Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And we are criticized for playing the disrespect card
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

And we are criticized for playing the disrespect card

Jul 17, 2019, 6:04 PM

And will be again this season.
How many excuses so far?
I’d like to see a comprehensive list before we start stomping these pampered fools into the ground.
Preparation, coaches and players with one foot out of the door, SEC grind, ACC competition .... what am I forgetting?

(Edited for clarity)

Message was edited by: oghost®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: And we are criticized for playing the disrespect card

Jul 17, 2019, 6:12 PM

I still like : "we ran copy-cat plays"...like, you go through the whole season, get a bowl invite, ask the other team for film to study...WHY? So you can see what works for and against them! That is what coaches are for! They look at your games and come up with a game plan to defeat what you have done...and to anticipate what you will do! Apparently, Saban does not watch the film to figure out his game plan! Surely, Saban has at least one of his coaches look over their own games to see what the other team did that worked, so they can correct the problems before they get worse? Or, is Saban saying they don't do that, which means they have very poor coaching?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last I checked, just about everyone runs "copycat" plays

Jul 17, 2019, 7:03 PM

Part of preparing for a game is scouting your opponent, see things that did & didn't work against that team, & try to craft a game plan off that. Conversely, the other team is to correct things that they were getting beat on so that another team can't beat them w/ those plays.

Let's face it, Bama won most games b/c they out-talent all the teams they play (including all those 'tough' SEC teams that Bama beat by average of roughly 49-16) and honestly, everyone else is scared of Bama. Citadel went into their game w/o fear & held the feared Tide to a 10-10 halftime score, they just didn't have the talent to hang after adjustments. Georgia has the talent but when Bama started fighting back, they folded up faster than a cheap lawn chair being sat on by a 450lb man. Oklahoma had the worst start they could've asked for, that Orange Bowl would've been different had they not gave up a 21-0 1st quarter.

Our coaches & players weren't scared, had the talent to compete with the Tide, & prepared & executed a great game plan. They were able to force Bama to make mistakes & made them pay for it. They didn't fold up when Bama put drives together, they bowed their necks & kept them out the end zone. For it to be going into the start of a new season & still be spewing crap of copycat plays, fatigue (you had your opportunity to empty the benches in those blowouts just like we did), being beat up by your conference schedule compared to ours, etc, etc, is a bunch of BS. Our guys went on the field, punched the big bad bully in the mouth, & took the fight out of them when they realized Clemson wasn't afraid & wasn't going to back down.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m glad we have a good Christian man running the program...

Jul 17, 2019, 6:15 PM

That doesn’t want to humiliate people.

If I were coaching, I’d be trying to score 70 points or more on these SEC knuckleheads and going Kirk D. Cousins on the postgame afterwards. You like that? YOU LIKE THAT?!?

~JKB

You forgot the one about they had to play in the heat and

Jul 17, 2019, 7:10 PM

humidity of Miami, while we played indoors in Dallas. By the way, we had that situation in 2015 and never even dawned on us to use it as an excuse even though we only lost by 5 instead of 28.

There's also the one about they had a tougher semi draw in Oklahoma than we did.

And I think our plane trip out to California offered cashews and almonds, while theirs only offered peanuts. LOL

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic