Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's official.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

It's official.

Apr 19, 2019, 9:59 PM

We are in a slump.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

That's being kind.***

Apr 19, 2019, 10:00 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's being kind.***

Apr 19, 2019, 10:02 PM

Pathetic baseball... we deserve to miss the playoffs. Take fuckinggg Omaha off our hats when we can’t do anything right.

Re: It's official.

Apr 19, 2019, 10:01 PM

At least we scored some runs tonight, but now our pitching went wrong, got to get both running well. Can’t afford to lose this series to an average duke team

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2019, 10:03 PM

Unfortunately I'm beginning to think we are an average team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our defense appears to have taken a

Apr 19, 2019, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: It's official. ]

turn downward, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Apr 19, 2019, 10:02 PM

This team stinks and Monte Lee is an idiot.

Apr 19, 2019, 10:07 PM

Dude shut.the.heck.up. You are diamond knowledge 2.0. What did Monte lee do in this game to make him an idiot? You must be a miserable old man to sit on your computer and talk crap about our team all dang day

Apr 19, 2019, 10:14 PM

Um pitch a #### closer on short rest? Spiers sucks on full rest in the closer role. This team will be lucky just to make a regional and has no shot at advancing but hey at least you have a lot of likes here right?

Apr 19, 2019, 10:18 PM

Bro, this isn’t the big leagues, closers can go longer than 1 inning in college. I don’t know if you remember Ryley Gilliam considering your knowledge but he went 3-4 innings multiple times and was fine. Don’t try to blame Monte for Carson leaving 1 pitch up

Apr 19, 2019, 10:24 PM

Ya if Gilliam was here I’d be happy with the call. Too bad Spiers isnt Gilliam. He’s probably not tired he just isn’t good. I would think lee would know this.

LOL, you’re here whining and being negative about baseball

Apr 19, 2019, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Re: It's official. ]

just like you do with basketball. Typical.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Apr 20, 2019, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: It's official. ]

Spiers had 2 days rest that’s pretty good for a closer. Also his ERA is 1.75 what a POS.

Apr 19, 2019, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: It's official. ]

Stealing home with nobody out is idiotic. That run is going to score without taking the risk of stealing home.

Apr 20, 2019, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: It's official. ]

IMO if Spiers was available then why not come bring him in for the 8th and 9th? Not when $hit is going wrong and just put him out there and hope he performs a miracle. Also FWIW I think Holt needs to be the closer and let spiers be the set up guy. Holts stuff is better right now and he has better strike out stuff to get out of tough jams. If you think CML played that game right I would have to disagree, with all due respect of course! ?

Apr 19, 2019, 10:03 PM

Yep. More and more apparent that we just aren’t very good at baseball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2019, 10:04 PM

Yeap. And like last year losing games late in the season. At this rate we won’t be hosting a regional.

Apr 19, 2019, 10:07 PM

Good news is we won’t lose a regional at home this year. We will be lucky to make one after this pathetic display today. We are just flat out bad. Spiers should quit the game to make his team better ... he sucksz

Apr 19, 2019, 10:09 PM

You people are idiots. He leads the ACC in saves. He hasn’t had his best stuff of late yes, but you obviously are an overreacting premadana if you think Carson Spiers sucks

Apr 19, 2019, 10:18 PM

Oh really? Tell me baseball genius we will be so great with him in the closer role. Admit you don’t know the game and have no idea what a closer needs. Maybe you will learn you don’t know much when Jones becomes closer and had gas plus offspeed to get the job done unlike your boy Spiers who can be a great 7th inning guy but nothing more.

Apr 19, 2019, 10:23 PM

I was simply refuting your idiotic point that Spiers sucks? I have stats and experience to prove my point your going off pure emotion and overreaction on 1 game. He literally went 4 innings vs a top 5 team and didn’t allow a run. But you probably don’t like hearing backed up information. You are one terrible example of a Clemson fan my man, if you even are one. Try being supportive instead of being an a$$hole.

Apr 19, 2019, 10:30 PM

Like most Clemson fans I like winning so if winning makes me a bad fan I’ll defer to you and losing. Try to watch baseball this year and realize Spiers hasn’t been effective all year and it has nothing to do against a team where he pitches 4 innings. If you actually watch the games and follow baseball you know Spiers has been middle relief his whole career and nothing more until this years failed experiment. Face it he isn’t a closer and this team needs one. Maybe we figure it out and advance out of a regional bit this year one thing we know it won’t be at home after the debacle of a baseball season. But hey... I need a TU so Wells we will win a baseball natty just because right!!! I mean let’s go to championships!!

Apr 20, 2019, 2:57 PM

His ERA is 1.75 Jesus He averages about 1 hit or walk an inning. That’s not bad. You need to chill out people who suck don’t LEAD THE ACC IN SAVES. If that’s sucking then F ya let’s suck some more. With that thinking I hope Davidson starts sucking so bad he starts leading the ACC in homers. I hope Sam Hall continues to suck and keep it up being at the top of the ACC in steals. Keep it up Tigers! Maybe we will suck so bad we can regain first place in the division! ????

wait.....

Apr 19, 2019, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: It's official. ]

didn't carson spiers pitch 5 scoreless and hitless innings just the other day? and you are going to judge him on ONE bad pitch? im sure you were an ace on your peewee team, but this is major college baseball, you're going to make mistakes

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2019, 10:29 PM

I know it sucks but it happens as every team in Division 1 goes thru it.We just need to hope and pray the guys come out of it soon and with 18 games left start clicking again going in the postseason.

Apr 19, 2019, 11:15 PM

I agree with Horry Tiger 2.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2019, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Re: It's official. ]

My issue is you could see early on the season, even in the wins, this team offensively is determined to be reliant on HR's even when this team doesn't have those type of guys. To lose Beer and Williams and still have the same philosophy doesn't make much sense to me.

It wasn't even a proven formula the last 3 years. I'm afraid we're destined to meet the same postseason fate as the last 3 until we have defined roles for hitters 1-9.

And I still contend the recruiting hasn't been where it needs to be based off what I see on the field. And yes I know the recruiting rankings. Either that, or we are not doing a good job of developing the talent

Apr 20, 2019, 8:47 AM

Uh - everyone does realize that we were ONE STRIKE away from winning - right? It was 2 outs and 2 strikes on the batter when he got the hit that saved Dook. ONE STRIKE away, and you guys are complaining??? Whew. Okie dokie.

Apr 20, 2019, 2:58 PM

No bro it’s the end of the world.

Thanks, Former Coach Bowden.***

Apr 20, 2019, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: It's official. ]

It appears to be the end of a wonderful tradition

Apr 20, 2019, 4:30 PM

of good baseball at Clemson. Why is it 2-1 Duke right now? Zero fundamentals, including the ability to bunt.

Re: It appears to be the end of a wonderful tradition

Apr 20, 2019, 5:02 PM

You have to say good things about the team or you get called names here. It’s now 5-1 but good news is we will keep swinging for the fences and see what happens. I’m a positive fan just like Judge Keller and this baseball team is as awesome as our basketball team was this year. Go baseball team!

Right on, Brother!***

Apr 20, 2019, 5:05 PM

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic