Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lady Tigers lose to Wake women 58-73 in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,605

Lady Tigers lose to Wake women 58-73 in

Mar 2, 2016, 6:45 PM

1st round of tournament.

They finished the season 0-16 in the conference and 4-26 overall

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lady Tigers lose to Wake women 58-73 in

Mar 2, 2016, 7:05 PM

could'nt even muster one little measly win...got a feeling we're stuck with her for good while and I especially say that because of her son coming into play for the men's team...I sure hope he is that good and can make a huge difference

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2016, 7:20 PM

Time to start a softball team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't believe the Lady Tigers have had a winning

Mar 2, 2016, 7:22 PM

season since 2003 or 2004, a long time ago.

I hate it for the ladies and believe a wholesale reevaluation is in order for both programs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The last winning season was 2003-04...

Mar 3, 2016, 7:50 AM

under Jim Davis. The team finished 17 - 12 overall land 7-9 in ACC play (tied for 5th). The team lost in the first round of the WNIT which is also the last time the women appeared in post-season play.

The women's team hasn't finished a season ranked in the top 25 since the 2000-01 season (22).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Wait wimmens play basketball?

Mar 2, 2016, 7:31 PM

####. They'll probably let them vote soon..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Wait wimmens play basketball?

Mar 2, 2016, 11:33 PM

Trade em for Wimmins softball or mud wrestling team.

I've said it before and I will say it again....

Mar 3, 2016, 7:40 AM

The last three lady's hoops coaches have all been terrible hires which is exactly what happens when the AD delegates the responsibility to inexperienced subordinates rather than handling it himself. It also demonstrates the very low priority level the AD places on ladies hoops program.

Should the current coach be fired after just three seasons? Probably. However, if the same approach will be used to hire the next one, they might as well keep who we have because it's unlikely the outcome will be any different and we'll be looking for yet another coach in four more years which would be our 5th in fifteen years.

At some point, you have to step back and examine your methodology and compare it to prevailing methods. After three ridiculously poor hires, whatever we're doing sure as he!! ain't working.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Mar 3, 2016, 10:16 AM

My initial thought is Audra Smith and her coaching staff should separate involuntarily. Knowing Smith's son will be joining the men's basketball program, she will be staying for now. Smith will need to replace everyone on her coaching staff.

Mar 3, 2016, 11:31 AM

She has not been successful at any point. Players quit she is very difficult. She has not recruited well or treated players with respect. She needs to go and we need to consider hiring the best coach for Clemson regardless of gender. Do they know the game? Do they have a track record of recruiting quality players? Do they love the game? Do they love kids? Reckon we could find someone like that who wants to coach at Clemson?

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,605
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic