Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU - please win BIG or just lose
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

LSU - please win BIG or just lose

Oct 31, 2018, 2:26 PM

I think if LSU wins big and proceeds to win the West, Alabama may be out. Particularly if ND keeps winning.

My biggest fear is a close win by LSU. You can bet we'll end up #1 and Alabama #4 like last year. And like last year Alabama will get a week off, an extra week to prepare and an extra week to heal and not get hurt.

I welcome playing Alabama again - as long as it starts as a fair fight.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think what you are saying is what would happen,

Oct 31, 2018, 2:28 PM

only thing is, if we play VA or VaTech in the ACCCG then it is almost like a bye.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think what you are saying is what would happen,

Oct 31, 2018, 3:04 PM

How about focusing on BC first. Many of us ID'd that game as the most difficult one on the schedule.

It has already been established...

Oct 31, 2018, 2:32 PM

that a one loss Alabama team that did not win its Division or play in the conference championship game will still get selected for the final four by the CFP committee.

This year would be no different IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: It has already been established...

Oct 31, 2018, 2:46 PM

EXACTLY!!!!! CFP members will do exactly what "ESECPN" tell them to do!!!! We will get the difficult matchup, then BAMA gets the CREAMPUFF MATCHUP!!!!! They don't want us playing BAMA in the playoff game, cause if we beat BAMA that diminishes the National Championship Game. The bias toward Little Nicky's bunch is so thick you could cut it with a knife!!!!!

Re: It has already been established...

Oct 31, 2018, 2:52 PM [ in reply to It has already been established... ]

Who gets left out?

Us
Undefeated ND
1 loss SEC Champ
1 loss Michigan (the 1 loss being to a playoff team the 1st game of the year) who just beat Ohio St. and is a conference champ in the 2nd best conference in the nation (according the ESPN).
or
1 loss Bama who didn't play in a conference champ

The difference in the scenario this year is ND is undefeated and the Big10 champ only has 1 loss. Ohio St. had 2 last year.

I think Bama gets left out.

An undefeated Clemson or Notre Dame won't be left out***

Oct 31, 2018, 3:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An undefeated Clemson or Notre Dame won't be left out***

Oct 31, 2018, 3:15 PM

Nor would a 1 loss SEC champ.

Nor would a 1 loss Big10 champ (assuming it's Michigan). We're not talking about Northwestern or Wisconsin here. Michigan has just as much national clout as Bama does.

Surely you jest...

Oct 31, 2018, 4:26 PM

Michigan has as much National clout as Bama does.

Michigan lost to a terrible u5c team is some meaningless bowl game last year while Alabama was busy winning another National Championship.

Michigan hasn't even sniffed a conference championship in fourteen years.

Re: Surely you jest...

Oct 31, 2018, 4:53 PM

Michigan has the most wins in college football history. They have an alum and Heisman winner as a figure head on the most popular college football show. They have the largest college football stadium in the country with one of the largest followings.

All I'm saying is Michigan isn't some run of the mill team/program. If there is a chance to put them in the national spotlight the playoff committee is going to view that as a good thing for the brand... same as they would for USC or Texas or Notre Dame.

Scenarios and probabilities!

Oct 31, 2018, 6:18 PM

**Bama Will Win Out! LSU is going to get to Tua some and let's see if he is as comfortable in the pocket afterwards though!
Clemson is going to win out! Go Tigers! Solid in nearly every area(punting could be better)!
Notre Dame is where it gets sketchy! I think the Syracuse hangover from beating us last year is what caused them to drop those games! They have won two since playing us and are ranked. Dungey has figured out how to light up everyone else as well! They very well could beat ND!**
**But assuming ND wins out!

**If the committiee has to choose from your traditional Big 10 or Big 12 conference winner who do they go with? Assuming it's Oklahoma; I think they go with the Sooners!

**Washington State could also sneak in out of "SYMPATHY"! And, b/c you can't leave an entire televisioin market out of the playoffs for two straight years right? Wazzou is the only way a west coast team makes the playoffs. The media loves Mike Leach too!

^^Georgia will be out.

^^LSU will be out.

~~Washington State lost to traditional power Southern Cal.

~~Ohio State lost to an unranked Purdue squad; that curb stomped them; not just won on a last minute FG or something!

~~Oklahoma lost to Texas in a close one "in Texas at the fairgrounds"! 48-45.

To me they have the best loss of any 1 loss team!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Surely you jest... ]

History is great, just like who talks about Clemson in the 80’s. Not the same thing but history is just that. History doesn’t earn you anything it’s about what you have done in the last decade, I would say

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Oct 31, 2018, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Surely you jest... ]

True, but that was last year, they won't look at last years loss to suck. Though, if we dismantle Michigan some 38-0 or 41-0 like we did to Ohio State, then they may start to think about leaving out the Big Ten regardless..

My money is on...

Oct 31, 2018, 2:45 PM

ESPiN ranking LSU #1 and Bama #3 with us remaining in the middle and ND being #4 if LSU beats Bama.

The only other SEChype I'd expect is LSU, Bama, Clemson and ND. Either way you can bet on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My money is on...

Oct 31, 2018, 3:04 PM

I could see this or even LSU #2 and Alabama #3. Either way I think Alabama would get jumped on championship weekend. Really just depends on how everyone else finishes

Re: LSU - please win BIG or just lose

Oct 31, 2018, 3:03 PM

11-1 Alabama went last year because Ohio State had two loses. If Big10 champ has one loss, they will go.

How about if:

- Alabama loses to LSU and ends up 11-1
- Notre Dame loses and ends up 11-1.
- Three conference champs are zero or one lose. (12-1 record)

So then we get to watch the talking heads explode trying to figure out if Alambana or Notre Dame should be number 4

Oct 31, 2018, 3:07 PM

If LSU beats Bama they will be # 1 and we will stay #2. Watch and see.

Oct 31, 2018, 3:16 PM

Lets say LSU does jump us to #1 for next weeks rankings. Can you explain to me how it matters exactly? Week 11 rankings have no impact on the final rankings, it is re-racked every week. Final rankings are all that matters. LSU has played a much tougher schedule than us, IF they're able to pull off the upset I would understand them at #1.

Go Tigers Beat Louisville

alabama has to lose twice every year to be out

Oct 31, 2018, 3:17 PM

which is why i laughed then the committee guy said they dont go based on the past..that is indeed what they do

just lose***

Oct 31, 2018, 5:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic