland. Took her and ms midland to lunch. Total bum the rest of the day.

Seeing daughter changed a 7/10 to a 10/10.

it's been a bender

Oct 21, 2019, 8:22 AM

last week on vacation for birthday (sorry no TOTE1 pigs of elk in smokies). sister got married this weekend so family was all in town. nice combination of liver torture and high stress...still hungover

no deets required. only remember going to bed 2 of the last 8 nights, including last night. i'm not drinking for a hot minute. don't ask me to hang out next weekend b/c i'll be hibernating in my basement watching us whip up on the catholics.

Fed face with good food and beverages all weekend

Oct 21, 2019, 8:26 AM

#fatter
6.5/10 b/c esespn sux

Busy. The packing has begun.

Oct 21, 2019, 8:27 AM

New house is almost finished, and I'm now in the throes of getting things packed up for the move.

It's funny how much I've accumulated over the past year, but once I get things moved into the new house, I'm well aware it won't feel like much of anything once I'm there, but right now, it feels like there is so much space, and I'm going to need to get more furniture.

Pics of the new house are on the instagram story rn: https://www.instagram.com/tgrwillki/

my builder about to start on roof

Oct 21, 2019, 8:30 AM

too ###### slow...

Oct 21, 2019, 8:32 AM

Ate a lot.
Drank a lot
Watched sports
Had a friend in town.

Solid

Went over to Furman. Watched my Dogs whip that

Oct 21, 2019, 8:36 AM

a$$ in the driving wind & rain...wood do again

27/10

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Not bad.

Oct 21, 2019, 8:37 AM

Friday-Sucked

Saturday- Actually got to rest this time. Spent the day grandpa sitting my granddad who has dementia. Good one on one time with him and the kids.

Sunday: Worked all day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Mawwiage

Oct 21, 2019, 8:49 AM

Thursday - Nestor causes havoc with the daughterof wedding plans. The decision is made to change the reception venue because people may drown.

Me - It will be fine.
Daughtersof and Maria - Shut up old man!
Me - What do I need to do?

Friday - Spent the morning helping set up the new location for the reception. I took a nap while the wimmens did some running around to make themselves almost beautiful. Went to the rehearsal and made a few harmless jokes. Got the "Tomorrow is serious" evil eye from Maria. I know dear. This ain't my first rodeo. We had a fire after dinner and I proceeded to drink heavily.

Saturday - All the wimmens went out early to complete the beautification process. I took a nap. Watched 3.5 quarters of the game. Put on a tie and headed out. The wedding went off without a hitch. It did monsoon, but it was all good.

Sunday - We didn't do a lot. I took a nap.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolute mind-numbing, nerve-racking, insanity.

Oct 21, 2019, 9:04 AM

Luckily, it only lasted one half of a football game.

Friday, took half day and stopped and did a wee tad of Christmas shopping for the Mrs. because I saw something she wanted was going on sale. Also picked up an excellent deal on a large granite mortar and pestle for myself so I can make guacamole, salsa, pesto, magic potions for casting evil demonic spells, and making untraceable poisons with which to dispatch those that would dare oppose or generally displease me. Went over to RH Mom's and hung out with her for a couple of hours and let the pup run in the yard, then back home to pick up Mrs. to head to the Neighborhood Theater. Stopped on the way at the taco truck for a taco and a sope, then to see Will Hoge and Elizabeth Cook do solo acoustic sets. Both were fantastic, EC had been a long-standing bucket list show and I was REALLY impressed with Will Hoge. He's a guy that I've listened to a little over the years, but after his set he's worthy of a much deeper dive.

Saturday, coffee, chores, football. The auspicious start to the game had me pacing and cussing, but we settled in and finally put the L in Louisville. Took the pup over to RH Mom's to hang out after the game, then back home to eat a bowl of cereal, grab bass and beers, and off to LOUD rock and roll jam session. I guess the cold rainy weather had a little bother on me, I wasn't completely happy with my playing...just seemed sluggish like my hands weren't doing what my brain told them too. I got through it, but not my best work. Still had an absolute blast and we played for almost 6 hours. Added a new Freddie King tune, and absolutely ripped Goin' Down with no prior prep, so that was cool. Went home just after midnight, had a snack and crashed.

Sunday, slept until the pup decided to come upstairs and attack my head. She was in hyper play mode and demanded that I get up. Made coffee, took her for a long stroll up the road, then came back and grabbed some quick lunch and then off to run many errands. Ended up at grocery store, then back home to put those away. Mrs. was grading school papers and watching mind-rot garbage on TLC channel so I went down to my pal's music store and hung out shopped for a new Fender bass. He doesn't have much left in stock and the Christmas stock hasn't come in yet, so I played with what he had but didn't find the ONE. Hung out until they closed then went home and took the pup for another stroll, then cooked steak medallions and porcini mushroom and truffle flatbread. 'Twas delicious, relaxed while Mrs. cleaned up the kitchen, then watched Walking Dead, got stuff and things ready for Monday, and crashed.

Pretty much a 10.75/10 weekend. It would have gone to 11, but I think that extra .25 got intercepted in the first half. Still, not bad for our annual Get Punched By A Clemson Football Player Ejection Weekend. Glad to see both the NCAA and the NFL with full participation.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lazy, drunken, and fattening (by APM's standards)

Oct 21, 2019, 9:35 AM

So a bit of backstory - APM had a HAIL of a late September through mid-October. Last week was nothing unusual, but after a full week of work and staying until 5:30ish Friday, APM was DONE and this shaped the direction of my weekend, which is recounted as follows:

Friday - as noted above, got out of work late, but it was a nice, cool fall day and APM felt like having a beer on the deck. Spaten would be my fall brew of choice, but the place that sells Spaten was out of the way, so APM stopped at his nearest convenience store. Was going to get Sam Adams, but they had none, so APM got the closest thing they had, which was Devil's Backbone Mile 842 hoppy lager. At 7.2% ABV, APM had no business drinking two of these. But he did and pretty much passed out after dinner.

Saturday - slept in. Had special time with the missus. Got my morning walk/run in. Did a little work. Made a smoothie. Settled in for the game. First half - like to lost my mind. Second half - much better. Also watched some other games - sadly, the coots do not totally suck. Helsinki and his fam are a perfect fit for the sorry coots. If Tennessee has ANYTHING they would have given Bama a game. As it is, Tua struggled under pressure AND got his other ankle hurt. In other words, the season is progressing as usual under Saban. I do NOT think Bama is the best team in the land right now - nor is Clemson. It's OSU, OU, or LSU. Went to dinner out with the missus.

Sunday - early church. Big brunch with eggs over easy, avocado toast, apple butter, bagels, etc. Delish. Watched MUFC vs. LFC. Very tense, entertaining match. Went to the Y. Had a good dinner. Early to bed last night.

Overall, enjoyed the weekend. Enjoyed the cool and rainy weather (good for sleeping and sexxing). Would dew a gain.

DND.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better than average

Oct 21, 2019, 9:38 AM

Friday: Played golf and went to watch my Rams lose. You talk about bad play calling!!

Saturday: Worked a couple of hours. Boiled peanuts and watched Clemson run the cards out of the building. Hunted and enjoyed the outdoors. Grilled Dove breasts and sausage on the grill and watched CFB.

Sunday: Went to church and ate dinner with mom. Picked up son and watched race. Threw football and cooked Chicken Bog. Carved another pumpkin and cooked Halloween cookies before bed. Read with Myfavjr.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not bad, ball, bike and booty, no boat with all the rain***

Oct 21, 2019, 10:15 AM

drove a brazillion miles the last leg in a rainstorm

Oct 21, 2019, 10:18 AM

awesome

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome

Oct 21, 2019, 10:24 AM

Friday - fun times with my account, nice dinner, bars, etc..
Saturday - come home, relieve the babysitter and play with my daughter all day. Pizza dinner.
Sunday - church, play with daughter all day. Dinner with her and then bed time. Wife then got home with son soon after.

8/10 - missed wife and son, couldn't really party or hit the pub or watch much football. but that time with my daughter brings the score up to the 8. was fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty good weekend.

Oct 21, 2019, 11:09 AM

Friday made venison chili, also entering said chili into a chili contest in nov. just hung out and watched lost. I’ve seen it before but my fiancé has not.

Saturday 3 kids soccer games in the morning then my mom took them all to her house for the night. I went back to my house and got drunk and watched football all day.

Sunday kids came back after church and we drove to the new lake lot. Builders almost have the foundation area dug out. Took the boat out and had a blast swimming and fishing. Caught one nice largemouth and we ate it for dinner.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How early do these blasted soccer matches start?***

Oct 21, 2019, 11:13 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How early do these blasted soccer matches start?***

Oct 21, 2019, 11:44 AM

9am had one then 10am 2. But all at the same park. So over at 11 and got home in time for the game.

Man, I'm rarely functioning at 9 am

Oct 21, 2019, 11:46 AM

on a Saturday. Concerts out of town and tailgates usually are the only reasons I am.

not sure yet.

Oct 21, 2019, 11:41 AM

Friday..don't remember. Worried about the job, talked to a few folks from work about possible alternatives and outcomes.

Saturday-took the dogs to doggy day care while we had an open house. In the pouring rain. We had 4 couples stop by; mostly good comments but I think all of them complained about our closets size. I've never had a problem with them..I dunno. Wait until they go across the road and see the closet size in a house built in 1957 and asking $100K more. Drank beer and watched football at the Shelter for 3 hours, then went to West Marine, and bought a pair of Xtra Tuff boots. Decided to go to the Southern and have a beer, and came home about 5 hours later.

Sunday-woke up early with no hangover so we rode the bikes to Flying biscuit for breakfast, and then rode to a gas station to put some air in both bikes tires. There was an old woman and her granddaughter by the air hose that had a tire on her car that had come off the rim. I did my good deed for the day and changed her flat for her. Later, went and piddled with the boat. Eventually ended up at the Southern to see Hans Wenzell's band play--excellent as always.

Back to work today...

6/10 for the rain, no house offers and job insecurity.

I saw Hans post that Fulmer is coming around.

Oct 21, 2019, 11:45 AM

Doesn't sound like he's ready to get back on stage yet, but sounds like he's going to live at least.

Yeah Hans mentioned he was going to be coming back to the band

Oct 21, 2019, 11:47 AM

Which will be cool, but surprising. He said his first gig back will be at The Southern, so maybe next month?

Charleston-y

Oct 21, 2019, 1:42 PM

Fri - headed to the lowcountry and made first stop at Frothy Beard to pass some time while waiting on wife's brother and his wife/kid to finish some pumpkin patch thingy. Met them at Tattooed Moose on John's Island where I scored that white whale of Bell's Two Hearted Ale. Back to their house and had a couple more beers before bed.

Sat - Hung out for a bit to let the little ones play. Checked into hotel in West Trashley and went for a quick bite of mexican at La Hacienda. Watched as much of the game as possible while eating and then getting ready for wedding. Head out to cousin's wedding at Wide Awake Plantation. Good time was had by all and got to see family that we typically only see once a year at the family beach shack in Dirty Myrtle North. Enjoyed a pretty decent beer list. Catering by Boogie's BBQ was really good. Rained like a mf'er from the time we arrived till the time we left so it was a mudbath to and from the car, but other than that it was a fun time. Back to the hotel and crashed.

Sun - kids wanted to go eat downtown, so away we went. Of course had to hit the market, the candy store, etc. Ended up eating at Oyster House, it was ok. Good, but not great. Walked the battery until my back hurt so bad I couldn't feel the bottom of my feet, so struggled back to the car. Getting old is the suxxor. Dropped into Palmetto Brewing on the way back to Aiken, but wasn't feeling it so got out of there and let the wife drive while I took a nap until Orangeburg. Went to wife's sister and BILs house to have birthday cake and ice cream for her mom. Home, tired af and crash. Yada, yada, yada, I'm really tired today.

Mon - slept in b/c exhausted. Woke up for redhead things and come into work late.

8.9/10 b/c Tigers win and redhead things, but tired as hayell right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

CONGRATS ON THE SEX***

Oct 21, 2019, 2:05 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask me again in 9 to 10***

Oct 21, 2019, 2:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

MINUTES? LOOK AT ME....***

Oct 21, 2019, 2:59 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pfffffttttt.

Oct 21, 2019, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Charleston-y ]

Try walking to the battery and back with a 9 pound bass guitar strapped around your neck.

If the ghost of that no talent assclow Darius Rucker was

Oct 21, 2019, 3:11 PM

worth a crap, he'd give folks carry musical instruments to the battery a ride in one of those rickshaw things.

Pretty guud

Oct 21, 2019, 3:17 PM
Khloex.jpg(118.2 K)

Friday made lasagna and asparagus for daughter and wife.

Sattidy morning watched westerns until gametime. Watched game on tv. Sattidy night had two grandaughters come to house. Took them to Shealy's.

Sunday morning watched westerns. Sunday late afternoon the power went out. Ate the last Zaxby's Zensation Zalad. Power came back on about 9:30 pm.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1,014
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic